• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

nero2082

how to drift :

You don't have to double tap break for drift. I've done 1/2 the events at 3-star now. You want to hit e-brake, then immediately start the turn. Let go of e-brake when you start the drift.

I'm going to give this thing one more shot during lunch and if I still can't connect I've given up on it and I'll try to squeeze a refund from Sony. This has to be one of the worst game launches in recent memory.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Evo are full of shit when they say that you'll maintain connection once it's attained. I've managed no more than a thirty minute connection since launch.

Same here, was happy to get in earlier and lost the connection 20 minutes after.

Nonetheless, I am deeply in love with this game. Pure and incredibly fun racing game. Cant wait to do some time battles with a few friends.

I'm going to give this thing one more shot during lunch and if I still can't connect I've given up on it and I'll try to squeeze a refund from Sony. This has to be one of the worst game launches in recent memory.

Why the rush (or hyperbole)? Not having the social features for a week wont magically make the game a historical game launch disaster. Enjoy the SP mode, plenty of races to 3-star until the MP connection is up.

Late Flag

GiganticOddAndalusianhorse.gif

I like this one. :)

Playing with no HUD and just the cockpit view is so good. I haven't this much fun in a racer in a long time. And it makes it more fun with not having a minimap showing the layout of the track or a lap counter. Nothing to distract you. Just gotta pay attention to the road.

So fun.

Why the rush (or hyperbole)? Not having the social features for a week wont magically make the game a historical game launch disaster. Enjoy the SP mode, plenty of races to 3-star until the MP connection is up.

Because I didn't pay to be locked out of the majority of the game, made even worse by the AI being garbage to race against. If I had bought a physical copy, it would have been back at the store this morning.

Hoje0308

Banned
Because I didn't pay to be locked out of the majority of the game, made even worse by the AI being garbage to race against. If I had bought a physical copy, it would have been back at the store this morning.

If you're having trouble with the AI you might need to adjust your driving style. Push your way in, bang doors, block overtakes. It's an arcade racer and is meant to be driven like one. I'm almost done with the tour and have had very few issues that didn't come down to me not being aggressive enough.

Jashobeam

tried to create a club last night and it disconnected on me... and I finally found a cool name that wasn't already taken too. Also everything was slow as hell while I was connected. With all these login problems hopefully this means the game sold really well.

sourc3d

Not sure if Microsft is having a dig, but i just received an email inviting me to 'enjoy a weekend of non-stop multiplayer gaming'

gold_nostop.JPG

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think you should contact them as soon as possible. The longer you wait the less inclined they will be to refund you.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If you're having trouble with the AI you might need to adjust your driving style. Push your way in, bang doors, block overtakes. It's an arcade racer and is meant to be driven like one. I'm almost done with the tour and have had very few issues that didn't come down to me not being aggressive enough.

The AI difficulty is actually incredibly smartly designed. If I fall behind , I always know why (too aggressive, not aggressive enough, too slow acceleration). DC makes you feel the errors you are making or shortcomings your car is having, which is a huge plus in my book.

Sooo...no update on the Plus version, I take it?

I dont expect it for another week at least tbh. They arent really making big steps in resolving the current issues, it just seems like the serverload easening up a bit because less people trying to connect.

GameTrailers put up the Driveclub vs Horizon 2 video

Pretty good video. They talk about and show some of the social aspect of the game that they got to see before the servers went down. So for those of you interested in a little bit more of what that has to offer, you might want to check it out.

Bloodworth definitely gives a lot more attention to Driveclub.

kriskrosbbk

Guys,few more hours till I get the game.UK.A question,when the multiplayer is working,is it working?I mean do you experience lag,hiccups or is smooth?

ypo

After hearing that line so many times before I bought the game and saw the flat/roughness existed in the game too and that compression had nothing to do with what I was seeing in pics, I have to wonder why the hell people keep saying this shit?

When the guy plays the game and "finds out" that yes, the game looks nothing like the he videos previously shown, the textures are rough and that the aliasing is noticeable to anyone with eyes, what is the next response?

"Yeah, but it's the the best racer I've personally ever seen, sometimes".

I don't know, maybe a lot of people have never played a game with actual clean IQ and good AA, But the game simply is not what it was made out to be visually.

Good thing you've never said this about another racing game with horrendous aliasing issue. ; )

regarding Forza 5:
I just spent the last hour or so playing this.

Screen shots dont really seem to represent how I feel when im playing it at all.

There hasnt been a single moment where ive stopped and thought "man theres so much aliasing".

Af and fully rendered trees is not the equivalent of a good racing game

Mullah88

Reminds me of the abomination (if you played the other Socom titles) that was Socom 4! The psn was down when it released for 2 weeks, killed any community the game would have had based off of hype. Traded my copy after getting the Platinum.

Enjoying the tour in driveclub so far, the game is a keeper. I'll do the objectives and races that I can with what I have and whenever online is back up, I'll complete the rest

It wasn't THAT bad, you were able to connect for the most part. DC's servers just....dead..period.

That's where you're wrong. The servers were probably bad or worse than this.

Why worse? because if you paid for VIP or Ultimate, you basically gimped your gameplay experience because you weren't getting your extra add-ons, the VIP stuff came almost a week later, aleast with DC there isn't anything that you NEED to be online because there isn't anything extra you paid for.

I've been able to connect to the servers for both DC and FH2 while it was shit both off and on of extremely short periods of time

i unlocked another of the rufs, a faster one, but driving it with hood cam or also cockpit cams gives me almost no engine sounds -, just rushing wind. Its weird. Like a Tesla. RUFs should be visceral sounding.

There is a RUF that's pretty much electrical. Not sure if it is in the game but it would make sense. ;)

MJLord

Bottom line: There have been a few games with worse launches than Driveclub in the past couple of years.

It's annoying because for the most part it's because they built their games on multiplayer and social features only to completely underestimate the amount of people who are going to be playing on launch.

You can't do that, especially with the amount of focus on the social aspects of games these days. I've still not played with Watch Dogs multi and I don't plan on going back.

nib95

Banned
GameTrailers put up the Driveclub vs Horizon 2 video

Pretty good video. They talk about and show some of the social aspect of the game that they got to see before the servers went down. So for those of you interested in a little bit more of what that has to offer, you might want to check it out.

Bloodworth definitely gives a lot more attention to Driveclub.

Pretty good video. Looking forward to a follow up vid later down the line.

anddo0

I really want to sink more time into this game. But the server issue is so off-putting :(

I'm currently lvl 11 and about to finish the rookie events. I've actually spent more time doing time trails and races outside of career mode.

Greg

It's annoying because for the most part it's because they built their games on multiplayer and social features only to completely underestimate the amount of people who are going to be playing on launch.

You can't do that, especially with the amount of focus on the social aspects of games these days. I've still not played with Watch Dogs multi and I don't plan on going back.
I don't think it's purely a numbers thing - network issues are a different beast, and it's why so many online titles have problems around launch

there's only so much you can simulate and prepare for outside of a live scenario open to the world

Sorry if asked already but what's the character limit for club names?
4-15 characters

Diamondium

Neo Member
It kind of bugs me that they hid their paint customization tool where they did, I see so many people in other places complaining that they can only choose from the 4 default paint styles with no paint customization, kind of wish they put that tool less hidden, so I could stop hearing people complain about it's non-existence.

Nokterian

It kind of bugs me that they hid their paint customization tool where they did, I see so many people in other places complaining that they can only choose from the 4 default paint styles with no paint customization, kind of wish they put that tool less hidden, so I could stop hearing people complain about it's non-existence.

Ehm there is customization when you go to your garage all the way to the right you can make your own stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom