• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you still play it? That used to be a thing on PS3.

I don't know, it's already deleted. It was just so frustrating not being able to use the main draw of the game with no ETA for a fix and being locked out of content I could use for single-player for not being able to join a club. I enjoyed what I played but I wasn't getting my money's worth at all. I'll try the PS+ Edition when it comes out and if things are better then I'll consider getting the full game again.

Gestault

It kind of bugs me that they hid their paint customization tool where they did, I see so many people in other places complaining that they can only choose from the 4 default paint styles with no paint customization, kind of wish they put that tool less hidden, so I could stop hearing people complain about it's non-existence.

It's obviously an oversight. Having a category for factory colors, but having one color is preposterous when manufacturers do have a set of factory colors for each vehicle, year by year. Having to erase a livery slot to get another color is just silly.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't know, it's already deleted. It was just so frustrating not being able to use the main draw of the game with no ETA for a fix and being locked out of content I could use for single-player for not being able to join a club. I enjoyed what I played but I wasn't getting my money's worth at all. I'll try the PS+ Edition when it comes out and if things are better then I'll consider getting the full game again.
Too bad, would have been interesting to know.

Kane1345

I hope its up soon, if they can get it up today I think people will forget about it soon enough but if its like this for the weekend.... thats not good.

There's going to be a lot of UK people joining tonight as well. I really hope EVO can get this working before the weekend starts :/

I don't remember a single racing game where I could customize my car without going to the "garage" I have to do it in Forza Horizon 2, I had to do it in Gran Turismo 5 and 6. And I have to do it in Driveclub. I don't understand why it's confusing to people.

Gestault

I don't remember a single racing game where I could customize my car without going to the "garage" I have to do it in Forza Horizon 2, I had to do it in Gran Turismo 5 and 6. And I have to do it in Driveclub. I don't understand why it's confusing to people.

There's a paint selection screen when you select a car, that doesn't let you choose more than one color. That's why it's confusing.

benny_a

I think the complaint would be gone if they added another layer of menu. When you hit dpad down on the Manufacturer's color it would give a palette and you select the manufacturer color you like from 30 preset colors or whatever.

It's not always obvious to developers which things blow up and become very important to people.

florin3k3

For those of you who were asking for tips on drifting, this might help someone.
Just played the first drift event where they give you the m235i and was averaging 3500 score.
I was using the cockpit cam. I tried the exterior far cam and in 2 races I got almost 7000 each. I found it easier to read the corner while trying to drift as opposed to the cockpit cam. Might be just me.
That and practice.
Hope this helps

Diamondium

Neo Member
Ehm there is customization when you go to your garage all the way to the right you can make your own stuff.
I'm aware. I mean I wish they put it on the forefront so that less intelligent people would stop being unable to find it and blaming the game for not having it.

All they have to do is move the paint selection thing to be the first menu after choosing your car. Then pop up the screen with the presets.

Mullah88

Ehm there is customization when you go to your garage all the way to the right you can make your own stuff.

He knows that, his saying it's hiding within many layers. I've also seen people in it her forums complain about only having a single color lol

which button do you guys have e-brake mapped to?

Circle, makes it easier to use

Drifts i go chase cam, the marrussia is an annoying car to drift!

Jimrpg

I can't believe how good this game looks seriously!

On some tracks I feel like i'm actually driving down a country road in real life and getting that feeling of just gunning it down the straight. The devs get that feeling just right. And then you've got the lighting, the reproduction of the colour palette. So good.

Not sure if Microsft is having a dig, but i just received an email inviting me to 'enjoy a weekend of non-stop multiplayer gaming'

gold_nostop.JPG

With half the user base of the PS4 their servers shouldn't have any problems. ;)

EDIT:

GIVE ME MY DAMN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER NOW!

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Fucking seriously? Servers are still not up? This is some bullllllshit. I love the game but man this is starting to get embarrassing. I'm basically all done with SP and I was hoping the sp stuff I did would carry over to the club I end up joining so I would unlock new cars with the club lvl. So fucking frustrating. With the UK about to go live im not sure we'll even have mp by the weekend. I'm losing hope :(

Codiox

Ehm why does my driveclub not look like in the trailers? Where are the graphical wows?

Am I the only one who think the graphics look really mediocre at best? The trees are ugly as hell, shadows are poping up everywhere at the course. And the roof of the car is much more aliased than I ever saw in a video.

??

I hope it's at least a fun game. Will try it.

Ehm why does my driveclub not look like in the trailers? Where are the graphical wows?

Am I the only one who think the graphics look really mediocre at best? The trees are ugly as hell, shadows are poping up everywhere at the course. And the roof of the car is much more aliased than I ever saw in a video.

??

Well no it doesn't look mediocre when driving. But aliassing is the killer of everything nice. Unimmersive hooligans.
The game is ridiculously addictive.

Pena

Neo Member
So, how does it play with a steering wheel? I've read the reviews and it seems that NOBODY plays with a wheel. Car game with gamepad? Give me a break. Help me out here.

??

They're certainly better than mediocre but you are right about the aliasing and shadows. The preview videos had significantly better looking graphics all-around.

A lot of reviews aren't mentioning this but it's on almost every page in this thread.

Hackbert

oh man, getting grumpy. i so fooking bad want to play, but my game was delivered and no one of my flatmates awake or there or too lazy to open the door... now i have to wait until tomorrow evening.... but love reading all the impressions

Hoje0308

Banned

??

Easily the best looking racer I've ever seen. I've found Norway and Canada to be particularly striking. Do some time trials and play with the time of day to see for yourself. Too often the devs chose to use lighting conditions that aren't exactly flattering in the tour portion.

Call Sony about getting a refund. I did it earlier today, they tried to give me the line that they're aware of it and engineers are working on it. But I just kept insisting that I wasn't interested in their "fix it in post" mentality. When I buy a product, I expect it to work as advertised - Day Fucking One! 3 phone calls and a supervisor later, I'm getting a refund.

Did you call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY) for a refund? Did it really take 3 calls and getting transferred to a supervisor?

I'm sort of wanting to get a refund now, not on the money spent but just on the principle of releasing a game where online play hasn't worked now for 4 days. Thats a bit ridiculous. I had 50% off PSN credit though so spending an hour on the phone isn't something I want to do for essentially $25, especially arguing with someone and getting the run around.

benny_a

Did you call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY) for a refund? Did it really take 3 calls and getting transferred to a supervisor?

I'm sort of wanting to get a refund now, not on the money spent but just on the principle of releasing a game where online play hasn't worked now for 4 days. Thats a bit ridiculous. I had 50% off PSN credit though so spending an hour on the phone isn't something I want to do for essentially $25, especially arguing with someone and getting the run around.
Zombie James just had a refund. He said it was easier than he thought and based on the post times it didn't seem to take long either.

Anton668

from facebook

Driveclub
about a minute ago
During the next 24hrs we are running essential diagnostics to help us improve the performance of the servers. This may disrupt online play for you when you do get connected.

We are sorry we don't have more news to share right now but we will keep working hard to get you all up and running online as quickly as we can.

In an effort to look on the bright side of the PSN server issues... just think, we will all be pretty damn good at the game (thanks to our extensive time spent playing the Tour) by the time we get to go head to head online, so the races should be more challenging/thrilling/professional and less bumper-car'esq.

Any impressions on the Tour Mode. I don't have PS+ so it's pretty much all I'm going to play. Pick race, earn fame, unlock cars is the gist of it?

Jimrpg

So, how does it play with a steering wheel? I've read the reviews and it seems that NOBODY plays with a wheel. Car game with gamepad? Give me a break. Help me out here.

Only Thrustmaster wheels work with the game. Logitech and Fanatec don't. Therefore there are only a wheels available, the T80, T100, T300 and T500. The good ones, the T300 and T500 are around $500-600 so its not exactly impulse buying territory.

For what its worth, the game is a lot of fun with the dualshock controller due to the arcade feel.

Lol at that Facebook post as if anyone can actually play online anyway. Anyway, will the times we set offline in tour upload to the leaderboads in the event they someday are online?

Any impressions on the Tour Mode. I don't have PS+ so it's pretty much all I'm going to play. Pick race, earn fame, unlock cars is the gist of it?
There are race, drift, time trial, and championship events. Within those categories, given races have challenges like, beat a sector time, beat a lap time, maintain a driving line, do a clean lap, etc, that help you earn even more fame.

On the single player side you can also set up your own events on any track, at any time of day, with various lighting conditions (sun,cloudy,overcast,stormy). Similarly to the Tour, these can be race, drift, and time trial events. You also earn fame for custom events you set up, though in my experience, you do not earn as much fame as you do in the Tour.

Pretty much. Start with slowish cars with fairly easy challenges. Pick drift, race, time trial. Level up. Unlock a new car. Advance to harder races and different places. Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom