• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doel

For people managing to get online, do any of you have the pre-ordered $50 PS+ digital version?

It feels like my game has never even tried connecting, so it's tough to buy that there are "open" spots that are filled by the next person in line. I've played at all hours, of the day, and mine just never connects or has never even seemed like it's trying to.

Im looking at the challenges menu now. Still can't do anything with them but it looks like that is going to be a ton of fun when it gets going.

Kodros

To be honest, I have no clue what the soundtrack is like even though I'm level 30. That is because

1) Playing the game is fucking amazing
2) The soundtrack seems to be unobstrusive (which can only be a good thing)

The only time you really hear sound, by default, is outside of the race. What I've heard so far is pretty awesome. Same kind of electronica that you would expect from Evo.

For people managing to get online, do any of you have the pre-ordered $50 PS+ digital version?

It feels like my game has never even tried connecting, so it's tough to buy that there are "open" spots that are filled by the next person in line. I've played at all hours, of the day, and mine just never connects or has never even seemed like it's trying to.

I have the PS+ digital upgrade and mine does the exact same as you. Seems as if it hasn't even once attempted to connect and has instead just constantly been disconnected. Note even for one instant have I been connected.

On launch day mine was on and off, mostly off. I did manage to see leaderboards from time to time. After that I haven't been able to connect until today, but it's not like a full connection stuff just seems to load data forever without displaying anything as far as leaderboard/online is concerned. Did you get the pre-order cars? I'm not seeing them.

fernoca

Mine connected once during tht 3AM EST launch.
It was nice!
A whole other section appears below the main section/Home, showing what people online has been doing.

The social menu (triangle) shows clubs, recommendations, etc.

Really cool all those 3 minutes it lasted.

poros1ty

I have the PS+ digital upgrade and mine does the exact same as you. Seems as if it hasn't even once attempted to connect and has instead just constantly been disconnected. Note even for one instant have I been connected.

I'm also curious to know if anyone else with the PS+ digital upgrade has yet to ever connect online. I too have played for 5+ hours and I have yet to ever connect online.

Oneself

BTW, I pre-ordered with Future Shop at first but decided to go for the PS+ version, got a refund for the boxed copy, got the RUF pre-order code from FS via email... And tadam, pre-order bonus on my digital copy ;)

Codiox

The lightning looks incredible, but the trees look like shit and everything around the course I don't know.

I played it at gamescom 2013 and it looked better AFAIK.

pottuvoi

Banned
Um, you forgot romance. That's key in any racing game.
Whatever the hell that means
qI4xt.gif

Doel

Alright, looks like we're all mostly in the same boat. Just seems like when they pulled the PS+ free version, that also included the online infrastructure for the PS+ upgrade version.

On launch day mine was on and off, mostly off. I did manage to see leaderboards from time to time. After that I haven't been able to connect until today, but it's not like a full connection stuff just seems to load data forever without displaying anything as far as leaderboard/online is concerned. Did you get the pre-order cars? I'm not seeing them.

What cars were we supposed to get? Don't think I got them either.

First sign of progress for me as now it seemed to try to connect but is hanging on the communication (blue box with dots in the challenges box). Maybe soon I can create a club.

I have the PS+ upgrade and was able to connect twice for a couple minutes on launch night.

I made a club called Hot Fuzz and then deleted it hoping I could find one or make one with a better name. I regret that decision.

I've managed to get connected and stay connected a couple times this morning. Unfortunately I can't do anything, all the online stuff is stuck trying to load. Baby steps!

I hope this is a joke?!!!

If they have done this, I'll never buy another of their games ever again. In fact, other than Uncharted (although it pains me to say it), I'll buy all Sony games 2nd hand from here on in. Mother fuckas!!!
I doubt they meant it as a joke, but they're wrong.

Aliasing is very much visible in the footage they showed us where they said it was captured from PS4. Indeed it was probably the number one graphical complaint about the game in threads prior to launch, so I find it funny a load of new people have come into this thread and cried about it not being in footage.

They openly said the flashy 50,000 camera-angle cars whizzing by trailers were touched up, as you might expect for promo footage.

Some people have also cried about AF, and gone 'wha-wha it wasn't in any of the screenshots', when it actually was in them, but naturally they try and take screenshots from angles that don't show it, or make your eyes focus on the good part of the images.

And that last bit is probably why people are crying. Because they didn't actually look at the whole image/video, they just looked at what was in focus and assumed every object in the game is going to look like that either that or people got too used to all the footage we received and became acclimatised and were no longer wow'd by it.

wotta

Working on my review. From what I've played so far I'd say this game is fantastic. Pity about the online issues. I'm assured by Rushy they are working hard to resolve them though.

i have the ps+ version and while it says I am connected to the servers, none of the events are loading or working for me.

kaiyo

I got connected once during a single player race yesterday. After the race I try to create a club and it wasn't connecting. Check other online stuff and nothing was loading.

wotta

Sorry, I also meant to post this update from Facebook.

During the next 24hrs we are running essential diagnostics to help us improve the performance of the servers. This may disrupt online play for you when you do get connected.

We are sorry we don't have more news to share right now but we will keep working hard to get you all up and running online as quickly as we can.

Some of the leaderboards are showing up. Did a drift challenge, thought it went well, got 5000 points. The target high score was. 4.5 million.... wtf?

Some of the leaderboards are showing up. Did a drift challenge, thought it went well, got 5000 points. The target high score was. 4.5 million.... wtf?

Thats not a real number, the servers are jacked and therefore you won't see real scores until they can get the servers up and running full time.

It freezes for a couple seconds after every race, but I've never had a full-blown crash. When has it crashed for you?

once when i used the share button it crashed on me when i was editing a video, second time just happened now, I was in the menu and pressed the ps button, music continued playing from the game, and I went to shut off my PS4 and just crashed.

I'm convinced Rack Em Up Knock Em Down trophy is glitched, I ran the same Norwegian circuit 5 times in a row, each time with a faster speed and it still hasn't unlocked yet.

Also if all of the tracks will be free, then what comes with the season pass? Just cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom