• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guymelef

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=708027809281582&id=423631211054578&refid=17
During the next 24hrs we are running essential diagnostics to help us improve the performance of the servers. This may disrupt online play for you when you do get connected.

We are sorry we don't have more news to share right now but we will keep working hard to get you all up and running online as quickly as we can.
Every fucking server status update says the same, that's embarrassing.

Sending positive energy to the Driveclub servers now.

Those are simple piece of electronics, send it to the team working with them cause i'm sure they will need them.

Wish i could i help, Rushy has been great with the community and seeing all those angry unrespecful comments towards the team makes me angry.

There are race, drift, time trial, and championship events. Within those categories, given races have challenges like, beat a sector time, beat a lap time, maintain a driving line, do a clean lap, etc, that help you earn even more fame.

On the single player side you can also set up your own events on any track, at any time of day, with various lighting conditions (sun,cloudy,overcast,stormy). Similarly to the Tour, these can be race, drift, and time trial events. You also earn fame for custom events you set up, though in my experience, you do not earn as much fame as you do in the Tour.

Pretty much. Start with slowish cars with fairly easy challenges. Pick drift, race, time trial. Level up. Unlock a new car. Advance to harder races and different places. Repeat.

Thanks for your impressions.

That...is an interesting Tweet. What exactly happened with the PS+ Edition?
I believe I read it is on the sidelines until they get network functionality up and running for those of us who have already purchased the game... which makes sense. No need to add network traffic and compound the serve issue until things are sorted.

Day 3...no online-time to be put on hold with sony for an hour

sorry Evolution-

Easily the best looking racer I've ever seen. .

you havent seen Project Cars?
ibxgpQBxxPab7C.gif

ibwfnTU2dXDuB8.gif

untitled-11os5n.gif

good luck to those who stick with the game-

BadAss2961

So how do you buy Driveclub on PSN? As of last night, all I got in the store was a "tell me more" option instead of where purchase would be.

Hoje0308

Banned
Day 3...no online-time to be put on hold with sony for an hour

sorry Evolution-

you havent seen Project Cars?
ibxgpQBxxPab7C.gif

ibwfnTU2dXDuB8.gif

untitled-11os5n.gif

good luck to those who stick with the game-

I have and should have been console specific. Project Cars on console doesn't look anywhere near that good. Still looking forward to a proper sim though.

Jimrpg

Any impressions on the Tour Mode. I don't have PS+ so it's pretty much all I'm going to play. Pick race, earn fame, unlock cars is the gist of it?

I've played about three hours worth of the tour and up to driver level 10. It's basically like Forza, Gran Turismo, Project Gotham Racing tour structure. You'll have a variety of events in different localities and different cars for each race. The tour is split by the difficulties in the game. So you get the rookie races followed by amateur, semi pro, pro and then legend. There are about 10 events in rookie and each one has between one to three races. The races can be your standard race, time trial and or drift (though I haven't played any drift events yet). The events with more than one race are called 'championships'. For each event there are mini objectives to achieve in each one that give you stars. There are times you need a certain number of stars to progress so you can't ignore the stars completely. In total there are about 220 stars to obtain throughout the entire tour. The objectives can be get in the top 3, or get an average speed higher than stated, get a lap time lower than stated and so on.

Beating each stage and getting first is pretty easy on Rookie, getting all the objectives for each event is a little more difficult.

All in all even though its more or less by the numbers type of tour mode, its a pretty meaty single player and easily 10-15 hours if you just want to get first in each race, double that if you want to get all the stars and trophies.

The events also have preset time of day and weather conditions so every event feels pretty fresh, some are during the day, some at night and some transition between the two periods.

Aiii

So not worth it
Only now do I notice that the drivers right hand raises gradually as you approach the gear change when in Cockpit view... Well, don't I feel stupid. :')

Run-M-Run

Hows the soundtrack ingame? I saw it was mainly produced by Hybrid, an amazing act, but a lot of remixes of their original tracks rather than full fledged ost.

Oh nevermind the servers aren't even up yet.

Those are simple piece of electronics, send it to the team working with them cause i'm sure they will need them.

Wish i could i help, Rushy has been great with the community and seeing all those angry unrespecful comments towards the team makes me angry.
Ya some people are upset and take it way overboard. Rushy is a great guy from what I've seen and none of the team deserves any of the disrespectful things people are saying to them. I am disappointed. I love the game and was looking forward to playing the MP on my days off (wed-thurs) so this sucks but its no reason to verbally attack Evolution, people are acting like they did it on purpose or something.

That said, having a game with such an emphasis on its social aspects, to have this happen is quite a blunder.

I am keeping my copy of DC because its the most fun I've had with a racer in a very long time and I'm still having a blast just redoing tour challenges but I fear if this doesn't get sorted soon it will hurt the community and I was really looking forward to a healthy one with this game.

Hows the soundtrack ingame? I saw it was mainly produced by Hybrid, an amazing act, but a lot of remixes of their original tracks rather than full fledged ost.

Oh nevermind the servers aren't even up yet.

To be honest, I have no clue what the soundtrack is like even though I'm level 30. That is because

1) Playing the game is fucking amazing
2) The soundtrack seems to be unobstrusive (which can only be a good thing)

Jimrpg

Shocking behvaiour.

Just wait. There's a single player portion of the game that can be played.

Ya some people are upset and take it way overboard. Rushy is a great guy from what I've seen and none of the team deserves any of the disrespectful things people are saying to them. I am disappointed. I love the game and was looking forward to playing the MP on my days off (wed-thurs) so this sucks but its no reason to verbally attack Evolution, people are acting like they did it on purpose or something.

That said, having a game with such an emphasis on its social aspects, to have this happen is quite a blunder.

I am keeping my copy of DC because its the most fun I've had with a racer in a very long time and I'm still having a blast just redoing tour challenges but I fear if this doesn't get sorted soon it will hurt the community and I was really looking forward to a healthy one with this game.

Yeah, that's out of question, people forget how to keep it rational and educated quite easily.

The guys are working, let them be, don't make their existence harder.

I'm weak.

Despite the issues and inability to try the PS Plus version, I'm on the verge of buying DC.

If you're up to some passionate old-school racing you really can't do anything wrong. Though it would also be a good idea to wait for the PS+ edition if you have fear of wasting money.

They're certainly better than mediocre but you are right about the aliasing and shadows. The preview videos had significantly better looking graphics all-around.

A lot of reviews aren't mentioning this but it's on almost every page in this thread.

I hope this is a joke?!!!

If they have done this, I'll never buy another of their games ever again. In fact, other than Uncharted (although it pains me to say it), I'll buy all Sony games 2nd hand from here on in. Mother fuckas!!!

Loudninja

I hope this is a joke?!!!

If they have done this, I'll never buy another of their games ever again. In fact, other than Uncharted (although it pains me to say it), I'll buy all Sony games 2nd hand from here on in. Mother fuckas!!!
Maybe you should read though the topic or look at the DF article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom