• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

looking to buy a wheel for this game, what is the biggest difference between the t500 and t80?

is it really worth the price difference?

MeriStation and Micromania TV just challenged AG SYS

WUT...

I gotta beat Team PROpulsion and GamesRadar Club...

What say you GAF?

Rack em up knock em down?

Hey how does this work? Someone randomly decides to challenge you? Or is it whoever is closest to you on the leaderboards? How much do you win? How do you win a race :p

Do you race 5v5 and then the scores for the standings/fame are calculated?

looking to buy a wheel for this game, what is the biggest difference between the t500 and t80?

They're not even in the same league.

T80 is of extremely cheap build and just has bungie cords inside to provide the feeling of resistance.

The T500 is a premium wheel, with far superior build quality, and a shifter and clutch (both of which are missing from the T80) as well as superior turning radius and true force feedback support.

Foshy

you're comparing the best there is to a plastic thingy without force feedback lol

The T500 is amazing if you can afford it. Wouldn't recommend the T80 because Force Feedback is really important for the wheel experience. Not sure about how the other compatible wheels stack up.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Hey how does this work? Someone randomly decides to challenge you? Or is it whoever is closest to you on the leaderboards? How much do you win? How do you win a race :p

Do you race 5v5 and then the scores for the standings/fame are calculated?

So far it's only been time attack.

I can post screen caps of the challenge menus if you like.

I think it's Evo staff setting them up and selecting certain clubs. Which is weird because mine is small time compared to those level 20+ clubs already out there.

bombshell

Found some direct feed of this, thought I'd share.

in8TJldfkaUwy.png

Must be c0de who went exploring... :D

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Well, try it out man! I thought the GyroTyping was stupid to begin with, I vastly prefer it now.

To be honest man... I've never been a fan of motion steering. GyroTyping is great but it stills drifts when I'm not even moving the controller and that's just typing. I don't wanna be fighting with calibration and tracking accuracy issues when I'm trying to perfect a turn.

I'm uploading to Mega, cause fuck youtube compression.

viveks86

Hey how does this work? Someone randomly decides to challenge you? Or is it whoever is closest to you on the leaderboards?

There are challenges that the game suggests. And then there are challenges you can create. Both are intended to go viral. As in you post a time and send out a challenge to your friends (I believe you can choose individuals or just send to all). Then they try to beat it, send it out to all their friends. Kind of like the ice bucket challenge. Before you know it, everyone is attempting something you thought you pulled off really well. Including people who aren't on your friends list.

There are challenges that the game suggests. And then there are challenges you can create. Both are intended to go viral. As in you post a time and send out a challenge to your friends (I believe you choose individuals or just send to all). Then they try to beat it, send it out to all their friends. Kind of like the ice bucket challenge. Before you know it, everyone is attempting something you thought you pulled off really well.

Lol. Cool.

But you can also race directly against a club, right?

And can you set/take on challenges as a club, together somehow?

So basically, your whole club taking a track on together to do something like a time attack challenge, but a cooperative one?

viveks86

Lol. Cool.

But you can also race directly against a club, right?

And can you set/take on challenges as a club, together somehow?

So basically, your whole club taking a track on together to do something like a time attack challenge, but a cooperative one?

Yes. All of those are possible. I'm not entirely sure how the last one works and to what extent it is fleshed out at launch, but that is the vision.

Hoje0308

Banned
To be honest man... I've never been a fan of motion steering. GyroTyping is great but it stills drifts when I'm not even moving the controller and that's just typing. I don't wanna be fighting with calibration and tracking accuracy issues when I'm trying to perfect a turn.

I'm uploading to Mega, cause fuck youtube compression.

My man :)

my contest title brainstorming for upcoming thread

DriveClub Photo Contest: Hallway Photography
DriveClub Photo Contest: PhotoPlus Edition
DriveClub Photo Contest: Fast Cars, Faster Cameras
DriveClub Photo Contest: Pacific Edge Apocalypse

Also anyone want to me not to use MS Paint
not really but i'm not so good with the shopping of photo's
can shoot me a proper banner

BiGBoSSMk23

There are challenges that the game suggests. And then there are challenges you can create. Both are intended to go viral. As in you post a time and send out a challenge to your friends (I believe you choose individuals or just send to all). Then they try to beat it, send it out to all their friends. Kind of like the ice bucket challenge. Before you know it, everyone is attempting something you thought you pulled off really well.

Yeah, I haven't seen straight up multiplayer race challenges yet.

But this mitherfucker here just bested my time again.

The worst part about him is his name "bufon_burlon" which translates to something like "mocking clown" in Spanish

What a cock

When it comes to wheels, pictures will often times tell you everything you need to know about their quality. This is the pedal set for the T80

41dmrug-pmlmoz8s.jpg

And this is the pedal set for the T500RS

thrstmstr_b004j6krd6-ssxc0.jpg

BiGBoSSMk23

Just unlocked the Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Only thing that concerns me about the T500RS is how am I going to talk to people while I'm playing? I don't have a wireless headset. Will it be possible to have a controller on at the same time, assigned to me, that I can chat through?

mrJared

Banned
I listened to that and just shook my head when they were saying all that crap. They themselves admit that they have no clue about racers and go on and criticize it for the delay.
I really hope it does well so that people like that can eat their words.

it won't matter how well it does, those people will still have those same opinions. I just got done listening to jeff gerstmann and Dan "ignorant to life outside of wrestling" talk about how Gran Turismo is no longer relevant, despite GT5 ALONE selling more than all Forza iterations combined on 360.

they had those same views last gen too and clearly nothing has changed.

Gestault

Only thing that concerns me about the T500RS is how am I going to talk to people while I'm playing? I don't have a wireless headset. Will it be possible to have a controller on at the same time, assigned to me, that I can chat through?

I believe the setup for that is similar to how it asks which profile is using a controller when you turn them on in-session. Which means it's an option.

viveks86

Yes. That's how they plan to support the share button as well.

Gestault

it won't matter how well it does, those people will still have those same opinions. I just got done listening to jeff gerstmann and Dan "ignorant to life outside of wrestling" talk about how Gran Turismo is no longer relevant, despite GT5 ALONE selling more than all Forza iterations combined on 360.

Popularity is different from quality, and even looking at sales, GT5 had a strong influence on the sales performance of GT6. Even long-time fans recognize the shortcomings of that series over basically the last decade. You're saying "they had those same views last gen too and clearly nothing has changed," which is odd when a new Gran Turismo hasn't been released current-gen.

bombshell

There isn't any pre-order bonus from the US PSN store. I'm OK with that as long as it's just the liveries, I want to make sure I will definitely be able to use the RUF/ AMG / McClaren cars (without pre-order liveries) if I get it from the US PSN.

Yes, the pre-order cars (without the exclusive liveries) can be unlocked in the game through normal progression, so the pre-order bonus is just that you get instant access to them.

viveks86

This is all I want!!

Just driving with my team, just cruising for fun, or trying to work together on our turns and drifts to set a time together :)

Pretty much what the game is shooting for. But I won't be surprised if many reviews completely ignore that:

"What is different? Ok, there is the whole club aspect. But apart from that, what is different?"

Hoje0308

Banned

Gran Turismo is my favorite series of all time, yet I would still say it's in danger of being irrelevant, at least for those that demand a certain level of quality. There are problems that Polyphony has refused to fix over the years (like horrible AI and sound) and I refuse to buy another game until they are addressed. I don't care about how many copies they sell or if there are 1300 cars in the game if the game has the same problems it had on PS1.

BiGBoSSMk23

Pretty much what the game is shooting for. But I won't be surprised if many reviews completely ignore that:

"What is different? Ok, there is the whole club aspect. But apart from that, what is different?"

Those comments I read from Podcast Beyond are such a piss off, because this game is so accessible and fun and tight and just overall well-made, and these asshats are playing the contrarian corner game just to have something to shit on.

BTW watch my video :3

EDIT

YouTube Link just in case you don't feel like downloading from Mega.

Gestault

Those comments I read from Podcast Beyond are such a piss off, because this game is so accessible and fun and tight and just overall well-made, and these asshats are playing the contrarian corner game just to have something to shit on.

EDIT

That last video really sells the sense of competitive tension the game gets across, even outside of a direct head-to-head race.

BiGBoSSMk23

Nice driving mate. This is also the track from last year's Gamescom demo. The improvement is stunning.

Thanks man. It looks really washed out there for some reason.

Plus the music and the constant chirping sounds indicating how you're smoking the other guys at every turn.

I'm telling you it's crack in videogame form.

I'm expecting this game to have a heck of a community here on GAF.

Atedos

No, when you've done the upgrade there's no ties to your PS+ subscription. But you need PS+ to do the cheaper upgrade :)

No, that was the initial plan but then everyone moaned because it was stupid considering the price of the upgrade, so they just let you keep it whether you renew your PS+ subscription or not.
I know they told so, but this particular line confuses me.
In my local PS Store it also says, that to use this item, i need an active PS+ subscription.
I wonder, how they will allow me to re-download it without PS+, because it's written pretty straight, that I need one.
What if they didn't implement the fix they were talking about?

M.W.

This is a stupid question as I should know it, but is there a rewind option in case I make a mistake or is it just a straight reset?

viveks86

EDIT

Downloaded it. Will check it out in bait. Thanks! :)

This is a stupid question as I should know it, but is there a rewind option in case I make a mistake or is it just a straight reset?

Nope. You need to restart to undo any mistakes. Luckily it doesn't take longer than 2 seconds to load

BiGBoSSMk23

Nope.gif

That shit is wack anyway.

If you fuck up, it counts, and you do the lap again. lol

Neil_J_UK

Do you start it with the US then switch user? Sorry I'm new to this

All you need to do is download it using your US account. Then it will be on your PS4 dash to use on your EU account. The only time you will ever need to switch back to the US account is to buy DLC. It's really easy.

Yes, the pre-order cars (without the exclusive liveries) can be unlocked in the game through normal progression, so the pre-order bonus is just that you get instant access to them.

Perfect, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom