• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like the trees in this gif?

ijOd1y0ggrr2k.gif

Oh my goooooddd :O :O

It looks so gorgeous!

Oh my goodness, is there actual hope that the weather patch will include strong, strong winds? Can we possible see rain that gets swept by wind? I mean, all of this makes the gameplay so much more varied and offers a totally cool layer of challenge.

plainr_

The former. Pause real-time during races, move camera freely and lots of visual options.

I'm somewhat conflicted. I love pausing in real-time to take snapshots in TLoU and Infamous but for driving games like DC, I think I would prefer GT-style exporting. Better for generating high quality wallpapers.

Nice. There seem to be more options here than TLoU and Infamous.

Danneee

I think the last semi realistic racing game I really enjoyed and played a lot that didn't have a rewind was LeMans 24h on the Dreamcast.
But rewind or not I'm so looking forward to this.

le-seb

Where did Antigua cone from, what has I missed? That would be a tight location.
It's been hinted as a possible location at E3 last year:
"Model time of day so accurately you could drive at (for instance) 4.22 AM in Antigua and conditions will be exact perfect."

Nafai1123

Banned
Wait, so there IS wind??

It's something that I did not think was in the game. Can you "feel" wind resistance? Is it measured in the game? I mean, wind just seems like a huge deal to me.

Can you hear how windy it gets?

It gets my hopes up for windy weather in the patch, because wind would really make the game feel that much more realistic... but then I imagine that it's incredibly difficult to add strong wind, because that means they'd have to simulate wind on the foliage, which sounds like too much work for this iteration of the game

There's details in the OP. Supposedly they have a full wind simulation which effects the movement of the clouds as well as the foliage based on height of the foliage/strength of the wind. They said it effects the water as well.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Guys, read the OP, lol.

The wind affects even the water. Trees and clouds too.

I'm not sure about wind resistance and all that. All I know is some people online are getting real good, real fast. -_-

Any word on the livery editor/options?

Far as I know we can't make our own liveries, only select from pre-made ones. I found that a bit disappointing as it would have been great to have a red and white NeoGAF logo with a maple leaf poking out from behind . . . The Secret Canadians!

Heard it in the last thread, but not sure how accurate it is.

It makes the most sense in terms of nailing the entire spectrum of variety locations, though. I mean, a tropical setting like that would be incredibly refreshing when it hits, and just imagine the rolling thunderclouds, dammit!

Korezo

Those comments I read from Podcast Beyond are such a piss off, because this game is so accessible and fun and tight and just overall well-made, and these asshats are playing the contrarian corner game just to have something to shit on.

BTW watch my video :3

EDIT

YouTube Link just in case you don't feel like downloading from Mega.

This is disappointing, the game should disqualify the lap time if the cars 4 tires go off the track. This ruins the competitiveness and makes trials pointless. Very sad, as I was looking foeard to time trial events like in GT games.

It's been hinted as a possible location at E3 last year:
"Model time of day so accurately you could drive at (for instance) 4.22 AM in Antigua and conditions will be exact perfect."
I don't think it has been mentioned since then, I would advise you putting stock into it :p

Far as I know we can't make our own liveries, only select from pre-made ones. I found that a bit disappointing as it would have been great to have a red and white NeoGAF logo with a maple leaf poking out from behind . . . The Secret Canadians!

Hey we're in the same Club :p

There's details in the OP. Supposedly they have a full wind simulation which effects the movement of the clouds as well as the foliage based on height of the foliage/strength of the wind. They said it effects the water as well.

Guys, read the OP, lol.

The wind affects even the water. Trees and clouds too.

I'm not sure about wind resistance and all that. All I know is some people online are getting real good, real fast. -_-

Sorry, I forget about all the little details. I wasn't certain about if there would be really strong winds with the audio to match it, and the resistance that would affect the gameplay. I am assuming the latter is not included as it is something ambitious that we may see for a sequel, but I'm good with what we have.

23qwerty

This is disappointing, the game should disqualify the lap time if the cars 4 tires go off the track. This ruins the competitiveness and makes trials pointless. Very sad, as I was looking foeard to time trial events like in GT games.

I can't tell if you're joking or not

This is a game that I feel screenshots will never do justice, it'll look so much better up on your big screen and when you're in motion/actually driving.

Keep in mind that Evo is balancing the skill it takes with accessibility.

More practically, you would want to avoid going off tracks and the best time trials are going to be the ones that stay on the road, I imagine

That's a real shame, especially with the 'club' concept - some really good potential there.

Ah well... maybe DLC?

Unless I misunderstood from Gamersyde's stream yesterday it sounded like you can make 4 custom liveries to use on cars.

Jigorath

Banned
It seems every AAA PS4 release has been raising the bar for console graphics. Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog accomplishes.

Heard it in the last thread, but not sure how accurate it is.

It makes the most sense in terms of nailing the entire spectrum of variety locations, though. I mean, a tropical setting like that would be incredibly refreshing when it hits, and just imagine the rolling thunderclouds, dammit!
Hell yeah, quick moving afternoon rain showers, followed by clearing sky, humidity, and sun god rays.

viveks86

It was from E3 last year. Just mentioned during a presentation and then never again.

But will we get Antigua? Or will we get something many of us have been asking for? Who knows! ;)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Yeah, the way it works is:

1 - Shield (background shape/image)

2 - Flourish (shape encompassing main symbol, goes over top the Shield)

3 - Symbol (your main image, goes over top both Flourish and Shield)

Both Flourish and Symbol can be adjusted in scale or turned off altogether if you're looking to marry your Club paintjob with a simplistic badge. Works well, but I haven't unlocked any worthwhile Shields.

le-seb

I don't think it has been mentioned since then, I would advise you putting stock into it :p
Well, we know a new location is coming, and like TimeEffect said, a tropical setting is the kind of perfect environment to show off the game's lighting and weather engines, as well as being a total looker if it includes tracks featuring both some sea side (turquoise waters) and tropical forest (flashy flowers!).

And also, West Indies for life. <3
It just must happen, now !

BiGBoSSMk23

AG SYS just won another challenge!

Longer video coming up showing off the game's dynamic atmospherics to great effect during a race.

I fucked up almost beating my own time just to add salt to the wound but oh well lolz... Scenery is just too pretty. *-*

Ploid 3.0

Oh my goooooddd :O :O

It looks so gorgeous!

Oh my goodness, is there actual hope that the weather patch will include strong, strong winds? Can we possible see rain that gets swept by wind? I mean, all of this makes the gameplay so much more varied and offers a totally cool layer of challenge.

Makes me think of a Motorstorm Apocalypse like severe tornado storm. I would like to see that, and I would like to race in that. Yep

BiGBoSSMk23

I'm completely ignoring the game's main Events due to ongoing Club challenges...

The funny part is that game ticket events track player times on the fly as well, and are littered with Face Offs to complete around the track. So you're never wasting time when it comes to earning Fame.

Ploid 3.0

No rewinding.

Ever.

Yeah I wouldn't want that in as well. Maybe on a practice mode but not for actual races. I would say that I wouldn't use it but then just end up doing it for some screw up anyway (Dirt, though I mainly did them because I just wanted to get the race out of the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom