• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The background is beautiful.

I'm just talking about this.

ibbikApLMQbXFN.png

(200% zoom)

Those are just some speed holes put on the sides for better times!

46308.jpg

Holy shit... wtf?

This game keeps track of EVERY EVENT YOU'VE DONE, and you can go back thousands of videos to send out as a challenge!?

Crazy ass servers, wow

The game is not M rated. Don't think that's going to happen...

Don't think the rating really matters in this regard, look at the creation tools on Little Big Planet for example: i've never played a Little Big Planet level made out of breasts.

That said, i've never looked for one.

h3ro

For those not watching the livestream, Rushy mentioned the game's flag system as they relate to the severity of the corner. In each corner, you'll see those large fan shaped flags which will denote the cornering speed. Green looks like a flat-out corner, yellow seems like they'll need trail braking or throttle control/coasting and red are the slowest corner.

Fantastic, ingenious inclusion for those of us who prefer to leave driving lines off but still want to learn the circuit properly and need a little reminder every now and then.

Also, PS Blog just challenged Giant Bomb :lol

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
DID YOU SEE MY CLUB !?! :D

I was scrolled past >_>

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I got banned off again, can we get an #AG SYS campaign going to get invited?

Cmon GAF get me on the stream xD

DOWN

Banned
You guys are having the same conversation that surrounded the Realism/Naturalism movement in classical art. That's awesome, but you probably won't progress beyond better describing why you prefer accuracy or the importance of human agency in artistic representations.

Is it necessary to explain why what I wrote wasn't an insult?

If I pre-order on PSN, do I get the same bonuses that gamestop has or does gamestop have more?

DRIVECLUB_bonusLG.jpg

I've been trying to find an answer for the past couple of days, but I can't seem to find one. I hope someone has taken the plunge and will let us know.

Just to say again, the skins and instant access are pre-order bonuses, but the cars are in the full game to unlock anyway.

Podcast Beyond really ripped into this game on the latest show (around the 5:45 mark). Among their critiques (not sure exactly who said what, I'm not good with attaching voices to names):

- it was delayed a year, it should have come out at system launch
- now it's coming out this fall, it should be pushed back because it's going to sell badly
- they didn't realize it wasn't a sim before listeners pointed it out to them, so they're mad that they didn't know that
- apparently they think a racing game should either be a sim or San Francisco Rush style arcade, there's no happy medium
- 'Drive Club is in real trouble' or something to that effect

They are in a bubble with The Crew. IGN offices were in the beta so they heard way more about it because they've been making videos of it. They sound delusional when they say they think it would have worked being shipped as a 6/10 instead of quality.

Ploid 3.0

For those not watching the livestream, Rushy mentioned the game's flag system as they relate to the severity of the corner. In each corner, you'll see those large fan shaped flags which will denote the cornering speed. Green looks like a flat-out corner, yellow seems like they'll need trail braking or throttle control/coasting and red are the slowest corner.

Fantastic, ingenious inclusion for those of us who prefer to leave driving lines off but still want to learn the circuit properly and need a little reminder every now and then.

I remember people questioning the details in the game. Stuff like thousands of flamingos, so many different individual trees, and star system type stuff, today I think all this stuff is more than worth it. My goodness.

BiGBoSSMk23

What's causing you to get banned?

Repeated messages I guess.

Is there a more organized way to get messages out to these guys?

Is that a private challenge they're on?

I can't find the user name PS Blog US on the Community Challenges menu...

Ploid 3.0

Night racing in this game looks so good. It looks correct, pitch black background, sky glow, bright light reflecting from objects especially signs and fences.

nib95

Banned
Stream is great so far. Love the changes in lighting and conditions, and the handling just looks smooth but fast, and super satisfying.

BiGBoSSMk23

Thanks!

We've gone back and forth with that one for a while until we got it just right.

I'm glad you like it.

You guys really nailed it.

I've been gushing about how persistent and integrated everything is. Everything you do is tracked on the fly and you're always facing off with someone for fame.

Great job, really.

Now invite me for the challenge! D:

Wynnebeck

Banned

Wait, all of the different colored flags we've seen so far is actually telling you brake patterns?

ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

i-Lo

Lest I forget, let me add that the music selection for this game has been nothing short of amazing. The menu music tracks are addictive to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom