• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

neos

I wanted to buy my ps4 when driveclub should have hit the retail, but a couple months after it got delayed i bought the console anyway.
Realizing that only 4 days are left before the release is driving me nuts.
Haven't been this hyped in a long long time.
I've seen streams and some hq video, but i know that playing this baby in its full glory on my tv will blow me away.

Greatness awaits SonyGaf!

angry-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shaking-michelangelo.gif

For those not watching the livestream, Rushy mentioned the game's flag system as they relate to the severity of the corner. In each corner, you'll see those large fan shaped flags which will denote the cornering speed. Green looks like a flat-out corner, yellow seems like they'll need trail braking or throttle control/coasting and red are the slowest corner.

Fantastic, ingenious inclusion for those of us who prefer to leave driving lines off but still want to learn the circuit properly and need a little reminder every now and then.

Also, PS Blog just challenged Giant Bomb :lol

That's fantastic, very straight forward. I knew I could trust Evo. :)

"So this game is turn based corridor racer?? Like FFXIII??"-Me

LOL

The twitch chat is hilarious. I just am trolling the actual trolls in there. So much nonsense. Anyway I'm done watching the stream. I just need to see it in person.

viveks86

That is my jam..said it earlier they take note from Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 with the wall. I am really obsessive with this because i will try to beat your time or score not matter what.

Yeah! HP 2010 + online ghost chasing like trials + unlimited laps = No sleep + No shower + No job

So I'm looking at the Tour menu they're showing, and there are three sizes of 'tour tiles.' And the sizes seem tied to the number of 'stars' or challenges completed you have to do to complete it. I love that design choice; I've seen stuff like this before in menus.

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and I can't get over how they've nailed the look of the mountain areas close to my home. It's kind of uncanny.

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and I can't get over how they've nailed the look of the mountain areas close to my home. It's kind of uncanny.

Hah! Edmonton here and that's what I've been saying. They just absolutely nailed the atmosphere of that part of the Rockies, I could take one look at that course in DC and tell you where it is without knowing.

Wonder how this sells in Japan. Gran Turismo does well there and Rushy says DC releasing there on 9th Sept.

I dunno, I think sales numbers will be almost impossible to judge. With that PS+ discount I imagine a ton of people (myself included) will be going digital, not to mention the fact it's a PS+ title will means a lot of people might just be content with that version.

ClearData

I feed off you guys's hype until giddy with it myself. I love Neogaf. This will be the first racer I'll really play diligently.

bombshell

I dunno, I think sales numbers will be almost impossible to judge. With that PS+ discount I imagine a ton of people (myself included) will be going digital, not to mention the fact it's a PS+ title will means a lot of people might just be content with that version.

Doesn't matter. If it sells loads of digital copies, Sony will let us know.

h3ro

Stupid question, but I have to ask because the stream's HUD covered up the buttom prompts at the Livery Selection screen.

Can we pick different factory colors? I need me some Giallo Modena.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I just flipped my shit in one of the Scotland tracks. The Audi showdown event is insane.

Portman

Do we know what this will play like if you're not in a club? I didn't make it in the Gaf one and don't have any friends buying it so I'm going to be on my own unless I run into people online that want to team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom