• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guymelef

Be careful taken this as OST, videos author makes lots of assumptions.
He put "Armin van Buuren feat. Adam Young - Youtopia" as part of the OST just because that spanish guy video from some days ago had this theme on his video with the broll footage.
And maybe it's the same for " Tornike - B2Fish (Reynold Remix)" and "Scott James - Transit".
As far we know, all OST is from Hybrid.

Gestault

Alex Perkins (Art Director) and Scott Kirkland (Studio Technical Director) definitely get gold stars for their work on this game.

ibnNDxX54SNMwK.gif

Ploid 3.0

Do we know what this will play like if you're not in a club? I didn't make it in the Gaf one and don't have any friends buying it so I'm going to be on my own unless I run into people online that want to team up.

The question was asked on the stream. The game is designed for players that are not in clubs, as well as if they are. Being in a club just gives you pretty much a instant fame pool to just hit the ground running (if you join a already advanced club).

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Semi-pro. I watched for that specifically.

That's what the game automatically puts you on.

Before you get into the menu the game throws you in a race, I guess to measure your skill level.

New quick video coming from one of the Scotland tracks where the AI wipes out pretty bad near the beginning.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Vire

I can tell you this much:

I haven't heard a single one of those tracks in the game.

The music is much better than this.

I think all tracks are by Hybrid. They all have that distinct moody sound.

Thank god, because Owl City isn't exactly my idea of good music...

BiGBoSSMk23

Kinda disappointed I couldn't latch onto one of their events on the stream. I really wanted to play live with Rushy.

I even sent them a challenge. :(

Onemic

Im calling it now. This game will not score any higher than a 74 on metacritic.

....And the only supported wheels are from shitty Thrustmaster? smh

dugdug

Banned
Welp. That stream confirmed it for me. If Forza's not patched by Monday, it's getting traded in for DC.

Game looks insane.

Im calling it now. This game will not score any higher than a 74 on metacritic.

....And the only supported wheels are from shitty Thrustmaster? smh

That's about where I'm expecting it to land based on impressions media have given from their preview events.

70-75 seems reasonable and not a bad start at all for a new racing franchise, though I'm sure some people will think those scores are "terrible". The game looks fantastic to me and I'm sure Evolution will deliver.

Edit: And yeah the wheel situation is total trash. Bought a T100 though so I'm hoping it's decent enough

Ploid 3.0

Welp. That stream confirmed it for me. If Forza's not patched by Monday, it's getting traded in for DC.

Game looks insane.

Why trade in games, or do they give you near full price. Though I remember Electronic Boutique (way back in the day) gave you like a week before you couldn't get a refund.

BiGBoSSMk23

I'd like to read more impressions from the ppl playing :/

Also, I can't wait for a new Motorstorm too.

Well, I can tell you this game is very realistic for not being designed as a simulator. It simulates many other things aside from driving physics so well that it creates a more natural and engaging driving experience than other more realistic racers.

For example this video I'm about to post now, my first try was 3:16, which placed me 110th global ranking. One quick retry with luckily different time of day and atmospherics settings and I updated my time to 3:10, now I'm ranked #3 globally.

New video:
https://mega.co.nz/#!QVd0nRDA!JW9whgS-rk1gC8S8an-OjdxFji7-rzzEwUntEuYbgdg

That was an excellent stream.
I actually learned some things (corner flags for example)
and watching the dude tear ass across the Norway track in the Hennessy... shame I was watching on my phone... that kind of while knuckle driving, on the plasma, with the 7.1 blasting!!!

Fortunately I've got a busy weekend ahead of me which should fast-forward me toward Tuesday.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hah! Edmonton here and that's what I've been saying. They just absolutely nailed the atmosphere of that part of the Rockies, I could take one look at that course in DC and tell you where it is without knowing.
I make that drive at least once every summer - the look is spot on. Really impressive.

I domt get the 70-75 scoring predictions but I may not know better. I really think the media will give it 80-85

Will be just like Destiny.

The actual racing is phenomenal! Near flawless execution. Beautiful, great music, great tracks. Just not enough of them( even though it is a high number compared to most racers ). 7.8/10

Portman

The question was asked on the stream. The game is designed for players that are not in clubs, as well as if they are. Being in a club just gives you pretty much a instant fame pool to just hit the ground running (if you join a already advanced club).

Thanks for the quick response! Hmmm, sounds like I'm going to be keeping that physical copy when it arrives like I had planned. Guess my other games can wait since I've been waiting on this one for over a year :)

Kssio_Aug

When they said "no customization under the hood" it means no mechanical customization, right? But what about the cosmetic ones, they're in?

I domt get the 70-75 scoring predictions but I may not know better. I really think the media will give it 80-85

I think 70 is on the low end but I really do feel it will land around 75. I see some 8s for sure, but also a lot of 7s and maybe some 6s.It just seems that there's some prevailing dislike, ignorance or even apathy from the mainstream media in general towards the game, and I think the delay will only serve to have them be even more critical of it, things that might have gotten a pass if it was a launch title (like lack of dynamic weather or replays) will be bigger issues given that they had an entire extra year to polish everything.

Of course I would love to be wrong and I hope the game scores 90+ :) This is just my gut feeling

Ploid 3.0

Thanks for the quick response! Hmmm, sounds like I'm going to be keeping that physical copy when it arrives like I had planned. Guess my other games can wait since I've been waiting on this one for over a year :)

Another thing on the club thing, I think you share their fame to be able to participate in challenges they are a part of. It's like you're synced up to their level so the full club can participate and not only have 2 people that has the car to put in work for the team. When you leave a club you lose the club boosted fame, though you can join a higher ranking (more fame) club and be better off than what you were at when you was in the past club (Said on stream).

Will be just like Destiny.

The actual racing is phenomenal! Near flawless execution. Beautiful, great music, great tracks. Just not enough of them( even though it is a high number compared to most racers ). 7.8/10

Nope, dont think that will be the case

Destiny was rated much lower for a host of other, real problems, and I think content is too wildly different to compare like that

Racing games have had the same level of content with a lot less polish and heart as DC and I dont see lack of content severely lessening the score.

When they said "no customization under the hood" it means no mechanical customization, right? But what about the cosmetic ones, they're in?

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom