• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
You like magic floating cars? Good for you.

tumblr_nb7ggsUb5C1s609pno4_250.gif

tumblr_nb7ggsUb5C1s609pno2_250.gif

We tell the first guy talking about floating he's wrong, he doesn't believe. Rushy does an amazing show of developer interest in fan response and posts a photo showing it, that same doubter tries to find some totally unrelated law of science to call fake.

Now here you come saying it's a magic floating car like you're some infant who hasn't developed object permanence and thus if you can't see the shadow, it distresses you and you think the car started floating. Thus, they should ignore real light for you.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I was under the impression the game penalizes you for leaving the track, so the best times should still be the ones that stay on the road.

It does.

It flashes a red CORNER PENALTY sign on screen and slows your car down.

If you go off track while on a straight away in just gives you three seconds to reincorporate or it resets you.

It does.

It flashes a red CORNER PENALTY sign on screen and slows your car down.

If you go off track while on a straight away in just gives you three seconds to reincorporate or it resets you.

But does it give you a time penalty?

Edit: Nvm I'm dumb, I see you said it slows down your car. Good to know. So clean track times should still prevail.

Kssio_Aug

This.

Auto-braking, rewind...just learn to drive the car properly. All these driver assists...

It is there to help newbies to familiarize with the game mechanics and physics. And also on Forza they incentive the players to drive without as much assists as possible raising exp and credits.

Edit:
Is there already infos about the car customization features?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Why this car have less AA filters than the others pics and footage?
or maybe i'm getting blind?

Oh for Pete's sake forget the car. Look at what's behind it. It's a shame to rocket past a view like that and not take a peek, even if it means slamming into a wall. lol

Hoje0308

Banned
Rushy looks exhausted. Kinda makes you appreciate the fact that he is so active with the community, even though he is quite obviously insanely busy.

I like how accessible Rushy is, seems like a regular dude who enjoys his profession and goes the extra mile with fans.

Great minds...

TEH-CJ

Banned
Any chance the street date will be broken in Australia?

game looks awesome btw, not sure why all the hate. Unfortunately I see this game getting bad reviews :(

Wow, the UI is absolutely sexy and fast... can you guys design future PS4 firmware updates?

Loving the way challenges are set up, real nice, social integration is key to get people to care about challenges.

Love the rationale for 6 member limit, and it makes perfect sense.

I am really amped to do challenges as a club, together. It's an incredibly awesome social/accessibility feature. I hope this gets critically noticed on reviews, as it genuinely seems like an amazing addition.

Just thought of something when it comes to Clubs.

There will be people out there building Clubs based off their friends list and everything. But how about this for people who are just looking for good racers.

The creator of a Club can create Events for other racers to participate in. Either full races or time trials or " challenge " type events. Whomever wins the race or beats the time in time trial or beats the challenge, their " application " gets automatically sent to the Club owner for review and possible addition into the club.

Then as a club starter instead of spamming boards for applicants, you can actually challenge people and see how skilled they really are before even considering bringing them in.

Whatcha think?

BiGBoSSMk23

I just got banned off the chat :/

jpbonadio

Banned
What have I missed?

Some jokers saying this game is in trouble?

Also, the Forza vs DC comparison debate. DriveClub is made to shine on a giant TV/Projector or (hopefully) head mounted display.

If you're looking at the game through a computer monitor it just looks like a good looking racer with good motion blur, lighting and weather effects.

But you have to get the blown up picture to see just how incredibly detailed everything is.

And most importantly which is what some "professionals" *cough*IGN*cough* seem to be ignoring is that it plays like a fucking dream.

I swear if this game doesn't get the sales it deserves I give up on gaming media. They're bad mouthing something so good.

What the fuck ...

That happened to Infamous SS / FL ... they were so beautiful in my 50" Plasma ... but then I played them on my new DLP Projector with a 110" screen ... and they became just ... incredible ... seriously, those two games comes to life on a giant screen.

There's not better upgrade to a gaming setup than a good DLP projector and a giant screen, especially for games with good IQ.

andylsun

This was one of the reasons I bought my PS4.

T500RS wheel at the ready. Play a lot of GT and looking forward to next-gen racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom