• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Finally managed some MP races. Five in total, three were spoiled by idiots crashing into everything and two were good with intense overtaking, because four of us managed to get away from Destruction derby/people who can't brake

Check any of the Facebook updates from
the Janitor at
Evolution, read a few of the caveman level comments, these people will now be getting online...

They already are online :|

MJLord

ffs Criterion had better release another burnout to get rid of all these ramming fucktards. I just got spun out from first on the last lap.

orborborb

Finally decided it was silly to wait for the free version since there was no way I was going to NOT buy after playing it. Enjoying it a lot, lived up to my hype in an 8.5/10 sort of way.

I'm liking it more than: Burnout 3/Paradise, Need for Speed anything, Forza Horizon (haven't played others), Gran Turismo 3/4/5 (haven't played 6), Le Mans 24, Tokyo Extreme Racer 2, Metropolis Street Racing, Split Second, Sonic & Sega All Stars/Transformed, ModNation Racers, Pure, Blur, Dirt 1, Midnight Club 3 and Los Angeles, Motorstorm 2 and 3, Ridge Racer 1/2/3/6/7/Vita

But I like it less than: Motorstorm 1, Midnight Club 2, Dirt 2, Wipeout HD, Ridge Racer 4/5/PSP/3DS, GTA III, SA, and GTA V races, Beetle Adventure Racing, Mario Kart 64/7/8, Wave Rave 64/Blue Storm, F-Zero/X/GX

Aspiring

Finally managed some MP races. Five in total, three were spoiled by idiots crashing into everything and two were good with intense overtaking, because four of us managed to get away from Destruction derby/people who can't brake

They already are online :|

This was my race. Ended up first finishing 4th. The start was a real destruction Derby. Than 4 of us made it clear but I was too slow. First time in a hyper car. Than after the race I lost connection : (

Spades

Played the game the whole weekend and whilst I don't think it's anywhere near as good as another racing game that I won't mention, I'm really enjoying DC a lot.

Turrican2

Finally managed to race online.
Man this game is an absolute blast to play.
Of course you have to survive the first destruction derby corners...but after that it is racing at its best!

ffs Criterion had better release another burnout to get rid of all these ramming fucktards. I just got spun out from first on the last lap.

Yeah I did an online race, fairly clear, slowed down for a tight left hander and promptly got battered in to the barrier by 6 other people that thought I was the braking zone.

Antti

Can you quit the game and relaunch? Just curious

The few times I've been able to get on I've done exactly that.

I'm sure Evo told people that the game tries to connect all the time to prevent people from quitting and relaunching the game and thus stressing the servers even further.

Neil_J_UK

Yes! Finally got the 1.16 needed in the Venom Hot Lap event after about 45 mins of racing it in total. Had countless attempts at 16.2 - 16.3 when it would have been 15.8 stringing together my best sections, I just couldn't seem to do that.

Finally got it after figuring out a better way to take the last turn as it seemed really hit and miss how fast I could go around it. Found out that if you just tap the handbrake for a second you can slide around the whole bend ~125mph, which was better than the 110 or so I got when I wasn't trying to understeer.

Man, that felt good.

D23

played multiplayer for 6 hours straight, which is very very very rare to me.

WOW thats all i can say

online team race is EXTREMELY addictive. especially playing with gaffers whos in my club.

viveks86

I'm sure Evo told people that the game tries to connect all the time to prevent people from quitting and relaunching the game and thus stressing the servers even further.

It still does connect after some predefined interval. Many times I get reconnected just keeping the main screen open.

I'm having a hard time understanding this omission.

How can you do club vs. club races otherwise?

They get match made. If you are in a full club, it will try to pit you against a full club. Until there is a private lobby, you can't (unfortunately) manually pick a club to race against. You can, however, send them async challenges.

Kojaq

I need a gaf club anyone shout me an invite to cetnick01, just did some mp and it was alot of fun good to see the servers are getting back on track.

viveks86

Yeah, same here, but usually I'm way too impatient to wait and hope. Now, imagine if everyone did that... :D

SuperStation.gif

valkyre

It is absolutely ridiculous that a game that had 1 extra year of delay releases to such a state...

Not only are there elements missing from this game like weather that is going to be patched in a later update, but this has to be the first racing game since the gameboy/NES/amiga era that has no fucking replays...

Yes it is going to be patched. But... 1 year of delay and you cant even find the time to include this? Really?

And then there is the ridiculous issue with the servers... and the non-existent PS Plus version.

You cant release a SOCIAL racer, when the social part is pretty much DOA... you just cant do that. You expose yourself. More so considering the fact that you are a 1st party studio, and people expect higher quality product than the rest. It is like asking for an ice cream cone and the guy gives you the cone, and tells you "come back next week MAYBE, for the ice cream".

In my opinion, Evolution Studios needs a good slap to the face.

To sum up:

- half assed release with no weather, no replays
- social aspect of the game is pretty much useless now
- PS plus version is nowhere

and all that with ONE whole extra year of development. I am really curious to see what kind of state last year, the game was in...Lackluster release to say the least!

It is absolutely ridiculous that a game that had 1 extra year of delay releases to such a state...

Not only are there elements missing from this game like weather that is going to be patched in a later update, but this has to be the first racing game since the gameboy/NES/amiga era that has no fucking replays...

Yes it is going to be patched. But... 1 year of delay and you cant even find the time to include this? Really?

And then there is the ridiculous issue with the servers... and the non-existent PS Plus version.

You cant release a SOCIAL racer, when the social part is pretty much DOA... you just cant do that. You expose yourself. More so considering the fact that you are a 1st party studio, and people expect higher quality product than the rest. It is like asking for an ice cream cone and the guy gives you the cone, and tells you "come back next week MAYBE, for the ice cream".

In my opinion, Evolution Studios needs a good slap to the face. Lackluster release to say the least!

Are you playing it? Because we are having fun.

JamboGT

Really looking forward to having the servers come up and having the challenges working.

Have to say, I am having a blast with this game, I played it at Eurogamer a year ago and to be honest I was really disappointed, but the on track gameplay is so damn entertaining, especially in the Atom and the Venom. Saying that I went back and redid the hot hatch events and they are still fun going back to them.

I hope they go down the "prestige" route with the difficulty going up.

Squozen

Huzzah! LOL Servers is finally created and going GREAT GUNS. The logo is a steaming turd. I'll have to kill the club soon as the servers seem to be recovering and doing reasonably well. Can't wait for all the challenges and face offs to start populating.

I'm having a hard time understanding this omission.

How can you do club vs. club races otherwise?

Yeah, as I said before, the club aspect of this game is barely incorporated into basic multiplayer races and any (direct) interaction between clubs at most seems limited to the game's asynchronous challenge system, i.e. time trials.
I'd love to be corrected but I don't think there's a single game mode/feature dedicated to actively racing together as a club (against other clubs).

Not sure what this means.
You took my words. Hell, I don't even remember what the triangle button does by default.

Yeah, as I said before, the club aspect of this game is barely incorporated into basic multiplayer races and any (direct) interaction between clubs at most seems limited to the game's asynchronous challenge system, i.e. time trials.
I'd love to be corrected but I don't think there's a single game mode/feature dedicated to actively racing together as a club (against other clubs).
I really, really am at a loss to explain this. And I take it you can't do any of the tour races in co-op?

If so, yeah, count me as another player curious as to what state the game was in a year ago and what exactly changed from then to now. I get that stuff is on the way, but even the very core stuff that is the team based racing is still undercooked.

I absolutely adore the racing, but yeah, I can't wrap my head around it. Development of this title must have been very interesting.

MilkBeard

Finally was able to join a club. I suppose the owner would want some more people in it. the club is Head Hunterz if anyone wants to apply to be in it. There are two of us in it so far.

Anyone needing an extra driver? Finally got the online working and ready to play!

richardam-
UK

You can join Eau Rouge (PSN: gallusgallus; The Netherlands), haven't been able to connect since creating the club, I think it's still just me on my own.

Same goes for others that want to join a club. (And I just want to unlock those club-specific cars...)

valkyre

Even if servers were down I didn't even care about what you are saying, because there is a tour and single events.

Well, I am having fun. Sorry.

I dont think my post ever mentioned that you, or anyone else shouldnt have fun...

Glad you are having fun. Some others dont. Sorry for being a party pooper, but opinions... you know...

saunderez

If anyone is looking for an empty spot in a club, theres 4 spots open in my club presently. Club name is CrashDown, or you can find it by adding me as a friend (saunderez84).

farmerboy

Online might be all over the place and there are no replays but fuck me what a fantastic game. I am absolutely hooked, its unreal. I've enjoyed myself just racing my ghost on a time trial. I played one game of multiplayer and it was a blast. The online absence doesn't bother me cos it's giving me time to go through the tour.

The noise, the beautiful noise. When weather hits this will be insane.

I love it.

red731

I dont think my post ever mentioned that you, or anyone else shouldnt have fun...

Glad you are having fun. Some others dont. Sorry for being a party pooper, but opinions... you know...

I know what you means and respect it.
Servers should be getting better tho, so the online portion should be ready to play, soonish.

I've meant that offline is great place to practice and beat you own ghosts, race for accolades and stuff.

I too can't wait for online when I will get home. If it's up, that is.

viveks86

You took my words. Hell, I don't even remember what the triangle button does by default.

I cracked the code! He is referring to the social hub, which gives the connection error when you press triangle. So he is constantly pressing triangle hoping it would connect… and having tons of fun.

luffeN

If anyone is looking for an empty spot in a club, theres 4 spots open in my club presently. Club name is CrashDown, or you can find it by adding me as a friend (saunderez84).

If I don't forget joining your club tonight then I will do so. I also have a club but none of my friends are playing and I want to have the club xp. PSN id is bankai-steve

OmegaDL50

Now that the online seems to be significantly better, I'm still looking for a club that is mostly focused on unlocks and challenges since I don't really like the competitive races as much as the time trials and stuff. My driver level is 23 and I've been holding off on most of the events to earn points from those toward a club. PSN is Crovax44 if anyone has a spot!

I created a club for that.

Mainly challenge creation and Club unlocks, and almost no multiplayer participation. If you haven't joined a club for that.

I still have a spot open if you are interested?

Just send me a PSN invite and request to join. The club is named O M E G A by the way.

kriskrosbbk

I bought T80 DC Edition for this one and I am extremely happy with it.I know the lack of FFB etc.. but come on it does a great job with DC.If you want to save few hundred quids and want a wheel ,go for it.

So the servers finally came up for me for the first time. What's going on with Challenges? It's still greyed out with a blue box in the corner of it.

viveks86

Another club based multiplayer question. Can you set up races so that its only you and your clubmates racing each other? With no randoms?

Same answer. Needs private lobby. Without that, you will face randoms/other clubs even if you go in as a full club.

So the servers finally came up for me for the first time. What's going on with Challenges? It's still greyed out with a blue box in the corner of it.

Challenges are what brought everything down. They'd probably be the last thing to go up whenever they fix it (not sure if they have yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom