• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enough talk about the handling in this game. Probably the most engaging racer I've ever played. It's like Gran Turismo but easier to handle and much more grip

I feel like the first race shoudlve been on a super/hyper car in Chile/Switzerland just to give you a taste of what you could achieve after progressing through the slow cars.

Those cares are pretty tough to handle, especially the hyper cars and there's no assists. It's not like in Forza 4 where they can put you in a high powered car right away and turn on all the assists.

viveks86

Yissss!

BzzQ4PCCYAAdNZj.jpg

That one race where you need to go from 10th to 1st with the Bentley and do the laps in 47 seconds is IMPOSSIBLE.

Focus your first try on getting 1st place, then go back and attempt the 47 seconds lap. It'll save which goal you unlocked first so you wont have to do it again in future races on the same track.

As for getting 47 seconds, hug the inside of the turns and "thread the needle" during that last s-turn...meaning aim to drive diagonally though it and straight the car out when you come out the left curve. I found that e-braking gets you no where with that race, and your best bet is to stay within the inside of the curves at optimal speeds

M.W.

Viveks I requested to join the club, I know there's a list but I thought id throw my name in there. PSN is AtomBom

red731

Morning guys,

yesterday me and three friends we hot seating Driveclub, beating our own time, neck to nect speeds and much screams and laughter. This all in custom time trial p2p

That is until we "connected" online to have our scores magicaly screwed up (lets say our best time was ~2:25.### and suddenly the time was ~72569:12.### aka target score).

If you are reading this Rushy, Evo, please add up to 4 player pass the controller (wheel) local mp mode with some magic you would seem fit. That would be a dream come true after yesterday.

It is so damn fun wanting to beat people in the same room!

ed: That morning grammar, damn.
WE HOTSEATIN'

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It's easy, Pagani is OP as fuck. By far the best Hyper car.

I'm 220/225, missing 1 star of the GT Hot lap and 4 of the lightweight challenge.

Goddamn this guy barely made it with the GT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQejZJ-OUE

Eh, it took me a bit to do it since I'm not the best at drifting. It was the course that was getting me, not the Pagani. I didn't have much trouble with that GT hot lap, or the lightweight once I got the Ariel Atom under control.

Made a club if anyone wants in. It's called 'BAHRAM' (Zone of the Enders reference). Just search for it in the clubs section. It's open for all, so go nuts.

viveks86

I can't do it captain! Im so stuck on that one. I killed the other ones NP but that one is killing me. I got 8800 but I just cant get that 8900. Good job.

Keep trying! The key is to absolutely nail any one of the drifts in the middle section from start to finish and a decent drift on the others. Wish we could send these to each other as challenges so we have baselines to match and improve on! Come on, EVO!

I got that drift on the twentieth try lol

I probably did more! lol

Am I missing something here?

You need to get 4 billion to beat that drift race?

Ignore that. It's a bug. I'm just happy that I got all 3 stars! :D

Shaneus

Morning guys,

yesterday me and three friends we hot seating Driveclub, beating our own time, neck to nect speeds and much screams and laughter. This all in custom time trial p2p

That is until we "connected" online to have our scores magicaly screwed up (lets say our best time was ~2:25.### and suddenly the time was ~72569:12.### aka target score).

If you are reading this Rushy, Evo, please add up to 4 player pass the controller (wheel) local mp mode with some magic you would seem fit. That would be a dream come true after yesterday.

You know what... that's a damn good idea! Shouldn't be hard to implement either, I wouldn't think.

With the stability of the clubs now, hopefully I'll actually be able to contribute to mine. It's level 6 and I haven't done a damn thing :( Paint scheme looks rad, though.

Morning guys,

ed: That morning grammar, damn.
WE HOTSEATIN'

Quoted for brilliance! It doesn't even have to be splitscreen! How brilliant of a concept is that for racing games?!

baconcow

Just played some online. Team matches are inherently broken. Started the race with 4 on our team, they had 6. In the end, the two initially empty slots received last place point amounts: 4 and 3 points. We would have needed almost all top placement to win. This is not a winning system. Was fun. Ended up in 2nd, 6th, 3rd, and 5th. Most races were destruction derby mentality for most racers. There are definitely not enough slowdown penalties for those bashing the corners and other cars leading to little incentive for them to drive properly.

Graphics are beautiful, but the game still appears a little dim on my calibrated plasma, set to full RGB. Colours are great, but the game looks dim even on clear high sun conditions.

AI makes me rage as they are completely cheatfests. I need to take a video showing a car exceeding it's maximum possible acceleration.

Statistics is still non-working.

Face-offs of other players never show up.

Challenges seem greyed out.

Dominator

Appreciate the advice on that Bentley race, gonna try more tomorrow.

Played two races online though. Was in first place both times, got clipped by another racer and spun out facing the opposite direction. Became last place immediately and had no chance to catch up. Infuriating lol

As all the online features pop online this game is getting better and better.

I love how fast you get into races from the set events they give you. After one online race ends it's not too long until you're in another. That's great. It would be neat if they let you vote between two random events though.

They really need to get Challenges and Face offs working.

We're also looking for two members for the SecretCanadians GAF Club.

Any clubs I can join?

I don't play much, mainly because I have my PS4 in my work apartment which I'm only at a few days a week, but I hear you need a club to access some of the content. So no one that needs to be the top of leaderboards every week, but I might be able to pull off a respectable time trial every so often.

I'm Korea local time too.

red731

Quoted for brilliance! It doesn't even have to be splitscreen! How brilliant of a concept is that for racing games?!

Oh stop it you
ohstopityouplz.png

You know, just like worms, but with racing game.

Single event > set up it up and add number of players from 1-4 (red, green blue, yellow ghosts) select one car you've had all agreed on and race.

It was really great time. Oh, and motion controlls are blast to play with.
KuGsj.gif

Putty

Good morning all. Nice to see there was some action for a lot of you overnight. I had a good few hours last night, GAF UK CS are now upto level 11, still with the 3 of us until the other 3 get online.

Oh stop it you
ohstopityouplz.png

You know, just like worms, but with racing game.

Single event > set up it up and add number of players from 1-4 (red, green blue, yellow ghosts) select one car you've had all agreed on and race.

It was really great time. Oh, and motion controlls are blast to play with.
KuGsj.gif

I didn't even think to incorporate different colored ghosts. RUN WITH IT MAN.

My old roomates and I would have had a blast with something like that!

You know my 5 yo daughter saw me playing and wanted to have a shot. Playing with the controller she doesn't have the motor skills to control it with the sticks.

But then I remembered the motion control. Honestly it works really well and my daughter had a blast, she picked it up straight away. She was making it around about a 3rd of the corners which I thought was pretty impressive.

Gonna spend some time with it again myself to see if its a full on viable alternative for me. But it legit works.

Yeah, it really helps with people who aren't used to analog sticks for sure, as was the case with Motorstorm already. But now it is also a viable alternative for people who drive with a wheel, and hence, basically for everyone.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Bzx3dvkCIAA4MvA.jpg

I wouldn't want to use that - I think it is much more comfortable just holding the DS4 with your fingers on the triggers for braking and gas. I can't see that improve with this attachment. Also for me it would be confusing - I would then expect to have pedals too. ;)

Just for good measure, I'm going to repeat:

TRY MOTION CONTROLS TRY MOTION CONTROLS TRY MOTION CONTROLS

Nyx

Call it hyperbole if you want, but after spending another 12 hours with DriveClub this weekend I can say that for me, the graphics, sound, sense of speed, handling and track-layouts are up there with the best in a very long time!

Call it hyperbole if you want, but after spending another 12 hours with DriveClub this weekend I can say that for me, the graphics, sound, sense of speed, handling and track-layouts are up there with the best in a very long time!

I keep seeing posts like this, and then ones about how average it is..

I'm on the thinnest fence about buying this, and I don't want to wait for the PS+ Edition anymore!

D23

As of now ive been playing online for almost 5 hours now. Havent beem disconnected once.

Online is amazing thats all i can say. Its extremely addictive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom