• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aticos

From where?

PSN
ibeKOZkUq197XD.png

nero2082

game is being sold in Poland today (some stores don't care about street date), expect tons of streams, like right now

The_Monk

Thanks for the update dude. Sounds like you had a good time.

Thank you my good man. It was a great experience but also very tiresome. Either way it was really nice. :)

-----------

Also, watching these physical copies... I wish I could have one of those Steelbooks, I mean, they are so clean and pretty, just by looking at them, HNNNG:

mVx49A0l.jpg

fritzo

anyone else just going to play the PS+ edition until weather and other updates are released? Although the $50 price tag is enticing.

Also, watching these physical copies... I wish I could have one of those Steelbooks, I mean, they are so clean and pretty, just by looking at them, HNNNG:

mVx49A0l.jpg
Agreed, that Steelbook is exceedingly well done. I love the minimal graphic and the abundance of bold red.

I've got a car with auto headlights and thus interior lights, and they would never be triggered by the situation presented in that gif.

I get the idea, but the execution is odd.

Have you ever driven down a deserted road lacking street lights at that time with the surrounding covered in snow and fireworks going off in front of you? Just curious.

nib95

Banned
I've got a car with auto headlights and thus interior lights, and they would never be triggered by the situation presented in that gif.

I get the idea, but the execution is odd.

Lol. Because you've obviously driven in the scenario presented. Night time without any Street lights, followed by giant firework going off close to your car.

Edit: Beaten...

ugh, this is the point in the thread where everyone posts pictures of their broken-street-date copy while I wait for the official release.... it's painful.

I'm happy for you dudes, in a hateful jealous kind of way.

game is being sold in Poland today (some stores don't care about street date), expect tons of streams, like right now

Distribs need to cop on to this. Ain't nuffin wrong with it, but if it's the bottom monehy monehy line they're after ... it's just lazy marketing from the big-wigs that choose not to act on the act of the hype that abounds in the un-official Pre-Official leaking thing ..

And maybe that a same-day release date strategy makes sense ?

ugh, this is the point in the thread where everyone posts pictures of their broken-street-date copy while I wait for the official release.... it's painful.

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

Happened to me with TLOU as well....drove around everywhere trying to find somewhere selling it.

All these copies in the wild and i can't manage to get a review copy for my site here in Latin America because Sony's local PR agency is useless.

It's sad. : /

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Can we safely stream already?

bombshell

The breaking of street dates seemingly everywhere, is that a case of retailers not being too happy with the cheaper PS+ upgrade option?

Or some retailers just don't care about street dates?

Ferr986

The breaking of street dates seemingly everywhere, is that a case of retailers not being too happy with the cheaper PS+ upgrade option?

Or some retailers just don't care about street dates?

I dont think it has anything to do about the PS+ upgrade . It always happens, especially the smaller stores, they dont care about street dates.

Agreed. Someone said on the Game Informer podcast that in FH2 it's a fantastic looking game with a great map and everything, but when you play it you just look at it and feel like "Ok, what now?". I have a feeling DriveClub will be exactly that as well, maybe more. Sure, you're getting points and racing against people on pre-defined tracks, but what do we do now and how long will this be engaging?
I'm very curious.

They are asking to build communities and race with friends online making rivals against other clubs and let us know what the players want more from this game to make it even better for their online clubs to enjoy. That's why they have plan for the updates which is to to make the game around the players who play them to make clubs, join clubs and race or compete in challenges to get to the top of the leaderboards and show the world about their club in this virtual world. This game is not about single player and its about playing with friends in clubs, taking challenges from others and competing against them etc., and will come more as the players request from this game from updates.

The only problem with this game is that many people thinking more about single player content like what i should i do after tour but this game main goal is socially connected race in online club communities. And for single player they have provided enough content and beautiful world with great visuals and sounds to experience the game like a real drive or simulation with handling and immersion close to that but easy to pick up in arcade mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom