• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually do, I just commented on a different thing. You should be able to get out of the road in a modern racing game... and get the damage you deserve. It doesn't happen in either Forza or Driving Club, Forza doesn't punish you and Driving Club horribly doesn't let you go out.
I hope they take some of the greatness from Driving Club and roll it into Gran Touristing.

Kane1345

During last night's event they scrolled past two Norway DLC tracks. However, we were unable to be shown them as Evo were waiting for approval from the Norwegian government to be able to use the new tracks.

I must admit my first thought was it has to be Atlantic Road but no one would spill the beans.

*dies from hype*

kyser73

Abso-freaking-lutely would love to see this make it in the game. If it was DLC, I would buy it. If Evolution are reading the thread, anything like this, some of the most spectacular and different places to drive a car in the world, I will buy. Blander tracks and racetracks I will consider, but things like the above are an instant purchase for me.

I don't know how others feel? What kind of DLC tracks would be an instant purchase for you all?

Hill climb contest over Mt Takaka & a long drive along the Lewis Pass, both NZ South Island.

Dinjooh

During last night's event they scrolled past two Norway DLC tracks. However, we were unable to be shown them as Evo were waiting for approval from the Norwegian government to be able to use the new tracks.

I must admit my first thought was it has to be Atlantic Road but no one would spill the beans.

I can't fight this feeling anymore!

Does anyone know if that long, 30 minute tunnel is included in any of the Norway tracks? Would love to endure that in-game.

A couple of people would like to see you now.

ibum6R85Avj425.png

Dinjooh

Abso-freaking-lutely would love to see this make it in the game. If it was DLC, I would buy it. If Evolution are reading the thread, anything like this, some of the most spectacular and different places to drive a car in the world, I will buy. Blander tracks and racetracks I will consider, but things like the above are an instant purchase for me.

I don't know how others feel? What kind of DLC tracks would be an instant purchase for you all?

If it was anything goes - I would love to see some tie-ins with other PlayStation franchises.

A stormy trip down Mount Olympus, a high-speed action across the asteroids with Ratchet & Clank by our side and heck, why not - a trip through the jungle with Sully as your co-driver constantly going 'Eh, I don't know about this turn kid'

If it was anything goes - I would love to see some tie-ins with other PlayStation franchises.

A stormy trip down Mount Olympus, a high-speed action across the asteroids with Ratchet & Clank by our side and heck, why not - a trip through the jungle with Sully as your co-driver constantly going 'Eh, I don't know about this turn kid'
Well seen as we've already got hovering cars we might as well shove a Wipeout track in there.

Kane1345

Lol I don't know why but this sounds awesome XD

R3TRODYCE

My local Gamestop rarely does midnight launches but they just texted me saying that I can pick up my preorder at midnight release day. I think I might go there and do that since I took the day off.

darkwing

This will be on the season pass right?

Gurish

That looks amazing but gifs are really problematic when judging a game's visuals, you can't get a good indication about IQ, flaws are less noticeable, and we know DC don't have a perfect IQ so these gifs makes the game looks better than it actually is (it still looks amazing and all, but not perfect like it seems from Gifs)

SCEA can you stop treating us U.K. folk like paupers by releasing Driveclub last here
we have the strongest world currency mayne lol
. Honest to god, watching everyone else play 3 days early shall be torture :p

And the game looks amazing, Rushy and Evo look to have done a stellar job! I haven't been into racing games for the past few years but this has easily pulled me back in

SCEA can you stop treating us U.K. folk like paupers by releasing Driveclub last here
we have the strongest world currency mayne lol
. Honest to god, watching everyone else play 3 days early shall be torture :p

Our problem is we don't do change, laws that have been there for 100s of years and dont change, buildings that get preserved and never replaced, and release dates being friday, and always will be (apart from some big games.. recently destiny, who released on tuesday)

why isnt this released on tuesday too?

rObit

Banned
Good thread potential here.

Here's one off the top of my head.

Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia

*pic*

Anything from Japan, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Brazil for me as long as they pick the right routes in those countries.

Ooh, your pic made me think of the "Road to Hana" on Maui. Windy, goes to one lane in some spots, gets into fairly dense vegetation in places too.

8B6qWc6.jpg

sANSsPw.jpg

nKKrVf0.jpg

I'm not a huge racing fan, and I'm too buy to even play the game until mid-November, but I just preordered the upgrade. Hopefully I'll start playing right around the weather patch!

Man

great-ocean-road-self-drive.jpg
Great pick. It's also important that they include all the naked surfers along that road.
Stunning beauties just strip bare in front of everyone to change to their surfing gear.

I'm honestly surprised you guys are pre-ordereding the game without waiting for the PSN+ demo. The game could be a piece of shit like GT5.

For me, nothing has hit that sweet spot of realism and arcade fun to this degree since PG3/4. I had three attempts at the driveclub challenge to win a PS4 last weekend at EGX and finished third on the leaderboard. This game just feels so right to me :D I came home and put my upgrade in straight away.

Hot Pursuit 2010 had amazing cost lines :

(lazy to take a fancy pc screen)

HP in general is just an amazing racing game. Autolog really set the stage for making time attack a big thing again in racers. It's just a shame that it didn't catch on like it should've. Competing for times in HP was a joy simply because you had stock cars with the exception of everyone having NOS/turbos. But there was no tuning. That was the last time that I enjoyed that feature in NFS since they introduced upgrades to cars after that. But at least DC seems to be taking competing for times or scores to a new level.

Our problem is we don't do change, laws that have been there for 100s of years and dont change, buildings that get preserved and never replaced, and release dates being friday, and always will be (apart from some big games.. recently destiny, who released on tuesday)

why isnt this released on tuesday too?

We need world wide release dates for all 1st party games! Ahh well I will enjoy reading all Gaf impressions from Tuesday onwards
/being so jelly.

It's the highest compliment I can pay Evo by bitching about being last to receive the game haha. That never happens to me

For me, nothing has hit that sweet spot of realism and arcade fun to this degree since PG3/4. I had three attempts at the driveclub challenge to win a PS4 last weekend at EGX and finished third on the leaderboard. This game just feels so right to me :D I came home and put my upgrade in straight away.

Is your pre download started ?

We need world wide release dates for all 1st party games! Ahh well I will enjoy reading all Gaf impressions from Tuesday onwards
/being so jelly.

It's the highest compliment I can pay Evo by bitching about being last to receive the game haha. That never happens to me

we need a petition to abolish it. everyone should be equal and released at the same time everywhere.

Gacha-pin

great-ocean-road-self-drive.jpg

Anything from Japan, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Brazil for me as long as they pick the right routes in those countries.

Touge road with red leaves in Japan would be fun for drifting but all the preset tracks are from mountain area(?). So My vote is for coast lines as well. Please evo!!

irohazaka-e1410755222267.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom