• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conduit

Banned
Remember when I posted these impressions from a friend yesterday and mentioned that he seemed to think the game was a bit easy?

I said I'm going to wait till he levels up and get an update. Well, here's the update:

And yes I dont know if its a bug or what but if a car hits you from behind, your Fame score deducts point which was plain stupid. I mean it was not my fault :/

And yes I am somewhere 1000 on the leader-board :D Imagine :p

9/10 - STUNNING!!!!

:D

So, IGN's 9.5 confirmed? :-D

Kane1345

Driveclub devs I know you're reading this and you've probably seen requests for this before but please add Atlantic Road, Norway :D

atlantic-road-norway-aerial-photograph-from-above.jpg

Imagine driving there during a thunderstorm...

Video of it :)

Jimrpg

I'm honestly surprised you guys are pre-ordereding the game without waiting for the PSN+ demo. The game could be a piece of shit like GT5.

Yep I realise this but I wanted the three extra cars :p that was before I found out they were just skins tho. Normally I don't care for extra cars, just tracks but there's only 50 cars so why not?

Also I need to justify the ps4 purchase to my wife cause it's been gathering dust for a year. I think this is honestly the game that people can see that CANT be done on ps3. Gameplay I put my trust in evolution. At the very least multiplayer will be decent.

BouncyFrag

Anyone know how the career mode is for single player? I'll give online play a shot but I usually just do single player in racers.

le-seb

A lot of us have had a chance to try it at various events. I tried it at Gamescom last year and loved it, no reason I wouldn't want it now, a year later.
Well, the handling has been evolving quite a bit since last year, from what I've read.

However, we've had quite some footage and opinions to make up our minds.

kyser73

I saw that article someone posted from GamesRadar, about how modern racing games need to become more "hardcore"... I could not agree more.

DriveClub's tracks are incredibly frustrating in this regard - you go offroad and you collide with a bunch of flowers like it was cement, and on the other hand, whatever surface you collide with amounts to pretty much the same damage.

TBH the guy is saying exactly what some of us have been saying on his thread about driver aids, rewind etc., and it's almost a love letter to the kind of racing, racing, racing ethos DC has.

Reading about the ghost challenges especially is hyping me up - I think it's been mentioned that the sand feature in Hot a Pursuit had me endlessly replaying the same race to get those 00ths off and beat my mates.

dannethmps

Neo Member
I'd also like to post some negatives ( it's only fair ) I found while playing the game last night...

* The detail away from the racing circuit/road was putting me off, it was that good I found myself taking my eyes off the next corner.

* This game has potential to lead to a divorce ( at least for me personally )

* It's going to bring back many late nights.

Game looks fantastic, will definitely be picking it up when my wallet stops hating me.

The PS+ version, that is this week correct? Wednesday I think I heard?

Driveclub devs I know you're reading this and you've probably seen requests for this before but please add Atlantic Road, Norway :D

DriveClub 2 dude, it'll happen. Coupled with a Japan region that features tracks located in the more rural areas and around Mt. Fuji. It'll be spectacular.

mekes

Abso-freaking-lutely would love to see this make it in the game. If it was DLC, I would buy it. If Evolution are reading the thread, anything like this, some of the most spectacular and different places to drive a car in the world, I will buy. Blander tracks and racetracks I will consider, but things like the above are an instant purchase for me.

I don't know how others feel? What kind of DLC tracks would be an instant purchase for you all?

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I'd also like to post some negatives ( it's only fair ) I found while playing the game last night...

* The detail away from the racing circuit/road was putting me off, it was that good I found myself taking my eyes off the next corner.

* This game has potential to lead to a divorce ( at least for me personally )

* It's going to bring back many late nights.

Man this game sounds terrible.... Lol

Kane1345

Abso-freaking-lutely would love to see this make it in the game. If it was DLC, I would buy it. If Evolution are reading the thread, anything like this, some of the most spectacular and different places to drive a car in the world, I will buy. Blander tracks and racetracks I will consider, but things like the above are an instant purchase for me.

I don't know how others feel? What kind of DLC tracks would be an instant purchase for you all?

Someone suggested a track in Egypt around the pyramids. I thought that would be quite cool

I seriously hope Sony uses this graphics engine in other games. I mean, I know they've got several amazing technology houses within WWS, but it would seem a waste if they don't share at least some of the strengths of DC with their other teams. This tech, with real time lighting, vast scale and dynamic weather seems like it would be awesome in a Skyrim or Far Cry style open world game.

kriskrosbbk

Seems I cannot set the download option .Once I hit OK for the four items,then the "set auto-download" button is active again (UK PSN).

Hah. You took photos of the back of my head during the presentation. I'm the guy sat in front of you with long hair... Which club team were you on Bradley?
Ha. I was on your team. You were sat next to me at times, and also I was the dude who told you about square to change cam on the wheel challenge.

Jimrpg

Good thread potential here.

Here's one off the top of my head.

Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia

great-ocean-road-self-drive.jpg

Anything from Japan, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Brazil for me as long as they pick the right routes in those countries.

You're not agreeing with the article with your opinion.

I actually do, I just commented on a different thing. You should be able to get out of the road in a modern racing game... and get the damage you deserve. It doesn't happen in either Forza or Driving Club, Forza doesn't punish you and Driving Club horribly doesn't let you go out.

I can't remember the name of the road but I would love to ride that one road that heads towards hanama bay all the way to north Shore. I lived there for 4 years and can't remember. I used to drive up from Kbay every weekend with my wife to go snorkeling. Anyone know the name of that road!
Forgot to mention this is in Hawaii..wish I can find pics but I'm on mobile at work.

During last night's event they scrolled past two Norway DLC tracks. However, we were unable to be shown them as Evo were waiting for approval from the Norwegian government to be able to use the new tracks.

I must admit my first thought was it has to be Atlantic Road but no one would spill the beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom