• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
Man. This game is fucking frustrating at later single players levels. I am stuck at the semi pro race and I am about to throw the cobtroller. Cars hit me from the back and my car lose track no matter what I do. And it's not like I hit them first and they want revenge no. They just want to be in the track tey programmed in. This is frustrating

Can't you just drop the AI level?

nib95

Banned
Not that I know of. I mean I really love this game but its either I am very bad and I don't think I am. Ir Thai game difficulty spike really up to a stupidity level

Maybe try the event again after you've unlocked a faster car in the tier then. But I thought we could change the AI difficulty in campaign races. Interesting if we can't. Means later races will likely default to Legend AI which is going to be seriously difficult.

~~Hasan~~

Maybe try the event again after you've unlocked a faster car in the tier then. But I thought we could change the AI difficulty in campaign races. Interesting if we can't. Means later races will likely default to Legend AI which is going to be seriously difficult.
I was just checking the options again right now. Notbing.

le-seb

Man. This game is fucking frustrating at later single players levels. I am stuck at the semi pro race and I am about to throw the cobtroller. Cars hit me from the back and my car lose track no matter what I do. And it's not like I hit them first and they want revenge no. They just want to be in the track tey programmed in. This is frustrating
I think they're just racing aggressively and aiming for the optimal trajectory.
Don't you ram into other cars' back, yourself?

I've been watching a preview this morning where the guys are basically saying that they love the way AI cars don't feel like they're on rails (unlike what you can see GT), and that they are pretty aggressive.
And if you watch Inside SimRacing preview, where he plays on Legendary, you'll see how the AI is indeed rather good at avoiding other cars, but also won't let a single of his mistakes unexploited.

Yes, this may be frustrating, but no, I don't think that the bolded part is correct.

Not that I know of. I mean I really love this game but its either I am very bad and I don't think I am. Or the game difficulty spike really up to a stupidity level

Do some time trials instead. The Russian streamer is it that level and he's getting his arse kicked, but you can see he doesn't know the track so even when he's in front it's pot luck whether he takes a corner well. Appears as though the AI are still slow in corners at that level, but fast on the straight.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF currently at 184. Need to hit 300 before launch! I don't know why, but we just have to. Come on peeps! You know who you are. Don't be shy! ;)

Is this for screenshot sharing? When I got Infamous early I set up a message thread so that people can get an idea of what it would look like on their TVs

KOHIPEET

D9 gif is....is....I barely have words. The lighting in this game is something else. I hope when they patch in weather, there will be an option to race in an huge fucking thunderstorm with wind and constant lightning tearing through clouds on the night sky.

nib95

Banned
I think they're just racing aggressively and aiming for the optimal trajectory.
Don't you ram into other cars' back, yourself?

I've been watching a preview this morning where the guys are basically saying that they love the way AI cars don't feel like they're on rails (unlike what you can see GT), and that they are pretty aggressive.
And if you watch Inside SimRacing preview, where he plays on Legendary, you'll see how the AI is indeed rather good at avoiding other cars, but also won't let a single of his mistakes unexploited.

Yes, this may be frustrating, but no, I don't think that the bolded part is correct.

Absolutely. In all honesty, DC features some of the best AI I've seen in a racing game. That InsideSimRacing video showed it off really well, Legend AI are not messing around. It appears that they do try to avoid other cars, but still also make mistakes and make contact from time to time, which I guess is part and parcel of racing more aggressively.

Wonder how hard the game will be at later levels though :S

Gacha-pin

Sounds Motorstrom to me. I think I will like DC's AI.

Speedblack wheel stand showed up in time.

p7OXBYk.jpg

I am prepared.

Can someone with the game please tell me how many digits you are allowed for a club name?

I'm trying to work on a team name for the GAF Driveclub season. Thanks!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I asked this earlier in this thread (or perhaps one of the others): Is there any fog in the game? I've seen rain and snow but I haven't seen any fog yet. I've also not seen any early morning mist.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If Driveclub is anything like Motorstorm, it became really unfairly hard towards the end of the campaign. I had already gotten like 10+ hours of great SP racing so it didn't bug me but it was majorly cheap.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
If Driveclub is anything like Motorstorm, it became really unfairly hard towards the end of the campaign. I had already gotten like 10+ hours of great SP racing so it didn't bug me but it was majorly cheap.

Yeah, Motorstorm started kicking my ass towards the end, at least on Pacific Rift. I don't remember about the first one.

Putty

Maybe the rubberband a.i was partially to blame?

le-seb

I asked this earlier in this thread (or perhaps one of the others): Is there any fog in the game? I've seen rain and snow but I haven't seen any fog yet. I've also not seen any early morning mist.
I'd swear I've seen some footage from some Chili race circuit today where the distant mountain was wrapped in mist.

I think I broke a controller in frustration because of MS:pR.... the AI wasn't good it was cheap and rubber banding so now matter how good you were it didn't matter...

Hedrush

The fact us UK guys need to wait until Friday is a fucking joke, seriously. PS+ demo gets released on Wednesday and even tho I have the game pre ordered on psn I still have to wait until Friday to play the full game, and I can pre load it a few days before. Makes no fucking sense at all.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'd swear I've seen some footage from some Chili race circuit today where the distant mountain was wrapped in mist.

I'm talking about 'local' mist that reduces your vision. Imagine thick fog with your lights barely penetrating more than a few yards ahead!

le-seb

I'm talking about 'local' mist that reduces your vision. Imagine thick fog with your lights barely penetrating more than a few yards ahead!
I don't see why they couldn't do local mist when they're able to do distant one?
The Drenched Forests of Canada video featured a lot of mist, too.

The fact us UK guys need to wait until Friday is a fucking joke, seriously. PS+ demo gets released on Wednesday and even tho I have the game pre ordered on psn I still have to wait until Friday to play the full game, and I can pre load it a few days before. Makes no fucking sense at all.

You are clearly the target audience too, since it looks like N.A doesn't even get an advertisement campaign.

Really upset that Sony would push Destiny like an exclusive, but not an actual exclusive.

Good thing there's the Plus version

derek212

Has anyone in NYC been able to find the game early?

EDIT: Seems like someone just asked. Whoops. :eek:

Try target on 225th street a friend got it there early you just have to ask for it. Just find the right person who looks like they do know or care about street dates. I would have brought it to but I got it digitally.

hwy_61

Banned
Has anyone in NYC been able to find the game early?

EDIT: Seems like someone just asked. Whoops. :eek:

Yeah, and even if you did find a place it would have to be a mom&pop. I highly doubt best buy or any other big box retailers' systems would allow a sale before release date.

jett

D-Member

That's because the rubberbanding became stupidly unfair, I was only able to play 75% of the content in MS. :p Rushy insists there is no rubberbanding in this game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom