• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was watching a HQ stream on ps4 last night and sipping a few glasses of wine. For £34.99 i've decided to take the plunge and pre-order. I think the wine helped as l never buy from the store if there's a BluRay available.

madp0k

Cancelled my amazon pre order, which Ive had for over year because of my concerns about the shadows, the off road timer and the floating cars :(

and bought it off the psn for 10 quid cheaper :) can't wait 4 days 7 hrs woop woop

GodofWine

I could probably convince many older relatives that a few of these are real life footage. The lighting is stupidly good...as are the cars, the sound and the environments.

nikos

Try target on 225th street a friend got it there early you just have to ask for it. Just find the right person who looks like they do know or care about street dates. I would have brought it to but I got it digitally.

He must have got lucky. I have a feeling it'll give a street date error when it's scanned. Might try, but it's a bit of a trek from Brooklyn. Thanks for the heads up!

le-seb

We've seen no fog footage whatsoever though. In fact it's not even been discussed anywhere.
Maybe it's just because you can't see shit in fog? :D

See, they said they would probably limit snow and rain effects so that they don't make the game unplayable / not enjoyable.
I would be really surprised if there's no fog conditions in the game.

nib95

Banned
WOW. Close your eyes and imagine driving at break neck speed to this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5vtHoNQ8k

Awesome. Sorry Rushy! Music is going back on lol, at least after I've fully experienced the engine notes of each car.

If Driveclub is anything like Motorstorm, it became really unfairly hard towards the end of the campaign. I had already gotten like 10+ hours of great SP racing so it didn't bug me but it was majorly cheap.

Bit worried about this myself. Still, as long as the challenge is fun.

Heroman

Banned
Skipped Alien Isolation and just preordered this. What's supposed to be in the season pass?

15226878190_fe5dccb278_o.jpg

NHale

So Sony is blocking Twitch streams? Because only some UStream streams are available on Live on Playstation.

Stupid decision considering UStream IQ is terrible.

Bizarre and wrong. This ps+ edition has been poorly handled in general.

Atleast there is a ps+ edition and not just a demo. You will be able to experience 1/5th the full game and get a major taste of the product for free. Pretty sure that is well handled. We just have to wait for what 6:00pm or so? No biggie.

hwy_61

Banned
Nothing bizarre about it.

PS plus games had never had the preload.

But that doesn't mean they can't start now. And what better game to do it with than the ONLY first party game with a free version you have for the holidays.

I'll go an extra step: it would've be wise of them to have released it this weekend for everyone to play. Probably would've ended up with more preorders. Maybe that's naive, but they have the ability to do it.

Late Flag

I personally liked how Motorstorm got tough as hell in the later events. You had know every inch of the track like the back of your hand to have any chance of winning most of the races once you got past stage five or so. I spent lots of time just running time trials to get the tracks completely nailed down so I could advance through the festival.

Maybe they just need an option to turn down the AI somehow. Mod Nation Racers is another game that caught a lot of flak for being too hard/cheap, and they patched in an easier difficulty level for the folks who just wanted to play the content without getting all OCD about finding the optimal line.

Heroman

Banned
Atleast there is a ps+ edition and not just a demo. You will be able to experience 1/5th the full game and get a major taste of the product for free. Pretty sure that is well handled. We just have to wait for what 6:00pm or so? No biggie.

But it is not free.

derek212

He must have got lucky. I have a feeling it'll give a street date error when it's scanned. Might try, but it's a bit of a trek from Brooklyn. Thanks for the heads up!

From bk ? Not worth it ! I thought you was in manhattan already within train distance. Maybe someone from bk can help you bro. I'm a few bus stops away from 225

MavFan619

Banned
But that doesn't mean they can't start now. And what better game to do it with than the ONLY first party game you have for the holidays.

I'll go an extra step: it would've be wise of them to have released it this weekend for everyone to play. Probably would've ended up with more preorders. Maybe that's naive, but they have the ability to do it.
LBP3 was cancelled?

Hedrush

So have a great number of games.

Specifically on Sony's PS4 retail titles, inFamous was worldwide. Bloodborne will be worldwide. The Order will be worldwide.

But, LBP3 won't be. This won't be. SingStar won't be.

Yeah I know that mate. But the thing is, why do I need to wait until Friday (UK) to play the full game when I can pre load it two days before. I will even be able to download the ps+ demo on the Wednesday and play that even tho I will have the full game pre loaded on my console. It really sucks :(

Ploid 3.0

Indeed, doesnt make sense to not allow the PS Plus version be preloaded.

They would need a system in place to disallow people from preloading content that wouldn't be able to own due to their subscription would run out right before it's released. I thought about dtrategically subbing only for the free games I wanted tied to my account until I was ready to commit all the way with those games waiting.

Anyway yoy might as well look at preload as a service for people that preordered a game.

Yeah I know that mate. But the thing is, why do I need to wait until Friday (UK) to play the full game when I can pre load it two days before. I will even be able to download the ps+ demo on the Wednesday and play that even tho I will have the full game pre loaded on my console. It really sucks :(
Because that is the release date.

And the PS+ Edition will be downloadable from Friday in the UK, not Wednesday.

PS+ isn't free though.

If you want to go off value then Ps+ paid for itself in April with all the free games up to that point. So I've been getting over my 50$ value since then.

Pretty ridiculous argument anyway. I don't have to pay outright for DriveClub Ps+ edition so guess what it's free. Deal with it. Would you feel better if they stopped giving free games and made you pay 5$ or something?

Also my sub is for online gaming not free games. Soooo ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom