• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what 5 countries would you guys like to see in DC2?

So far I'm thinking:
-Japan
-Italy
-France

and can't decide on my other 2, I thinking somewhere with really blue water

autoduelist

PS+ is basically like paying 5.00 for a cup that year long, you can get free refills.

Free refills aren't free. You paid $5.00 for those thousand+ cups of coffee over the course of a year. I don't understand why people insist on calling refills free.

Rushy pls

yXVLO7.gif

Drewfonse

Well' damn. THAT'S how you do a season pass. 176 additional events between now and next June? Not to mention liveries, cars, etc.

Fantastic.

I'm still a bit confused about the online clubs, though. What is the main purpose of joining a club? And how do you join one? I'd be interested in joining the GAF one.

Heroman

Banned
Well' damn. THAT'S how you do a season pass. 176 additional events between now and next June? Not to mention liveries, cars, etc.

Fantastic.

I'm still a bit confused about the online clubs, though. What is the main purpose of joining a club? And how do you join one? I'd be interested in joining the GAF one.

What is a Event and what are liveries?

Instead of saying you can get the PS Plus Edition for free, I usually just say something like "at no additional cost." It doesn't stir up the "its not free" police.

Hedrush

I bought a PS4 just for EA Sports UFC.

The rest of the games are just icing on the cake.

Where you happy with your UFC purchase and I take it you subbed up to ps+ also? Even tho Driveclub was delayed a year there's been plenty of games to keep me occupied. The next 3 months are going to be tough on my wallet tho with so many new games coming out.

Proxy

People are buying the discounted full game with PS+ before trying the PS+ version? Surely it would make sense to try the game first?

I don't have a problem with pre purchasing a game I'm interested in and have consumed a large amount of information and media about. If it turns out I don't like it, well, that's on me. I'll get the most enjoyment out of it as possible and move on.

-

Also I've never understood why some people take umbrage with calling PS+ games free. A year subscription is only $50 and considering you get a ridiculous number of games every year some portion of those games are indeed going to be free.

Auctopus

So what 5 countries would you guys like to see in DC2?

So far I'm thinking:
-Japan
-Italy
-France

and can't decide on my other 2, I thinking somewhere with really blue water

Definitely, Japan.

- USA (California/Colorado)
- Switzerland/Northern Italy (Alps)

They could surprise us again. I would've never picked Chile or India.

The DLC will eventually have a new country right?

Riky

$MSFT
People are buying the discounted full game with PS+ before trying the PS+ version? Surely it would make sense to try the game first?

That's what I'll be doing, after the last couple of Motorstorm games the jury is out on Evolution for me.

jiiikoo

Banned
Usually when it says waiting, after a couple of minutes it should say downloading. Mine just says added to download queue when I select 'download to ps4'

I preordered it yesterday and it still says "Waiting" :D Have had the PS4 in sleep mode with all the settings correct and nothing.

I found it weird that the trophies are separated. The tour portion of the game is not needed for the platinum, for those that care about such things.

Probably because they wanted the ps+ version to be platinum eligible. The Tour trophies probably involve locations and tracks not in the ps+ game

Late Flag

I found it weird that the trophies are separated. The tour portion of the game is not needed for the platinum, for those that care about such things.

I think that's so people with just the PS+ version can get the platinum. The tour is the only part they're excluded from, so those trophies are separate.

DOWN

Banned
Free refills aren't free. You paid $5.00 for those thousand+ cups of coffee over the course of a year. I don't understand why people insist on calling refills free.
This is silly. If you've made up for the original cost already, you can call anything after free. PS+ games are free for many, because the number of discounts it already gave them access to write off the cost of the service in the first place. If you were going to spend $40 on games and content that PS+ gives you, and you end up saving $100, you get to say you're getting free stuff. Hell, you can say it's free stuff if you are just counting the fact that you are getting online play access for the fee and any discounts and games are free to you since the cost to have multiplayer access was a sunk cost anyway.

If I'm buying online multiplayer access no matter what, then the games and discounts PS+ gives me can be called free sensibly.

Hedrush

I preordered it yesterday and it still says "Waiting" :D Have had the PS4 in sleep mode with all the settings correct and nothing.

Your in the UK yeah? Apparantly we can't pre load until Thursday but we will be able to play the ps+ "demo" from Wednesday. Totally fucking bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom