• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

They raised it? Used to be $50.

Nope sorry, fixed!

They would need a system in place to disallow people from preloading content that wouldn't be able to own due to their subscription would run out right before it's released. I thought about dtrategically subbing only for the free games I wanted tied to my account until I was ready to commit all the way with those games waiting.

But they could allow you to download it, even if your subscription expires while downloading; because if I'm not mistaken you wont be able to play anyway if your subscription expire, even if its on your HDD already.

Jimrpg

Nothing bizarre about it.

PS plus games had never had the preload.

Ok I just read here that the upgrade version will preload.

Though it doesn't seem that way on the AU psn? Mine says there's still two days to go on the countdown. Which makes it the 8th of October which is the release day. I'm assuming that's when funds get deducted out of my bank account and when it starts downloading. I don't think it will start downloading before I pay any money. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I thought the wait would get worse the closer we got to release, but it's been the opposite for me. We will all be playing this pretty shortly!

Hedrush

Because that is the release date.

And the PS+ Edition will be downloadable from Friday in the UK, not Wednesday.

It's actually the Thursday you can pre load, not Wednesday, my mistake. Still fucking sucks tho. I could get the retail on the Wednesday but it's £50.

Late Flag

It not free cause you are paying for ps plus.

When people refer to PS+ games as "free" games, we all know what they mean, right? Take this guy, for example:

I probably shouldn't make do post like that. I am hype for this game, one of the reason is that it the only 1st ps4 exclusive of the fall, also cause it free with plus , well part of it is . It might be different for other people. Sorry that I over generalized.

No need to nitpick this kind of stuff.

Ploid 3.0

Nope sorry, fixed!

But they could allow you to download it, even if your subscription expires while downloading; because if I'm not mistaken you wont be able to play anyway if your subscription expire, even if its on your HDD already.

But when you want to play it you can resub at any time qith it waiting on yoi. I have a few games tagged to my account if I ever rwsub.

PSN says expected Preload date is 5th October. 12 hrs already gone, still not started.
LLShC.gif

Hedrush

No, you said you could play the PS+ Edition on Wednesday. Which is not true in the UK, it is Friday.

No I said I can download the ps+ demo version on Wednesday. I thought the pre load was Wednesday also but it's the Thursday the 9th. The official release date for the full game in the UK is Friday the 10th.

Y1jHbSJ.jpg

It just sucks we need to wait 2 more days to play while the rest of the world is enjoying the game.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm sad guys. Just found out I'm working from 5-12:30am Monday night so I might not be able to get to my nearest Gamestop quick enough to get the game after. :( Feels bad man.

nikos

From bk ? Not worth it ! I thought you was in manhattan already within train distance. Maybe someone from bk can help you bro. I'm a few bus stops away from 225
I mean if it were guaranteed, I'd already be on the train. I have a feeling they'd hit me with the street date though.

Jimrpg

ps+ is for playing online, the monthly games are to sweeten the deal. im not paying for ps+ just to get driveclub

Really so when I hit the button for Download on the game it is going to ask me for money?

Man good to know. Is it 10$? 5$?

Ok seriously this argument has to stop. Ps plus costs $50 a month, so yeah it's a dollar a game but it still costs money. But whatever floats your boat.

Atleast there is a ps+ edition and not just a demo. You will be able to experience 1/5th the full game and get a major taste of the product for free. Pretty sure that is well handled. We just have to wait for what 6:00pm or so? No biggie.

Well it's like getting GT prologue.

My beef is if the upgrade doesn't preload when the normal edition for people without ps plus preloads. Again people have said te upgrade preloads so it's not as big an issue. But still the ps plus version should also preload. Considering it's essentially the same game and people are downloading 15gb with most of the content locked away.

It's the same deal as when they first announced the upgrade and that even though ppl paid full price, if the ps plus sub ran out, then the game would be locked out. Just a ridiculous decision that was luckily overturned by gamers calling sony out on it.

Also as a personal side note, I really want preloading for this, I'm on a shitty Internet connection (4mbps that performs like a dial up at times) that could at best take an entire day to download 15gb and a week at worst so yeah preloading will help me.

lol...looks like someone has reported my stream and my account got banned. I even got an warning from Sony that my PSN-Account could get banned if I don`t stop.

jiiikoo

Banned
lol...looks like someone has reported my stream and my account got banned. I even got an warning from Sony that my PSN-Account could get banned if I don`t stop.

I've never understood why companies do this. It's not the customers fault a store is selling it early, go after them, not the guys buying...

I've been playing with manual transmission on semi-pro difficulty. Guess I'm going back to automatic and lower the difficulty settings, I've reached my limit :(

I might cancel my amazon pre-order and go digital after seeing the price. I'd save a tenner and i think i'd like DC to be ready-to-go like my digital Destiny... tempting.

Also, is the Season Pass up for sale in the UK? I've only found announcements so far.

Hoje0308

Banned
I've been playing with manual transmission on semi-pro difficulty. Guess I'm going back to automatic and lower the difficulty settings, I've reached my limit :(

After 15 years of blowing the doors off the awful AI in GT, this has me excited. Hopefully I'm yelling at my TV and slapping my wheel in anger at some point this week. Starting to feel some Motorstorm nostalgia now!

Certinty

People are buying the discounted full game with PS+ before trying the PS+ version? Surely it would make sense to try the game first?

jiiikoo

Banned
my preload is starting, east coast.

Come on EU. Start the preload already :< It's funny though, it doesn't say that there's such a thing as preloading. It just says "This content will unlock on the 8th", and not like in the pic a bit up of my post that says "released on the 10th, available on the 9th".

Tux

I'm a bit too hyped at this point. I need someone to start dropping negative impressions. Please include words like "Meh", "generic", "sterile" etc. I just need it to ensure some mental stability.

I'm not worried anymore. Instead, I'm SCARED. If I don't end up liking the game come Tuesday, I will meltdown so bad. My stint on GAF started in a Driveclub thread a year ago. It may just end in a Driveclub thread.

Please don't be bad.

:'(

It depends on how the total immersion of the game will take you. With the right force feed back wheel, level of competition (AI and Players), the control and feel of the variety of cars, plus the music and atmosphere, it will be the total package that tell this story.

The cars handling might be arcadey. But the atmosphere is definitely realistic sim!

For pure Sim I'll leave that to Project Cars and GT7.

Hedrush

People are buying the discounted full game with PS+ before trying the PS+ version? Surely it would make sense to try the game first?

No, I bought my ps4 at launch just for this game. I have complete faith in evolution to make a stellar racer, just look at their track record. Day 1 for me.

N° 2048

No, I bought my ps4 at launch just for this game. I have complete faith in evolution to make a stellar racer, just look at their track record. Day 1 for me.

I bought a PS4 just for EA Sports UFC.

The rest of the games are just icing on the cake.

jiiikoo

Banned

Of course it would make sense, but more sense would wait until the game is on sale in a couple of years and get it even cheaper with all the impressions in the world.

But nah, why not get it now?

Damn people getting it Tuesday yet my countdown time is at 4 days. :( I've completed Mordor and Destiny has overstayed it's welcome. I need another game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom