• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

viveks86

Challenges are up? Oh god. I won't be getting home until VERY early next morning... guess I won't be getting any sleep :/

Still no Driveclub app, either :(

App is probably the last thing on their priorities. Still need to get notifications up. Apparently there is a lot of optimization for challenges pending as well. But they are finally here to stay.

After next week, you will say goodbye to sleep. I know I am.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
App is probably the last thing on their priorities. Still need to get notifications up. Apparently there is a lot of optimization for challenges pending as well. But they are finally here to stay.

what happens next week?

MMaRsu

Weather patch pls bro!!!!!!

kyser73

OMFG HOW GOOD IS THE CATERHAM?!?!

I thought it couldn't get better than the BAC, but the KZM and especially the Caterham lightweights are absolutely brilliant.

viveks86

what happens next week?

Weather patch pls bro!!!!!!

tumblr_mlix0y4BGE1r1mr1po1_400.gif

Man...fuck challenges. They just remind me how bad I am at games :(

Just spent an hour and a half on a stupid time trial with the Golf GTI.

Still 24th place and 17 seconds behind #1. And was probably as perfect a run as I can manage.

*throws controller*

Shaneus

I already have. Game is crack, and next week it sounds like she'll be forcing me to freebase her 24/7 :/

So I set a time for a challenge and it updated the leaderboard and put me in 1st place. But when I went back to that same challenge a little later the leaderboard didn't have a time registered for me at all.

Still seems wonky. If it shows up at some point again, great. If not, then I'm going to wait until things are 100% before really going for it.

Shaneus

I hope none of the challenges you guys have sent me have an expiry of 24 hours or so, because it's unlikely I'll get to them.

Nafai1123

Banned

I thought it couldn't get better than the BAC, but the KZM and especially the Caterham lightweights are absolutely brilliant.

Dude, I just tried the Caterham tonight.....hooooly shit it's so good.

The challenges being up are awesome. Sent out a couple and tried a couple. On the downside, the game crashed twice tonight which has never happened before. Hopefully it doesn't become a pattern :(

Really enjoying getting back into this game, especially now that I have more tour stuff and more cars to drive!

viveks86

So I set a time for a challenge and it updated the leaderboard and put me in 1st place. But when I went back to that same challenge a little later the leaderboard didn't have a time registered for me at all.

Still seems wonky. If it shows up at some point again, great. If not, then I'm going to wait until things are 100% before really going for it.

Yeah it's still "beta" in many ways. That's why there is no official update

Yeah it's still "beta" in many ways. That's why there is no official update
Yeah, sometimes a soft launch is the right move.

Just checked a little while ago and my challenge score returned. I guess they're still working out some kinks, but at least it does seem to be keeping score.

I was testing it out earlier tonight in one of the final Norway events in the main tour, and while I could beat the Monos, those Atoms still ate my lunch, every time. Still a fun drive though - so fast and so low to the ground.

chadskin

Dem challenges, awesome awesome AWESOME. I didn't expect them to be anything special but boy, the way the system works and all, so damn fun to have a go at a specific track/car/time of day setting, directly compete against friends and strangers and beat their times.

This, folks, is a game changer.

Dem challenges, awesome awesome AWESOME. I didn't expect them to be anything special but boy, the way the system works and all, so damn fun to have a go at a specific track/car/time of day setting, directly compete against friends and strangers and beat their times.

Yeah it's added a whole new level to the game, did a couple of the club challenges earlier this morning, didn't set the boards alight with times, think I got a 6th place, but now we can actually work as clubs. Something that I've been looking forward to for a long time! Hopefully our team leader will come back soon!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I guess Challenges are out now, I had 57 GAME ALERTS from Driveclub yesterday. :D
(mildly annoying though the amount of spam you get from this game)

Yeah, same. Essentially they're like mini-leaderboards on pre-defined tracks and cars but yet... must beat the bugger at the top!

Nice to get Fame for it. Not that I need it.

Merun

315/315 stars. Ready for next week!

I have no idea how some people drive in challenge race, can't catch their chrono even when going full throttle and barely any braking in a Mono. Also I need to do something about my club full of random who stopped playing ( no idea how it reached level 30 ). If I kick people, do I lose fame?

Melchiah

The challenges worked fine and were fun when I played some yesterday, although one of those I got from randoms didn't save my race. I just wish you could browse through them by racing type, location, and possibly also by a car. I also wish there was an option to send a challenge back to a random that sent one to you.

I guess Challenges are out now, I had 57 GAME ALERTS from Driveclub yesterday. :D

I think it will die down I would imagine that it's high due to people trying to cheese the challenge trophies while people are not playing the game so much.

Korezo

7 straight online race fail connects, the online is still as bad as ever. I guess they did nothing and just turned on challenges because this is just as bad as launch now trying to get into a race. Its impossible for me at the moment. Worthless ass dev.

Melchiah

Two friends of mine got spammed by me as I had to send the challenges to them twice, because I accidentally set the default time limit of 30 minutes. =) I kinda wonder what's the point of that short limit, I mean it would be quite a coincident that some of your friends were ready to play the game in that narrow window of time.

7 straight online race fail connects, the online is still as bad as ever. I guess they did nothing and just turned on challenges because this is just as bad as launch now trying to get into a race. Its impossible for me at the moment. Worthless ass dev.

The online has been pretty solid for weeks but the challenges were turned on for the first time last night which will have added to the server load - not hard to figure out really. They now know what the situation is and will continue to improve from there. Is there really any need for that ending comment?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I think it will die down I would imagine that it's high due to people trying to cheese the challenge trophies while people are not playing the game so much.

Half the challenges I've received seem to be ones I can't even accept and try because they use cars I don't have unlocked.

Great design there Evolution, you should allow people to use the cars set for the challenge in question even if they don't normally have access to it. What an oversight..

Korezo

The online has been pretty solid for weeks but the challenges were turned on for the first time last night which will have added to the server load - not hard to figure out really. They now know what the situation is and will continue to improve from there. Is there really any need for that ending comment?

So challenges work but now multiplayer doesn't. I cant connect to none. This is joke status already.

So challenges work but now multiplayer doesn't. I cant connect to none. This is joke status already.

Well I managed to play online but I did have more disconnects than usual. The challenges worked fine but some of the leaderboards didn't load. If you can't connect to any of the play modes is it a local problem?

Half the challenges I've received seem to be ones I can't even accept and try because they use cars I don't have unlocked.

Great design there Evolution, you should allow people to use the cars set for the challenge in question even if they don't normally have access to it. What an oversight..

Ouch yeah I certainly agree with that, at least give you access to the challenge car for that race else there is little point in the whole process.

Melchiah

That's odd, as it shows only players of same level when I'm sending challenges. Naturally that doesn't apply to club challenges, as clubs can include members of various levels.

kyser73

Cater ham, cockpit view, night, Wester Ross.

The freaking blades of grass are taller than this car. Driving through the castle with just headlights & grass to navigate with was intense.

That's odd, as it shows only players of same level when I'm sending challenges. Naturally that doesn't apply to club challenges, as clubs can include members of various levels.
Yeah I'm seeing max'd out players here, all level 50s like I am.

They also contain player names I've seen before, so I'm wondering if it picks out some similar leaderboard times to you and suggests those people, as they'll be best suited to match or beat your time.

le-seb

That's odd, as it shows only players of same level when I'm sending challenges.
Probably not, as I've personally received several challenges requiring the Gumpert Apollo (unlocked at driver level 40), although I'm only level 38. Found that frustrating, by the way.

Challenges are really fun. I spent more time than I'd like to admit yesterday on them. I have like zero chance of ever winning a community one but, it's still fun to try.

Well I managed to play online but I did have more disconnects than usual. The challenges worked fine but some of the leaderboards didn't load. If you can't connect to any of the play modes is it a local problem?

Most likely not, especially if other games work fine. The game still has some disconnect problems for me as well.

GodofWine

Weather patch incoming confirmed. ;-)

For who else is this game the GOTY?

In terms of fun, for me it's this or War Thunder (I know it was out before this year but not on my ps4)

Some of these challenges are HARD, it like Venom Hot Lap hard..

Man...fuck challenges. They just remind me how bad I am at games :(

Just spent an hour and a half on a stupid time trial with the Golf GTI.

Still 24th place and 17 seconds behind #1. And was probably as perfect a run as I can manage.

*throws controller*

Lol! Don't worry! As a long time gamer and racer I face this frustration the whole time. Spent ages trying to get a time which was way behind the others. I wish now my time wasn't even registered. Whatever, enjoying the game immensely!

Lol! Don't worry! As a long time gamer and racer I face this frustration the whole time. Spent ages trying to get a time which was way behind the others. I wish now my time wasn't even registered. Whatever, enjoying the game immensely!

Haha yeah it's still a lot of fun :)

I guess the rule is that no matter how good you are at something, there's always someone better than you

AndyD

aka andydumi
Haha yeah it's still a lot of fun :)

I guess the rule is that no matter how good you are at something, there's always someone better than you

Yep. I got dozens of challenges already and barely can scratch the mid pack for most. BUt that's part of the fun with driving games and accepting your skill ceiling.

murgo

Well, I just put in the disc again and noticed my club is empty. Everyone left. Looks like GAFterds is no more :(
Is there any GAF Club that needs another member?

Merun

Well, I just put in the disc again and noticed my club is empty. Everyone left. Looks like GAFterds is no more :(
Is there any GAF Club that needs another member?

My club is full of random who are no longer playing, but I never created my club in relation to GAF since it was before my account was validated.

Still if you wish to get in a level 30 club, I can make some room. Club is "Eurobeat" ( bonus point if you do listen to Eurobeat while driving ! )

murgo

My club is full of random who are no longer playing, but I never created my club in relation to GAF since it was before my account was validated.

Still if you wish to get in a level 30 club, I can make some room. Club is "Eurobeat" ( bonus point if you do listen to Eurobeat while driving ! )

Well, I just had to google and check some videos on Youtube.. but yeah, Eurobeat is pretty cool :) I'll gladly join if you got room!

So if you have free choice, what cars do you choose to use for each class ?

Mine are :-

Hatchback - Mini
Sports - DeZir
Performance - RUF / FF
Super - Atom / McLaren 12C
Hyper - Zonda / Lykan

Honourable mentions to RS5, Mono & Venom too

The DeZir, Atom and Lykan I'd pick are prolly a bit unusual, anyone else choose something out of the ordinary?

Top Bottom