• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I'm not big into multiplayer racing, is this game got a decent single player? Really itching for a racer on ps4 and doubt the ps+ version will come anytime soon.

Bluenova

Neo Member
I'm not big into multiplayer racing, is this game got a decent single player? Really itching for a racer on ps4 and doubt the ps+ version will come anytime soon.

Man, like the Motorstorms before it, I think single player tour is really fun and have great challenges and times of day for the tracks. But at same time I use the single event a lot, either i set up custom race against AI or do time trials. This is a pure racer. Played few hundred hours of MS, and most likely will w/ Driveclub too.

Multiplayer racing is secondary for me too.

Aside: Everyone I've seen waiting for PS+ and already loves racing games... I really think waiting for the free version with just India, will not be that satisfying nor does it make that much sense, you'll want the rest of the tracks right away. LOL

What's cool is you can play it strictly as a single-player game, but it will still pop up and say, "Hey, so-and-so ran this sector this well… Think you can do better??" You can completely ignore it if you want, but it's actually a nice little incentive to clean up your racing a bit, and earns you bonus xp and such if you beat them.

USF

Got my issue sorted out thanks to Rushy.
Had to set my PS4 as the primary console for both my EU & NA accounts. Go back one page if you want to read my issue with the game/dlc content.

Thanks!

FireSol

Same with me, but time trials against other players ghosts is addicted, some times i can spend around 40 mnutes at single track just to see how good I can be

Nyx

Online racing sometimes is weird... I'm in 4th place, no one passes me, and all of a sudden I'm 6th?

What is this?

Something I've noticed more recently when playing online is instead of rage quitting, peeps are hanging around and waiting for the leaders to come around again to lap them so they can mess them up.

http://youtu.be/KnnlZj2gQj0

I'd had a poor start and slowly chased the leader down over the next 3 laps to take the lead when this happened...

Check out the vid from 4.20 to see a back marker suddenly start racing again when I arrive to lap him then deliberately put me into the trees - check out the apt name too!

There have been more new guys on recently so I can understand some frustration but this dude was a level 42.

Hyped for the weather patch, please be soon.

Me too! It'll be interesting to see how the weather patch affects the car choice - for example I think the RUF is the quickest in the performance class but would you fancy it in rain & snow with that twitchy back end?

benzy

Any news on weather? It's December now :)

Update just went online.

yvmewc.gif

Fenzer

a note to RUSHY

I noticed a bug online. I did my first race online with the DeZir. There were two choices of car : DeZir or M5.
I took the DeZir and there was no sound during the race from my opponents who took the M5. As if every car on the track was electric

Shaneus

So. I, um, found a bug that affects at least the DeZir drift event in Photo Finish. As a result, I now have the #5 score in the world for that event ^_^

Note: It was not deliberate so I didn't know that it would even register anything, but... yeah. Truth be known, I was just glad to have been done with that event.

Melchiah

I got the 1000 mile (1610km) trophy last night from playing only the single player side. So yes, it's definitely more than decent. Frankly, I'd say it's pretty frigging good. ;)

Online racing sometimes is weird... I'm in 4th place, no one passes me, and all of a sudden I'm 6th?

What is this?

I've had this on a couple of occasions where it's like half the drivers are in a different race - I know because I've suddenly dropped down the rankings without anyone passing me and on the final results table the cars they were using weren't actually available in the race I was playing. Very rare, I've played 2-3 hours every night since launch and it's happened twice.

Goldrusher

If you want a decent single player, you're going to have to buy the game anyway. The Plus-version will only have 1 location (India/jungle) and only quick race (pick a track and a car, and go racing).

It won't have all sorts of special events (like Germany vs England, KTM vs Ariel, etc.), no championships, no Norway (snow), no Scotland (countryside), no Chile (desert), no Canada (forest).

dano1

A Sheep

It might not have the variations like GT6 but I consider the actual racing to be more fun. And how they incorporate the club and friends list is great. Got to have the fastest times!! Must buy for any racing fan. And the season pass is a must if your into single player!

a note to RUSHY

I noticed a bug online. I did my first race online with the DeZir. There were two choices of car : DeZir or M5.
I took the DeZir and there was no sound during the race from my opponents who took the M5. As if every car on the track was electric
Opponents are very quiet. You will hardly hear them.

If you go in a quick single race don't go off the line, and you'll hear just how quiet they are as they all pull away.

Especially if you play with music you'll only really hear them as you overtake them, though some cars are more audible than others, if anything thanks to them sounding a lot different from others.

Pena

Neo Member
If you are actually navigating through those tricky parts really well, then you should be gaining lead on the AI (though, not too much in harder races). Seems like you just THINK you are doing well when you're not doing some corners as well/fast as you could and that lets the AI drivers gain on you fast. The AI is quick to punish you of that. There is zero rubberbanding when the gamer is in the lead. The AI doesn't suddenly gain speed past the normal limits of the cars, the same limits your own has.

Yeah, and even that is when you're REALLY behind and mostly severely affects the bottom half of the AI racers until you've reached them. In one of the new events released yesterday, I screwed up pretty badly and yeah, I could reach the AI drivers pretty easily, but if I wasn't driving almost perfectly, then I had a hard time keeping the 3rd-6th place driver behind me or shorten the distance between me and the AI drivers that were 1st & 2nd.

Ahh now I'm starting to get the hang of it, I was too hasty with my judgement.
There should be an option to disable the rubberbanding tho, I mean I kinda like it the way it is now and I probably would race most of my races with rubberbanding on but I feel something is missing when the other drivers are slowing down.
The unforgiving pure racing element or something...

EDIT: ...but I guess "no rubberbanding" won't work because you start from the back and the races are just a few laps..

I dare any of you to drive the MONO and tell me it feels the same as it's been in the past week. It under/over steering more and normal.

And for those of you that think Developers have to patch/update a game in order to make changes you're wrong. There's certain things that don't need update or patch. They can make the changes internally without having you download an update.

I only play Super/Hyper cars so I don't know about the rest. The Zonda R is driving fine

No, it does not feel the same. More fun though as it balances on understeer/oversteer. I've experienced some nice lift-off oversteer moments after entering a corner too hot.

system11

Sooo.....

Those expansions and cars they released free, instead of charging for them. Had the launch not been such a disaster this was going to be paid unlocks of things cynically cut from the game.

lordxar

Sooo.....

Those expansions and cars they released free, instead of charging for them. Had the launch not been such a disaster this was going to be paid unlocks of things cynically cut from the game.

Part was regularly scheduled freebies for everyone and the rest was for Season Pass holders. Only difference is all of it was free for those who bought the game as repayment for the bad start. No different than any other DLC or season pass for any game.

Shaneus

I dare any of you to drive the MONO and tell me it feels the same as it's been in the past week. It under/over steering more and normal.

And for those of you that think Developers have to patch/update a game in order to make changes you're wrong. There's certain things that don't need update or patch. They can make the changes internally without having you download an update.

I only play Super/Hyper cars so I don't know about the rest. The Zonda R is driving fine
Have there been any patches released/downloaded by yourself since before and after the handling changed? I doubt there would be a server thing where it would download patches in the background, but maybe there is.

I know the X-Bow is twitchy as hell and I hate it (just 3-starred the X-Bow event last night, took forever to finish first) but I haven't played the Mono for a bit as I've completed the accolade for it.

Sooo.....

Right now , i ...
Tactical_Facepalm.jpg

In all seriousness the dlc plans have been annonced and explained way before the release of the game , including the free and paid event that were scheduled. 1 google search would have given you that information before you've made your post.

And the "cynically cut" doesn't even make sense . How about you make a research before you post ?

Melchiah

Sooo.....

Here's the content plan, that was announced before the game was released.

bun9VIL.jpg

Due to the network issues we just got the first cars, tours and liveries for free. Notice how the tracks, and some of the cars have been meant to be free all along.

dano1

A Sheep
Sooo.....

I think your looking for a yes....

Nyx

bun9VIL.jpg

Due to the network issues we just got the first cars, tours and liveries for free. Notice how the tracks, and some of the cars have been meant to be free all along.

More free tracks this month!
Going to buy the season pass before Xmas.

system11

So it confirms what I suspected then - at least some of the future content is already on the disc, part of the finished product, locked behind a season pass. I just wanted to understand whether they were planning to sell actual DLC where new things are created and then sold, or unlock codes where they decide how much to cut for release and charge for later.

Other games do this and get a lot of heat for it, curious nobody really talked about it on this one. Granted it's not fully evil since at least some of it is being given away for free, but it's still dirty.

viveks86

So it confirms what I suspected then

No it doesn't. You are reading between the lines to reinforce baseless assumptions.

- at least some of the future content is already on the disc

Can you show me any post above that said this? The DLC content is not on the disk. It was part of 1.07 download and new content will continue to be downloadable packs.

I just wanted to understand whether they were planning to sell actual DLC where new things are created and then sold

That is exactly what they are doing. Because the game got delayed by almost a year, they got a head start that allowed them to release the planned DLC as a constant stream of content every month following launch. They are indeed new things being created and sold that are not on disk

or unlock codes where they decide how much to cut for release and charge for later.

False. They are not unlock codes

curious nobody really talked about it on this one.

Because it isn't true. Hope that clears it up

djjinx2

So it confirms what I suspected then - at least some of the future content is already on the disc, part of the finished product, locked behind a season pass. I just wanted to understand whether they were planning to sell actual DLC where new things are created and then sold, or unlock codes where they decide how much to cut for release and charge for later.

Other games do this and get a lot of heat for it, curious nobody really talked about it on this one. Granted it's not fully evil since at least some of it is being given away for free, but it's still dirty.

Thank god Viveks explained it, I was just going to post a facepalm gif.

New track will be Atlantic Road (I hope)

Denur

If I were a betting man, I'd place my bets on remaining existing locations before Japan. We are getting 2 tracks this month. And I think one of them will blow our minds :)
The tracks for the current locations are already mind blowing. I guess It's got to be something very special for you to say this. Does that track require the upcoming weather update before it can be made available? (A mud or snow track comes to mind)

Melchiah

More free tracks this month!
Going to buy the season pass before Xmas.

Yeah, can't wait. It's really commendable that all the tracks, which to me are the meat of the game, are being offered for free. I'm still debating on whether to buy the season pass or not. The tours and cars aren't as important to me, but I do like the variety they bring. I also want to support the game as it's offered me a plenty of entertainment, and for being a good old track racer when the open world racers are the current trend.

Nyx

Yeah, can't wait. It's really commendable that all the tracks, which to me are the meat of the game, are being offered for free. I'm still debating on whether to buy the season pass or not. The tours and cars aren't as important to me, but I do like the variety they bring. I also want to support the game as it's offered me a plenty of entertainment, and for being a good old track racer when the open world racers are the current trend.

The Tour Events are the least interesting for me, but I want every car available!

Top Bottom