• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

JamboGT

Really appreciate all the hard work by the way, Private lobbies would just be the icing on the cake, the work done since launch has been great.

Nyx

Really appreciate all the hard work by the way, Private lobbies would just be the icing on the cake, the work done since launch has been great.

Oh yeah they are definitely ''just'' icing on the cake, I am in love with this game right now already and I haven't even seen the weather yet.

The more I play this the more I think this is my favorite racer ever made..

Mung

Sweet mother of.... Those pics.

Thanks Rushy.

Also agree, that with replays, this game will be absolutely brilliant. Already my GOTY.

Tommi84

Very nice touch that they added the map info:

* Adds track maps and stats to each track card in Single Event.

Game was already the best. And now it's just getting better.

benzy

lrktms.gif

Weather is insane, I love how lightning illuminates everything, and if it is behind you it'll make the dash glow with a blue hue. Incredible!

You can't see shit!

wow OMG the rain the snow the sparks the lightning!!!

I am in love with this update I was crashing all over the place because the update had me gushing like a fool

glad I crashed because I saw some red sparks then yellow sparks on another track

not sure why one was red while the other was yellow sparks could be altitude thing

Sinclair Pass is pretty decent track! Track designers done a super job so far.

Capture card chose a nice time to start playing up, but at least we have ye olde Share button.

ikAr9zivnBJGz.jpg

iqQWNpLcvjTtu.jpg

ibcNYb4GCaj2to.jpg

Auctopus

What have Evo created?

The tracks keep getting better and now the weather make it almost a different game entirely.

Sinclair Pass is terrific.

garyBig

Damn Evo this stuff transforms the game like crazy. I am beyond amazed at your accomplishment. It's madness playing with precipitation after all this time on the dry tracks. Stunning does not begin to describe it. Season pass is a no brainer now for me.

Oh and I LOVE that perfect implementation of the windscreen effect.

murgo

Man, fuck that DeZir drift. Fuck it to DEATH!

I can't do this shit. I managed to beat every other fucking drift so far, but this one is fucking IMPOSSIBLE :(

Edit: After about a million tries I finally did it. Jesus Christ...

desmaiando.gif

The lightning will strike metal and cause sparks too. Evo programmers and artists are insane.

wngvjt.gif
Yeah that happened for literally the first lightning I witnessed as soon as I hopped into Atlantic Road on my first stormy race!

Incredible!

Only criticism would be... where's the thunder sound effects?

Looks like the What's New style feed is also on its way, I have a down icon now on the home screen, though can't actually press down to view anything :p

-Amon-

Wow at the last patch.... This weather thing is a freaking miracle guys!!!

What a game, in the present state there is nothing around in the same genre that touches it.

SmokyDave

Yup, some kind of Ferrari.
So, in theory, could you not use that car for a single player offline event?

Edit: Just found a screenshot. Yeah, that's a bizarre move. I can't understand why on earth you'd put such a strange restriction in place.

Pallaris

Quick question - I want to get this off the store (UK) which version do i need to buy?.

I know there's the psplus version that got delayed and there's one other listing that is not for sale. There's also a psplus full game upgrade. Will this one work (offline) if my psplus expires? Confused.

thanks

garyBig

Yeah, I was hoping for some thunder sounds... Strangely missing.

Now that you mention it, doesn't it miss the rain sound hitting the roof and windshield?

Yep, both seem to be missing or waaay too quiet. But I'm sure the next months will only improve on what is amazeballs already. But yeah, as of right now, the sound doesn't match the visual spectacle yet imo. (Also I saw like three moving trees on the new Canada track, so there ARE trees swaying in the storm, but only... about three right now lol)

Moozo

The Britain V Germany event on the DLC is literally the most frustrating thing I have ever played in a video game. Someone actually designed this and thought: "that's fun!" Unbelievable.

P.s. Did this patch apply superglue to all the walls are something? Totally unforgiving now. You basically have to be perfect or you're not finishing anywhere other than last

AndyD

aka andydumi
The Britain V Germany event on the DLC is literally the most frustrating thing I have ever played in a video game. Someone actually designed this and thought: "that's fun!" Unbelievable.

P.s. Did this patch apply superglue to all the walls are something? Totally unforgiving now. You basically have to be perfect or you're not finishing anywhere other than last

Ditto on both of those. It's become significanlty more difficult with the walls as even a light tap affects you greatly.

IKizzLE

Ok. Challenges are fixed and weather is in, just ordered driveclub for 35 bucks. Will be here friday. Is their a thread that has a listing of available open clubs? Looking to join one and play all this weekend.

A large snow storm at night is terrifying in this game. My visibility became so bad at one point that I lost control and crashed into a wall! This patch coupled with the challenges finally working has reinvigorated my interest in this game. I seriously tempted to get the rest of the DLC tours now, its nice to have a really fun arcadey racing game, its pretty much exactly what I wanted.

The only thing I'm still really struggling with though is the drift events (especially the later ones). Any tips on what the best way to drift is? What is the best angle to tackle corners?

darkwing

Ok. Challenges are fixed and weather is in, just ordered driveclub for 35 bucks. Will be here friday. Is their a thread that has a listing of available open clubs? Looking to join one and play all this weekend.

cool thing about challenges is you can see how many times it has been tested/tried

Moozo

Weather is so stunning. Can't believe my eyes at some points. It also does a great job of making nearly anything look good in photo mode. I'll post some later.

Top Bottom