• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

DasRaven

Well, that's that! America is coming soon! (Shelby 350R and Camaro Z/28 I hope will follow).
And with Japan (GT-R/LF-A I hope) already confirmed as coming, all I need is a Gallardo Superleggera and Huracan and I'll be in absolute racing heaven.

10714471_737731182977911_7583218965796305363_o.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
so is the weather implemented into mp and the tour mode without having to turn it on?!

The current tour events don't include weather as it would change the qualifying times and whatnot that everyone has set so far. Future tour events probably will. And in MP its optional.

So Sentraltind is my track. It is where my top times are, took the Zonda R out for a spin and heavy precipitation in darkness adds 4.5 secs to my time whereas light precipitation adds 3 secs.

You really can feel the difference and loss of grip too.

Just a suggestion but have you got any alternative on your internet connection (switching to Lan rather than wifi)? I think your getting booted at the stage where it's trying to connect you to the other players. I'm sure it works for fine for other games but some games use different ports that routers block.

On GT5 there was 1 player I could never see, he wouldn't appear on the results page and we could never hear each other, yet other guys could see us both. This happened every time we were online together and must've been down to our routers. On PS2 Socom I used to have to run the router in DMZ mode to be able to talk to all my team!

Does your internet test say NAT type 2?

NAT type 2. Tried all sorts to try and get type 1 but no go.
Just been trying now to get into a game and just sits at 'Connecting to players' and 'Syncing with Lobby' for 20 - 30 seconds and then get the failed to join message.
Really annoying since I've not seen any updates regarding continuing to work on the servers.

edit - I should add that I'm connected with ethernet, have opened all recommended ports and also put the console in DMZ but no difference.

MADGAME

Do you like extra cars, tour events, and livery components at a discount? Then Yay!

All those sound great, but I haven't played the game yet so I'm unfamiliar with tour events and what they entail. Those sound like the meat of the content, arguably cars too if one is unable to purchase individual automobiles.

NAT type 2. Tried all sorts to try and get type 1 but no go.
Just been trying now to get into a game and just sits at 'Connecting to players' and 'Syncing with Lobby' for 20 - 30 seconds and then get the failed to join message.
Really annoying since I've not seen any updates regarding continuing to work on the servers.

edit - I should add that I'm connected with ethernet, have opened all recommended ports and also put the console in DMZ but no difference.

Jeez I guess that kinda rules out that then - where are you based? Maybe try messaging Rushy or contacting Evo? The issues your seeing have been pretty much cured as far as I can tell. Mine works fine on NAT type 2 and 3 has only affected comms for me when it has played up. Daft question but you've tried complete shutdown and reboots of both router & PS4 haven't you?

Jeez I guess that kinda rules out that then - where are you based? Maybe try messaging Rushy or contacting Evo? The issues your seeing have been pretty much cured as far as I can tell. Mine works fine on NAT type 2 and 3 has only affected comms for me when it has played up. Daft question but you've tried complete shutdown and reboots of both router & PS4 haven't you?

Based in the UK. Not sure where the servers are based.
Had a tweet from @driveclub to say that they are still working on the servers so hopefully it improves.
Tried all the usual power cycles. I have a 75Mb/20Mb connection too :(

The Redline Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive, McLaren F1 LM, Renault Alpine A110-50, Ferrari 458 Speciale, and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.

I think I've just had the season pass sold to me...

djjinx2

Quick question - I want to get this off the store (UK) which version do i need to buy?.

I know there's the psplus version that got delayed and there's one other listing that is not for sale. There's also a psplus full game upgrade. Will this one work (offline) if my psplus expires? Confused.

thanks

PS+ Upgrade is the one you need, its your forever!

Use CDKeys to pay a max of 30.99 ;)
http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards/playstation-network-card-35-ps-vita-ps3?

There is 5% off that if you get the code from facebook

Nyx

Man I really am lost for words... Maybe it's because I already loved the game before this weather update but after some day and night timetrials and races in the snow or rain I just can't even describe anymore how good this game in my opinion is...

Such a shame it had a rough start and some overly critical reviews, hope everything will turn out for Evo cause they damn well deserve that despite all the issues the game had.

GodofWine

Reddits ps4 page is like a war zone for Driveclub today.

The down votes seen to be wearing thin...the word of mouth is now strong...I started a rare thread there for the Amazon deal and managed to not be down voted to hell.

SerTapTap

Hey guys, just bought this today due to $35 + Weather Update. Anything I should know before jumping in? Can I still progress story/unlocks while playing on Weather tracks? My immediate priorities are to get the classiest Mercedes availible and melt my face off with that beautiful weather ASAP

The weather and Amazon sale have brought in lots of new people to DriveclubGAF! Make sure you guys ask around for clubs to join if you don't have one.

just bought it , I was lurking in the weather update thread and saw that Gif. Hearing the servers work was a done deal

With the photo and weather patched in, I'm in at this price

Just bought!

Picked up a copy -- thanks for the heads up!

Ordered. For the graphics alone, especially now with the weather update, this is worth it for me. Can't wait to give it a try.

Picked it up all because of the update and good word here. Don't make me regret it.

I am weak and I caved. I almost bought it launch day for full price, so I'm glad I dodged the bullet until now.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Fixed online had put it back on my radar, and the weather patch looked great, couldn't resist at that price.

Went and bought this, the weather is too pretty. Shame it released in the state it did but it seems all good now.

In for a copy. $40 is the price I was willing to pay, so $35 is quite nice. Would have liked a digital code, but I can live with a disk.

I'm in. Going to buy this from Fry's when I go to lunch.

Yay for price matching policies!

Just got mine for $7.15 after signing up for an Amazon card

Price drop + weather patch.
iNe7Lr4.png

Bought. Was gonna wait for ps+ version first but for that price I'll roll the dice.

Just bought it. The screenshot thread did it for me.

I've avoided for a while. But with the recent updates and the price cut, I bit. My copy will be here Wednesday.

Just bit the bullet. Glad I had about $4 in Amazon credit. :p

Hey guys, just bought this today due to $35 + Weather Update. Anything I should know before jumping in? Can I still progress story/unlocks while playing on Weather tracks? My immediate priorities are to get the classiest Mercedes availible and melt my face off with that beautiful weather ASAP

Unfortunately the current Tour (campaign) events aren't compatible with weather as it would mess up existing leaderboards, but future Tour events will be. Y

You can however, start doing single races, time trials, and drift events to get your feet (or tires) wet. Then you can start issuing challenges to people and trying your hand at others.

Merun

There is the free Mercedes-AMG GT available on the store and as such, usable right from the start. It's also quite a fun car to drive, but hard at the beginning.

SerTapTap

There is the free Mercedes-AMG GT available on the store and as such, usable right from the start. It's also quite a fun car to drive, but hard at the beginning.

I'll give it a shot, I'm not the best at racing games though, heh. But I popped in burnout Paradise the other day and was reminded how relaxing it can be. IS there a car recommended for beginners? I think I'll try the AMG GT since it's the new hotness but I should probably have a fallback. Last racing game I played was, uh, Mario Kart 8 I guess if it even counts. Last non-open world non-cart racer...I think it might have been GT5

Mokubba

Downloaded the weather Patch

Bought the Seasons Pass

Got the Unbeatable Trophy
The legit way

It's been a good day.

I did. I shelved the game for a month or so to wait for all the online stuff to be sorted out, and kind of disappeared from the OT.

What happened? Can you link me?
Just search this thread for Japan. Someone uploaded a video of the community event they did just before launch and the content was in the menus but without background images, alas the screen transitions made the text visible so someone saw it said Japan.

Just search this thread for Japan. Someone uploaded a video of the community event they did just before launch and the content was in the menus but without background images, alas the screen transitions made the text visible so someone saw it said Japan.

Found it. I even made a post in the middle of the page where everyone is talking about Japan haha. Somehow I just totally missed it/forgot

Lulu23

I might jump in without trying the PS+ Edition first as I originally intended, if there is a deal as great as the 35$ one in Germany. The weather looks amazing, and I'm a massive sucker for pretty graphics.

SerTapTap

So what's the deal with clubs anyway? Hopefully it's something I can break out of without permanent consequence? I know there's challenges and stuff, but I dont' know how big of a commitment it is.

Auctopus

Not loving that Redline car pack. I mean, the McLaren F1 is a legendary vehicle, I like that. The Chevy might be interesting too.

But the other 3 are essentially reskins? I know, underneath they are different/electric but there's only so many SLSes a game can have.

Edit: Where are people hearing that America is the next country? I was thinking Japan.

Dave_6

Well, add me to the "bought the game today after seeing the weather update" club! :)

Quick question; is it just me or is the sound really low in this game? I've got a well set up 5.1 surround in my living room and just about any other game sounds great and loud enough. This one 'sounds good' but it's just really quiet compared to others.

I'm not an expert on the club features but I'll try to break it down as best I can for the newbies:

Any fame points you earn in events, whether they are in Tour (campaign), single events/time trials, or multiplayer, will not only get added to your XP and level you up, but also pooled to your club's XP to level them up as well. So you can still contribute to your club's success and ranking even without racing with them.

Certain cars in the game can only be unlocked by having your club reach a certain level, so if you want access to everything it's important to join a club that is relatively active and interested in doing so. This also means if you leave your club you won't have access to them, and if you join a new club they'll need to be the right level.

In addition to solo challenges, which are basically conditions and times someone sends you to beat, club challenges also exist. You can undertake the challenge by yourself on behalf of your club, and the person on your club who posts the best result will be what determines your club's overall ranking for that event. So again, you can still help out your club while playing alone.

Private lobbies are not yet in the game so if you want to actually race with your club, you simply have to join up together in an in-game session and then hop into multiplayer together. It should put you on the same team.

You can leave a club and join another one immediately with no consequence other than potentially losing the club specific cars that had been unlocked for you (depending on what level your new club is). Your individual XP and level are not affected when you leave a club, and if I understand correctly, neither is your club's XP/level. Your contributions to them have already been made and the XP you acquired for your club remains with them even once you leave. (Not 100% on this but I am pretty sure that's the case)

Hope that explains some of it.

Merun

I'll give it a shot, I'm not the best at racing games though, heh. But I popped in burnout Paradise the other day and was reminded how relaxing it can be. IS there a car recommended for beginners? I think I'll try the AMG GT since it's the new hotness but I should probably have a fallback. Last racing game I played was, uh, Mario Kart 8 I guess if it even counts. Last non-open world non-cart racer...I think it might have been GT5

Your experience in GT5 might help you. Also, you should start with the tour mode; it will take you slowly to the more challenging car of the game.

Funny things I noticed; the Renault DeZir and Twin'Run lacks wipers.

Didn't they also add a new dashboard camera in between hood and cockpit view? I don't remember seeing it before this patch. I like it since I use the hood one which lack the wipers and droplet physic.

Finally some ad since we are going to get an influx of new player: I can make some place in my club "Eurobeat" ! I have random people who stopped playing. Also level 31 so all club cars are unlocked.

Is all of the content that you get with a Season Pass going to purchasable on their own?

The fact that they are naming each individual DLC pack like "Ignition" and "Redline" makes me think it'll be easy to sell those as standalone in the store, and I'm guessing that's what they will do.

Neil_J_UK

Am I being really stupid? I went to the store and 'bought' all the free DLC, including the ignition and phot-finish tours, but nothing downloaded and they just said purchased. When I load up the game, it just says 'coming soon' on the ignition/photo-finish tour logo. How do I play them?

Top Bottom