• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Am I being really stupid? I went to the store and 'bought' all the free DLC, including the ignition and phot-finish tours, but nothing downloaded and they just said purchased. When I load up the game, it just says 'coming soon' on the ignition/photo-finish tour logo. How do I play them?

The items don't come from the store itself, it's just used to grant you "access" to them. They are actually downloaded via the game patches. Make sure your Driveclub has the latest version installed by using "Check for update" on it via the options button.

SerTapTap

Your experience in GT5 might help you. Also, you should start with the tour mode; it will take you slowly to the more challenging car of the game.

Funny things I noticed; the Renault DeZir and Twin'Run lacks wipers.

Didn't they also a new dashboard camera in between hood and cockpit view? I don't remember seeing it before this patch. I like it since I use the hood one which lack the wipers and droplet physic.

Finally some ad since we are going to get an influx of new player: I can make some place in my club "Eurobeat" ! I have random people who stopped playing. Also level 31 so all club cars are unlocked.

I figured I'd probably end up doing Tour for unlocks and stuff. I want to sneak some peeks at the weather in between that too though.

Dash camera sounds interesting. I can't stand "from the bumper" view, that sounds like a good alternative. I assume I'll be mostly in cockpit view though, the interiors seem like they look pretty good. Still look a bit plasticy compared to the real thing but getting pretty damn close.

Clubs have limited space? I was hoping there was some "all the GAF" group I could join or something to not worry about size/progress

Neil_J_UK

The items don't come from the store itself, it's just used to grant you "access" to them. They are actually downloaded via the game patches. Make sure your Driveclub has the latest version installed by using "Check for update" on it via the options button.

Yep, I have the latest version. I restarted the game and still have the same issue.

NAT type 2. Tried all sorts to try and get type 1 but no go.
Just been trying now to get into a game and just sits at 'Connecting to players' and 'Syncing with Lobby' for 20 - 30 seconds and then get the failed to join message.
Really annoying since I've not seen any updates regarding continuing to work on the servers.

edit - I should add that I'm connected with ethernet, have opened all recommended ports and also put the console in DMZ but no difference.

Just so you know , you can't really get NAT 1 if you have a regular router at your home , only specific professionnal setups can get you NAT1 . NAT 2 is already the best you can hope for ( meaning that the translation between each network is done on all the ports the device ( PS4 ) need ).

le-seb

Yep, I have the latest version. I restarted the game and still have the same issue.
Have you downloaded DriveClub's DLC from the game itself (there's a store sub-menu under the Tour menu)?
If not, that may be your problem.

PSA: only download game DLC from its own store menu, kids!

You may need to delete the game and reinstall it to solve your problem.
At least, that's what I had to do last month. :(

Have you downloaded DriveClub's DLC from the game itself (there's a store sub-menu under the Tour menu)?
If not, that may be your problem.

PSA: only download game DLC from its own store menu, kids!

You may need to delete the game and reinstall it to solve your problem.
At least, that's what I had to do last month. :(
And restarting the console was my ultimate solution - so try that as well.

sneaky77

Are there supposed to be new cars to download from the store? Is showing blank.

Also.. there are two club challenges that I got the message, limit of participants achieved.. even though they only had 1 entry in times.

Edit: rebooting the game fixed the challenge issue.. but the store only shows old stuff, is that new stuff cming tomorrow?

Merun

Clubs have limited space? I was hoping there was some "all the GAF" group I could join or something to not worry about size/progress

It's limited to 6 persons.

Perhaps a list of current GAF club would help people to find one and also know where there is room.

Are there supposed to be new cars to download from the store? Is showing blank.

Also.. there are two club challenges that I got the message, limit of participants achieved.. even though they only had 1 entry in times.

Edit: rebooting the game fixed the challenge issue.. but the store only shows old stuff, is that new stuff cming tomorrow?

Yeah this patch technically downloads the game content but yout wont be able to access the cars and stuff until the store update goes live

leng jai

Is there a post outlining exactly what the paid content is for the season pass? Might buy it after seeing how glorious the weather is.

Cudder

I've got a couple spots open in my club Toronto Six. If you're from Toronto (hell, even if you're not, I don't care)…send an invite and I'll get to it later tonight!

23qwerty

Posted this in the weather update thread but felt it would probably be appreciated here too.
quick gif showing off how raindrops react to movement on your windshield
(jerky driving purely for effect, i swear)
WelldocumentedEvergreenHound.gif

lemmykoopa

I hope with the online being almost 100% fixed and with the weather patch from today Evolution will finally get the praise they deserve for this phenomenal game.

I hope with the online being almost 100% fixed and with the weather patch from today Evolution will finally get the praise they deserve for this phenomenal game.

I wonder how many reviews will have their score changed accordingly now that everything is working properly. The game is a solid 85+ in my books.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey I just posted this in the weather patch thread, and wanted some opinions from others. Gonna test a few cars out again later myself and just to make sure it wasn't because the cars I was using having good handling. I've been playing with the rain on for a few races in India... and is it just me or is the handling exactly the same as when the road is dry? I've tested a few cars and I honestly haven't noticed a difference between dry and wet roads yet, maybe I'm testing the wrong cars. I honestly hope this isn't just some graphical filter, that would make me sad, I was hoping for a whole new gameplay experience with the weather.

EDIT: WOO just found some cars that go crazy in the rain! Think I was just using stuff with way better handling beforehand, just tried an M3 and I'm having a slippery time. Awesome. Also those raindrops keep falling on my hood! <3

This is amazing. Oh man this is gonna breathe new life into the game for me.

viveks86

Hey I just posted this in the weather patch thread, and wanted some opinions from others. Gonna test a few cars out again later myself and just to make sure it wasn't because the cars I was using having good handling. I've been playing with the rain on for a few races in India... and is it just me or is the handling exactly the same as when the road is dry? I've tested a few cars and I honestly haven't noticed a difference between dry and wet roads yet, maybe I'm testing the wrong cars. I honestly hope this isn't just some graphical filter, that would make me sad, I was hoping for a whole new gameplay experience with the weather.

EDIT: WOO just found some cars that go crazy in the rain! Think I was just using stuff with way better handling beforehand, just tried an M3 and I'm having a slippery time. Awesome. Also those raindrops keep falling on my hood! <3

This is amazing. Oh man this is gonna breathe new life into the game for me.

The Venom was the worst. Was having a tough time with Lykan as well.

rich7sena

Banned
Game redeemed, it looks stunning when wet.
Now if only GT7 can look this good at 60FPS...

I doubt GT7 will look as good as DriveClub on track, there's no way. That said, I can't say I'd be shocked if it did. Surprised? Yes. I'd definitely not be shocked, though.

adin75

Am I being really stupid? I went to the store and 'bought' all the free DLC, including the ignition and phot-finish tours, but nothing downloaded and they just said purchased. When I load up the game, it just says 'coming soon' on the ignition/photo-finish tour logo. How do I play them?

I found all the content locked for me too, powering off the ps4 and restarting it seemed to sort it.

FireSol

Finally I'm home and tryed weather and new Norvegian track...FUCK!!! I saw all this videos and gifs, but still I wasnt ready for that, I play on 27" gaming monitore, but after first lap my first thought was "I need BIG TV for that game!". Great job, Evo, great job!!

crispyben

Hey, have you guys been able to unlock the challenge-related trophies? I got the one for sending out a trophy, but not the other two...even though I was on top of the leaderboard at the end of the 30 minutes. Could it be because no other attempts were made/recorded? Server connection was getting lost regularly yesterday night. Also, I had an expired challenge stuck in the 'Ongoing' section, it might have messed things up.

Otherwise, this game is just so much fun and really gorgeoux :)

Finally I'm home and tryed weather and new Norvegian track...FUCK!!! I saw all this videos and gifs, but still I wasnt ready for that, I play on 27" gaming monitore, but after first lap my first thought was "I need BIG TV for that game!". Great job, Evo, great job!!
haha I just posted about that in the other thread...

heavy snow at night is insane CANT SEE SHIT

farmerboy

Noticed that multi tonight took a step backwards. Got kicked out a few times, once even all the way to the xmb. I'm thinking its the influx of people coming back to the game to check out the weather.

Awesome game.

Vaga

Hey, have you guys been able to unlock the challenge-related trophies? I got the one for sending out a trophy, but not the other two...even though I was on top of the leaderboard at the end of the 30 minutes. Could it be because no other attempts were made/recorded? Server connection was getting lost regularly yesterday night. Also, I had an expired challenge stuck in the 'Ongoing' section, it might have messed things up.

Otherwise, this game is just so much fun and really gorgeoux :)

You need to have at least one participant other than yourself. Just find a friend and send him 5 challenges but make sure he doesn't kick your ass :)

Lol i had some accident before while playing DRIVECLUB but with this rain that ratio went up ... Collision are deadly in the rain if you don't control perfectly your car and i freaking love it.

Mogwai

Ok, so I'm a slave to pretty graphics I caved in and bought the game finally. Are somebody in need of a noob for their club?

NHale

Tried the patch yesterday for some challenges and I'm quite pleased by how the rain/snow impacts the handling of the cars.

I was expecting a more arcade approach with weather effects to the handling but Evolution really surprised me.

I already liked the core of this game but now I'm liking it even more. To me only PGR managed to achieve this kind of balance between arcade/sim.

FlipCup

Neo Member
Looking into getting this game, however none of my friends own a PS4. Will that limit the amount of enjoyment I will have with the social aspect?

Also, how hard is it to join a GAF club?

Merun

Looking into getting this game, however none of my friends own a PS4. Will that limit the amount of enjoyment I will have with the social aspect?

Also, how hard is it to join a GAF club?

As hard as finding enough room in a club. I can free 1 or 2 slot since they are taken by random who are no longer playing.

Club: Eurobeat ( there is no GAF in the club name because I created it before getting my account approved )
PSN id: Meruni

Just add me to friend list and I will invite.

Danielsan

Looking for a EU GAF club to join. PSN name is in my profile. :)
Do note that I'm not exactly amazing at driving games outside of Wipeout HD.

Klart

Evolution says Plus Edition is not coming soon: "We still have a lot of work to do to improve server capacity"

Wait, what?

I thought the problem was the code & not server capacity?

Anyways, you f*cked up big time, Evo.

Shame, looks like a great game.

Evolution says Plus Edition is not coming soon: "We still have a lot of work to do to improve server capacity"

Wait, what?

I thought the problem was the code & not server capacity?

Anyways, you f*cked up big time, Evo.

Shame, looks like a great game.

It's probably both, with the coding making the biggest mess.

They probably fixed it, but also realised that it still requires more server capacity than they realised.

Top Bottom