• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

le-seb

I thought the problem was the code & not server capacity?
Server capacity does not necessarily mean number of servers.
I suspect database (low) performance and (bad) scalability is what hurt the game at launch, and still does a bit now on rush hours.
And you cannot really just throw new servers into the equation to solve this kind of conceptual problems, they need to rethink a lot of things, to rewrite some client and server code, etc, and all this takes a lot of time.
Given the massive influx of new players the PS+ edition will lead to, they better be safe than sorry.

Evolution says Plus Edition is not coming soon: "We still have a lot of work to do to improve server capacity"

Wait, what?

Anyways, you f*cked up big time, Evo.

Shame, looks like a great game.

Then why you don't pay for it? Mark my words, you will hate the PS+ version so find a good deal and buy it.

le-seb that challenge you made is a pain in the ass lol

that first lap going up one of the hills in the rain and the sun hits the wet road right before a sharp right turn you literally cannot see anything. it's hilarious

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Then why you don't pay for it? Mark my words, you will hate the PS+ version so find a good deal and buy it.

Amazon has it for $35.

Played a bit of it when yesterday with the weather patch. God damn is it amazing. Makes me want to grab the season pass if it ever goes on sale.

dano1

A Sheep
Evolution says Plus Edition is not coming soon: "We still have a lot of work to do to improve server capacity"

Wait, what?

Anyways, you f*cked up big time, Evo.

Shame, looks like a great game.

If you like racing games at all just buy it. It's that good! If you don't like racing games you shouldn't be that upset.
And if you can't afford the game you probably shouldn't have a PS4 anyway...

chadskin

Just finished the Ignition DLC and saw in the Tour menu that the next pieces of DLC are apparently titled "Elements" and "Redline". :)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just finished the Ignition DLC and saw in the Tour menu that the next pieces of DLC are apparently titled "Elements" and "Redline". :)

Yeah, I'd assume Elements is full of extreme weather. I do wonder if the DLC will go up today when the store updates, or it will be next week.

le-seb

le-seb that challenge you made is a pain in the ass lol

that first lap going up one of the hills in the rain and the sun hits the wet road right before a sharp right turn you literally cannot see anything. it's hilarious
I play cockpit view with no HUD, and these are the conditions I had chosen for my first try on this track.
Needless to say I've rushed straight ahead to the sun.

Hey, you're doing great!
You've even beaten Konosuke?

Damn, I know what I'll be playing tonight...

I play cockpit view with no HUD, and these are the conditions I had chosen for my first try on this track.

Hey, you're doing great!

Yep took me a bit but I did it :p pretty sure I can get a better time out of it still too I screwed up a few places

Cudder

I wish Evolution implemented some kind of short "rewind" feature for when you enter photo mode. Even if it was like 2 seconds. It would help immensely trying to get that perfect picture. I've been trying to get a picture with lightning and the car back-fire going at the same time but it's basically 100% luck since the back-fire happens so quick.

in a random muktiplayer point to point why do some cars, but not all, run for a long time as a ghost, and/or in a constant position judder ..

lordxar

in a random muktiplayer point to point why do some cars, but not all, run for a long time as a ghost, and/or in a constant position judder ..

Connection issues prob. Friend of mine and I were racing online a week or so back and he said everyone was a ghost to him. To me he was the only ghost. All the other races we did were fine but that one was hosed to him for some reason.

i need some driveclub friends for challenges.

please send me a psn friend request: haldalish

Sent a request.

Make sure you look up the Driveclub-GAF PSN account and add it, it has over 500 friends that you can add to play with. Not sure how many of them are still actively racing but a good chunk should be

Merun

Sent a request.

Make sure you look up the Driveclub-GAF PSN account and add it, it has over 500 friends that you can add to play with. Not sure how many of them are still actively racing but a good chunk should be

Ah, that's how it work to regroup the different GAF club. I wouldn't have thought about it. I will do that later as well.

le-seb

Do I need to active the weather in a menu?
What are you trying to play?

Original Tour events won't feature precipitations, only events from future DLC expansion packs may/will.
Multiplayer is supposed to feature precipitations today, but not sure it's out yet.
Challenges, you'll have to play with weather conditions that have been fixed by the initiator.
Other single player modes, you should be free to select the weather you want.

Adam Blue

Hey guys, tried searching for this,but my DS4 touchpad doesn't work in-game to reset track or use photo mode. I can use it in the menu to go 'home' however. Is this a thing, or just me?

le-seb

Hey guys, tried searching for this,but my DS4 touchpad doesn't work in-game to reset track or use photo mode. I can use it in the menu to go 'home' however. Is this a thing, or just me?
Are you using a wheel?

If so:
- you're out of luck with Photo mode until an upcoming patch
- home is your throttle pedal
- use L3 to get back on track

Adam Blue

Are you using a wheel?

If so:
- you're out of luck with Photo mode until an upcoming patch
- home is your throttle pedal
- use L3 to get back on track

No wheel. I tried different modes just in case, (single track, etc). I spun out on a track and it gave me the option to reset track, but it would never work. I can confirm the touchpad works in other games and other parts of DC.

This has turned out to be a great game, btw.

I had some problems with photo mode not working but its because i was pressing the middle of the touchpad.

The functions are split to different sides of the pad. Try clicking down the left edge of the touchpad to reset, and the right edge of the touchpad for photo mode.

Shaneus

Hey, you're doing great!

I want to play HUDless, but I need to know sector times and how well I'm doing. It's a shame there's no view that just has that and nothing else at all.

PS. Challenges have been the cause of a loss of sleep already, and that's without weather affecting them. I can't commit to doing any that are more than two minutes, though. I prefer the instant feedback of nailing a tight lap and trying to improve it. Our club came first in one and second in another only yesterday, thanks to my mastery of the Atom.

What are you trying to play?

Original Tour events won't feature precipitations, only events from future DLC expansion packs may/will.
Multiplayer is supposed to feature precipitations today, but not sure it's out yet.
Challenges, you'll have to play with weather conditions that have been fixed by the initiator.
Other single player modes, you should be free to select the weather you want.

So I waited to do the tour events pointlessly! That's annoying

Adam Blue

I had some problems with photo mode not working but its because i was pressing the middle of the touchpad.

The functions are split to different sides of the pad. Try clicking down the left edge of the touchpad to reset, and the right edge of the touchpad for photo mode.

Thanks! I did try this for a while. Different pressure, areas on either side, in different modes, etc. Something sure is up...

krioto

Does anyone have a spare spot in a high(er) level club?

I'm level 50 and my club is level 34, but I feel I have alone levelled the club from 22 onwards - the 2 other members hardly play now (and I'm not the club owner so I can't even fiddle with the livery).

thanks - PSN same as here

le-seb

I want to play HUDless, but I need to know sector times and how well I'm doing. It's a shame there's no view that just has that and nothing else at all.
Yes. I would also like to add a speedometer when using the dashboard cam.
If I'm not mistaken, we should be getting better control over HUD elements in a future update, so our wishes may be satisfied.

Truth is, in the meantime, I reenable the HUD when needed.

So I waited to do the tour events pointlessly! That's annoying
Understandable, though. Times to beat for events designed for dry conditions would be out of reach in wet conditions.

le-seb

Just a bit annoying cause someone had joined my club when I started a month ago but they've dropped out now so I'm not getting any club xp now
Since the people we had reserved rooms for are still missing in action, I suppose they won't mind if somebody else's taking their place.
If you wish to join us, sansFrontieres is the club name.

Thanks for the invite but I was looking to fill up my club SonsOfAnarchyUK you can't join another club and run your own, can you?
No, you can't. But you can create a secondary PSN account and make it join your club to keep it afloat.

Our club came first in one and second in another only yesterday, thanks to my mastery of the Atom.
ibsoQx0CBByjFf.gif

Oh, wait, you mean the Ariel Atom? Yeah, I spend more time counter-steering than steering in that pocket rocket.

I can change almost anything... but I can't change that vehicle's slippery nature.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but my game isn't recognizing one of the DLC packs.

I "purchased" the ignition pack and I have access to the tour, but the cars are still locked out. They still have the PS Store icon in the corner and when I attempt to download them PSN simply recognizes it as a purchase.

Adam Blue

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but my game isn't recognizing one of the DLC packs.

I "purchased" the ignition pack and I have access to the tour, but the cars are still locked out. They still have the PS Store icon in the corner and when I attempt to download them PSN simply recognizes it as a purchase.

I just went to purchase again, then backed out, then tried later.

Someone else had the same issue, Rushy suggested making sure you "Activate" your PS4 as your primary one. Other people said rebooting their system fixed it.

I'm wondering the same thing. They were working for me yesterday but today they've not seemed to work at any point.

Ditto. Pre-weather patch most things seemed fully functional but now a lot of them are having loading issues (challenges, leaderboards, statistics, etc)

I wonder if the update brought some heavier traffic back to the game and the servers are struggling again?

I just went to purchase again, then backed out, then tried later.
I've already tried that, but nothing changed. That was only around 30 minutes ago, though, so maybe it takes a little more time to register?

Someone else had the same issue, Rushy suggested making sure you "Activate" your PS4 as your primary one. Other people said rebooting their system fixed it.
I've tried rebooting a few times and my PS4 is set as the primary system.

Thanks for the help anyway.

For the second time in 2 days, I had the game crash immediately upon completing a race with the error code CE-34878-0. What the fuck!

That was a really good run that is now gone forever. I suspect it has something to do with the way it connects to the internet, because when it happened last night and I restarted the game, it said that it had trouble connecting to the Driveclub servers for a while.

If that's the case, fuck it. I'll disable the networking while I play. I'll be god damned if single player is fucked up due to networking issues.

For the second time in 2 days, I had the game crash immediately upon completing a race with the error code CE-34878-0. What the fuck!

That was a really good run that is now gone forever. I suspect it has something to do with the way it connects to the internet, because when it happened last night and I restarted the game, it said that it had trouble connecting to the Driveclub servers for a while.

If that's the case, fuck it. I'll disable the networking while I play. I'll be god damned if single player is fucked up due to networking issues.

That's strange, even with all the network problems shortly after launch I never had a hard crash. But it's possible it's a new problem introduced with one of the recent patches.

That's strange, even with all the network problems shortly after launch I never had a hard crash. But it's possible it's a new problem introduced with one of the recent patches.

Still, for the game to crash immediately after I push myself to the limit during a race is just fucked.

And another thing... Why the hell are time trial lap times not car and event specific? In PGR 3/4, the times are based on the specific car you choose. In Driveclub, you pick an event, it has the 3 target times set in stone, and how easy or hard those times are to meet depends entirely on the car you choose. And if you look at the leaderboard, maybe to get an idea of what kind of car you might wanna pick, the top times are all from cars of higher classes. If I'm driving a hot hatch in this time trial, why are the leaderboard times I'm going up against from hyper cars that are literally three times as fast?

Kumubou

Still, for the game to crash immediately after I push myself to the limit during a race is just fucked.

And another thing... Why the hell are time trial lap times not car and event specific? In PGR 3/4, the times are based on the specific car you choose. In Driveclub, you pick an event, it has the 3 target times set in stone, and how easy or hard those times are to meet depends entirely on the car you choose. And if you look at the leaderboard, maybe to get an idea of what kind of car you might wanna pick, the top times are all from cars of higher classes. If I'm driving a hot hatch in this time trial, why are the leaderboard times I'm going up against from hyper cars that are literally three times as fast?
All of the event leaderboards should be class-wide, unless the event has car selected restricted even further. As for Hot Hatch events showing Hyper cars in the leaderboards... that's a bug. :x

It might just be that way for tour events? I'm positive that individual time trial times are car specific

Top Bottom