• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

le-seb

Finally reached the glorious level 50, good times.

Multiplayer still doesnt work for me :(

Get a syncing with lobby then the dreaded error screen.
You aren't streaming, right?
I've read here or there that it prevented the MP from working.

And congratulations!

Is it me or most Bentley drivers are assholes? Every time I'm racing and someone has a Bentley they decide to crash into me for the whole game like we're playing bumper cars or something lol

CozMick

Banned
You aren't streaming, right?
I've read here or there that it prevented the MP from working.

And congratulations!

Actually I was streaming :O

gonna give it a try now, thanks le-seb :)

EDIT :: You were right, streaming does affect the multiplayer, I got into a lobby and a race instantly when not broadcasting :D

IKizzLE

So it's just available to select in online hyper car races?, cool, I'll have to check it out.

Online car only but it sucks. That and the W Lykan Hypersport just can't compete.
The Ferrari 599XX handles well but it's acceleration is near the bottom of the pack. Zonda R handles just as well and is blistering fast.
Lykan Hypersport accelerates fast but turns like a bus...might as well use the Venom.

Mr Git

I feel I'm definitely missing out on not being in a club and none of my RL friends are playing this. Any chance there's any going on here?

Shaneus

Just wondering, is Evolution taking into consideration what has been said about the AI? Will there be tweaks in that regard? Driveclub has the potential to be an amazing game but the AI not taking into account the player's presence and just blindly following the ideal racing lines is frustrating and taking all the fun away. It makes trying to do clean races virtually impossible. Most races turn into a bump into each other kind of thing instead of a proper racing game. It doesn't help that all cars flock together until you have passed them all. It would be a lot more fun to overtake and race if cars spread out more during a race.

I really hope Evolution will takes the comments on AI on board.
I very rarely see the AI take the same racing line each time, usually they're tussling for position and fight for whatever they can get. I'd say that's good AI, not on-rails.

Only thing that really needs to be fixed re: AI (and other MP stuff) is the ridiculous advantage you get when drafting. There's simply far too much speed advantage coming up to someone, it makes a solid lead feel almost worthless at times.

djjinx2

Actually I was streaming :O

gonna give it a try now, thanks le-seb :)

EDIT :: You were right, streaming does affect the multiplayer, I got into a lobby and a race instantly when not broadcasting :D

Happened to me every time I streamed as well.

Rushy can you chime in on this?

hamchan

It's been so long since I played I forgot you have to use handbrake to start drifting. I've been trying to do it with just normal brakes for a whole hour and wondering why it was so hard to lose traction.

Shaneus

It feels great seeing so much more people have this game. Several people on my friend list has bought the game now.
Might be a good opportunity for viveks to throw up another promotion for the Driveclub-GAF PSN ID. I'm sure he has a post written up on it's purpose, what it's good for :)

IKizzLE

I don't think that's accurate. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't sheer numbers that borked the system. It was more of an unanticipated technical issue that they thought they had tested for but didn't do so correctly. They got caught by surprise.

But that doesn't align with the fact that the retail version and the actual servers we are using worked for the hundreds of people who got the game early for reviews.

DonMigs85

I think the Tour difficulty really needs to be toned down a bit in a future patch - oftentimes you see rivals just easily overtaking you on long straights even if they should not be able to at all. It's too stressful.

But that doesn't align with the fact that the retail version and the actual servers we are using worked for the hundreds of people who got the game early for reviews.
The servers definitely got overloaded, but not because the game smashed sales expectations. Remember, they were planning to let hundreds of thousands more players in via the PS+ version. It's all pretty well documented in news stories. Go check it out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I finally hit level 50, woop!

Now all I need to do is grind the Credit Where it's Due and get someone to get lower scores in 5 of my solo challenges for the plat. :p

Just picked this up today and am also looking for a club of anyone has a spot. Wouldn't mind making a new one of others are also looking for a club.

Psn: bamf26

IKizzLE

I finally hit level 50, woop!

Now all I need to do is grind the Credit Where it's Due and get someone to get lower scores in 5 of my solo challenges for the plat. :p

Whats the quickest way to level up?
I'm level 32 with 312/315 stars. I cant do the P1 event because Im not level 35.

danowat

Banned
I think the Tour difficulty really needs to be toned down a bit in a future patch - oftentimes you see rivals just easily overtaking you on long straights even if they should not be able to at all. It's too stressful.

That's down to the dynamic difficulty (aka rubberbanding)

Denur

I think the Tour difficulty really needs to be toned down a bit in a future patch
Please, no. I truly enjoy the Tour's difficulty and not being able to get all three stars on the first try or so. That's what bugged be with e.g. GT5 and GT6, that it was so ridiculously easy to get gold on all the time trials.

Merun

If the AI catch up to you on straight, then either your car has a lower top speed/acceleration or your last corner was too slow and they were able to draft you. The AI can't cheat with the physic of their car.

Anarion07

Ok last time I'm gonna post one of my videos, but this one was just a bitch.

Italian Performance Cup, Ferrari FF.
At high speeds that thing just wont let you steer it the way you want it.
Spent 3 hours on that event yesterday, especially the first race, that damned red corner after the first looong straight killed me most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Q8E8URrdA
(Gonna keep posting vids in my channel though, if anyones interested)

and feel free to add me on PSN, I'm reallly addicted again >.<

Brooks2304

Neo Member
In love with this game already. Only did the first two events so far due to exam obligations, but can I ever say wow this game plays well. I haven't really played any racers in quite awhile and I found it very easy to pick up and play. Very easy to send out challenges. Had a couple server issues, but outside of that was definitely a great time to pick up after reading about the issues early on.

DBT85

DP sorry, no ban!

Is there a spot left? Just bought the game today. bownser88

Do you have a club, or do you want me to create one? I think DeFrank is in too.

Oh, this is my first racing game since Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. So it's gonna be bad for a while. lol

Same here; or rather, a Level 1 teammate that isn't the best at racing games?

Made a club called GAF Cubs, Bownser I added you already, punk and cyclops what's your ID?

EDIT, got your IDs from user profiles guys, friend request sent!

Anyone else wants to add me it's DBT--85. At least 2 slots free in the club too.

garyBig

In love with this game already. Only did the first two events so far due to exam obligations, but can I ever say wow this game plays well. I haven't really played any racers in quite awhile and I found it very easy to pick up and play. Very easy to send out challenges. Had a couple server issues, but outside of that was definitely a great time to pick up after reading about the issues early on.

Good luck managing your exam obligations and this game lol

Made a club called GAF Cubs, Bownser I added you already, punk and cyclops what's your ID?

Are you guys all around Level 1? I was kinda looking to get with a noob/beginning club. But I kinda already said I would go with DeFrank, but I think they are all Level 5s.

DBT85

Are you guys all around Level 1? I was kinda looking to get with a noob/beginning club. But I kinda already said I would go with DeFrank, but I think they are all Level 5s.

I'm lvl 20 but I've only really played the rookie single player section.

Got a lot of exp that comes up as "preorder bonus" which I'm not quite sure why. I did pre order the PS+ upgrade but it failed due to funds. Maybe there was a mistake somewhere!

You level up quite fast though.

Actually, no offense DeFrank and DBT, I was looking to get into a club with low level players. Thanks for the offers, tho. (DeFrank, I joined, gave you some points, and decided that you guys were to high level.)

Any level 1 or level 2 players in a Level 1/2 club?

I'm lvl 20 but I've only really played the rookie single player section.

Got a lot of exp that comes up as "preorder bonus" which I'm not quite sure why. I did pre order the PS+ upgrade but it failed due to funds. Maybe there was a mistake somewhere!

You level up quite fast though.

Thanks for the club invite! :D

Yeah, I've played like 2~3 hours yesterday and I'm already lvl 10, so I don't think it means much.
Read that it becomes a drag to level up once you reach 25 tho.

djjinx2

Not true imo.

If it gets stale, start looking at your accolades, they give a lot of points.

I hit 50 easily, though I did have double xp for a couple of days, Rushy how about a double xp weekend this week!!

Accolades for cars gave me a couple of million points on there own, maybe the most fun I have had in the game was sticking with a manufacturer for a while in single event and multi player

DBT85

Thanks for the club invite! :D

Yeah, I've played like 2~3 hours yesterday and I'm already lvl 10, so I don't think it means much.
Read that it becomes a drag to level up once you reach 25 tho.

No worries! New go set some good times and earn us points! Lol

Auctopus

Just checking that everyone's been having trouble with challenges through the last few days? Servers dropping out etc. Generally being slow and everything.

I assume it's new players hopping on the weather patch bandwagon.

Top Bottom