• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

DavidDesu

Just a quick thought, for Evolution Studios... I've noticed from the track maps that at least one of the point-to-point races actually has roads that would allow it to be connected up to make a loop that you could lap over and over, and I'm sure there's others. If you could do this I'd be more than happy. I'd love to do laps of the longer point to point tracks while weather and time of day changed, would be a real pleasure!

DBT85

As soon as I get home! :D
At work now, but I can't stop thinking that I want to get home and play some Driveclub.
Forwarded you a challenge with a KTM X-BOW R too. Created by Chrisbydemand if anyone else wants a play. Will add it to the club challenges too. First lap us important as it's mostly dry!

Hmm Ive not had any issues lately at all. Whats your router settings like? NAT type 2?

Yeah, tried all sorts. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the router (Home Hub 3) or provider (BT). Set static IP, DMZ, Port Forwarding etc. Connect via ethernet...
Got into 1 game within 15 - 20 attempts before giving up trying any more.
Damn shame.

Yeah, tried all sorts. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the router (Home Hub 3) or provider (BT). Set static IP, DMZ, Port Forwarding etc. Connect via ethernet...
Got into 1 game within 15 - 20 attempts before giving up trying any more.
Damn shame.

There's something definitely in your setup that is doesn't like - haven't you got like a super fast connection too?

Yeah, BT Infinity with 75Mb down, 20Mb up...

Has it ever been confirmed whether DC uses dedicated servers or peer to peer? I'm guessing it's P2P with servers just looking after the match making.

20Mb upload, jeez! In the old days of online play it'd mean your machine would always be elected as the server but I don't think it works that way these days.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I restarted playing Motorstorm Apocalypse over the weekend and man, I had forgotten both how fun the game is and how good it looked. Seeing that game it really does not surprise me with what they were able to achieve on PS4.

And it also gives me incredible hope for a PS4 Motorstorm in the DC engine. But let's go back to Pacific Rift please in terms of setting, although I liked the Apocalypse presentation. What I really want still is the 2005 or whatever Motrostorm 1 promise of an open festival feel, more "wide open" tracks and perhaps a small open world type on foot arena area to admire and show off cars. And more modes like Smuggler's Run had with open sandbox areas with dynamic changing goals. Like Killzone's multiplayer but applied to racing.

T.O.P

Banned
DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A CLUB

formed one and nobody would join, joined 3 different clubs and i was the only one playing lol

pls invite me id: KI-Heisenberg

formed one and nobody would join, joined 3 different clubs and i was the only one playing lol

What level are you (Player/Club)? I am creating a club tomorrow.

Also, does anyone know how much the Redline DLC is going to be priced? or is it free like the others?

Synth

I'll join your club.

What level are you (Player/Club)? I am creating a club tomorrow.

Also, does anyone know how much the Redline DLC is going to be priced? or is it free like the others?

Or yours... however it works out.

EDIT: GustavoUK83 is my PSN.

Just got the game a couple days ago. Still have mixed feelings on certain aspects but having fun regardless.

Any clubs recruiting? PSN MisterZimbu

T.O.P

Banned
ieRJAmJtYMaXU.jpg

isKzTTk8UbDA0.jpg

ibeLhgXN47ZIt8.jpg

ibzz5YF5vOttOz.jpg

iVLwxTn7oi61X.jpg

This game goes from amazing to ehhhhh insanely fast (still, it looks insane most of the time so i'm pretty happy)

Just wish they would've polished some areas a bit better...and a tad better AA might've done wonders

AndyD

aka andydumi
They should have a new track that runs through an abandoned airfield. Then we could use the long straight runway as a drag strip or have preset cone challenges.

leng jai

This game goes from amazing to ehhhhh insanely fast (still, it looks insane most of the time so i'm pretty happy)

Just wish they would've polished some areas a bit better...and a tad better AA might've done wonders

That last shot looks awful indeed.

DBT85

Also working with this fix:

I had a blast with bananafactory this last week continuously winning back 2-5 seconds on top of the 2-5 he had succeeded beating me by.
There is the victory lap, by the way.

Yeah, genuinely get more enjoyment from pounding round trying to shave time than racing directly on track. Not done any MP yet though, just against AI. I bash into it too often lol.

Still spaces in GAF Cubs. Club is only lvl 3 so loads to unlock!

le-seb

Nice driving, and that video shows pretty clearly how much the rain can affect handling.
Thanks. Interestingly enough, the Cleanup trophy has gotten unlocked during this same race, which was as much appreciated (finally!!!!1) as a bit unexpected (there were some side bumps).
And yes, this was a hell of a challenge with very different visibility and grip conditions on each lap.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
I ended up biting on that amazon deal on Friday. Went to Walmart, and got them to price match for me. So I went when I got off work, I had a $15 gift card. I should've known I was in for a trip from the start. The cashier was obviously new, I've price matched stuff there before, and the guy just asked the csm that was IN ELECTRONICS. But this guy said he had to go all the way up to the front of the store to ask, and so I had to wait there for 10 ins for what I knew was obvious. Then he came back and told me I was right, and then proceeded to ring me up. But then he didn't know how to discount the price, so I had to wait another 5 mins for a cashier to get open, and show him how to do that. Then afterwards, he didn't know how to ring my gift card up, and he actually ADDED $35+tax to the total making it $73. So I had to wait for another manager to come back again to put their key into the register to ring me up.

Get home.. and here's the kicker, because for me, when I buy a game new, A lot of the time I don't open it right away, I'll roll up or somethin, and watch Netflix... I open this game up, and it was a resealed Driveclub, the cover paper was ripped through at the bottom right corner from someone putting pressure on that part of the box, and INSIDE WAS A BLANK CD-R.

Then I basically had to waste another hour driving back up to Walmart, and getting a legit copy. Luckily the new guy had left, and the regular guy that I always see there actually told the manager that this has happened before, because they were lookin at me all weird. I didn't wanna have to get loud in there, but I really was prepared to.

Anyways I did actually get to play the damn game for a few hours. I pretty much like everything about the game so far. The drive handling, the graphics, music, tracks. I need to get a grip on the drifting, though.

Anyways I did actually get to play the damn game for a few hours. I pretty much like everything about the game so far. The drive handling, the graphics, music, tracks. I need to get a grip on the drifting, though.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| 1 step forward 2 steps back.
It's a great game though and you're in for a treat.

Jordan89

Neo Member
This game for me is still has issues. I really enjoy playing it, but wish they would get all the server issues strengthened out. I mean the stats boards for the individual and club progression are not fixed. I can't even tell how many miles I have driven for my own club.

Korezo

Anyone want to join my club? I got it to lvl 20 all by myself by inviting my alt psn account to make it active. Name of the club is "The Stigs".

i hope Evo fix the blue numbers in the next patch: the counts are always wrong. If it says there is 1 or 2 incoming challenges, there are none. Etc.

Also another issue: while it is cute to see two ghosts of yourself on track with you, running two different lap times, the slower one is probably superfluous. (saw this in a club challenge).

krioto

Man, whoever in GAFCLUB set the club challenge for the 1 lap Legend race in the Caterham - that time took a few goes to beat!

I just unlocked the BAC MONO. Oh. My. God. This thing drives even better than in my dreams. I can't even go off track in heavy rain, it's that good!

Is there no tutorial for this game? I suck at most racing games and the cars are hard to control in this one. How do I learn the rules of handling cars and racing??? There doesn't seem any event or tutorial that shows me anything like drifting or handling cars etc.. gAf help!

Anyone else find it odd how you can restart/retry each race in a championship series except the last race? Is there a competitive reason why this would be so?

DBT85

Is there no tutorial for this game? I suck at most racing games and the cars are hard to control in this one. How do I learn the rules of handling cars and racing??? There doesn't seem any event or tutorial that shows me anything like drifting or handling cars etc.. gAf help!

Drifting is something to worry about once you can drive in the first place. To start with you just want to be trying to drive and read the track layout at the same time to help you get an idea of what's coming, brake early and slow down for the corners to carry your speed through rather than bashing the wall, and then getting on the power as soon as possible.

As you get better on each track and with each car you'll learn how late you can brake for each. You get a feel for correcting the rear of the car stepping out in a corner, etc.

You'll learn little at full speed and bashing the walls. Driveclub seems to have been made with racing enthusiasts in mind, though I reckon anyone can pick it up quite quickly. Being the fastest is another matter. I get beasted regularly in challenges.

It actually might be an idea for you to do a solo event in one car on a simpler track so that you can race your own ghost and see your times improving. Though following the cars in races will help learn a racing line.

If you accept my friend request I'll send you a challenge I just set up just for you! On Tamil Nadu 3 with the beetle. I set a lap of 1:17.499 which was just pootling around without being aggressive. Try and beat it and see how far you can go. Only a couple of heavy braking points. My best time on it is still 2 secs slower than the world best with that car and track!

Had this for a few days now, in general love it! My only gripes would be 1) I'm not a massive fan of the cockpit view, I wish I could move it 6 inches forward, its too much cockpit and not enough road! 2) The AI are a bit frustrating by design. They seem to have been programmed with a banger race mentality rather than a race mentality. The constantly bump each other and me off of the track which combined with the extremely sticky off road track surface keeps pushing you to the back. They also seem to be unaware of you being alongside them and will not leave you space and just crash into you. I have to say first every racing game I've played where playing online is less crashy than the single player!

Apart from those though, awesome game!

danowat

Banned

Slow in, fast out.

This game is particularly punishing on those who hit the walls or the tracksides, the slowdown penalty for doing so is much more pronounced than other games.

Top Bottom