• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Drifting is something to worry about once you can drive in the first place. To start with you just want to be trying to drive and read the track layout at the same time to help you get an idea of what's coming, brake early and slow down for the corners to carry your speed through rather than bashing the wall, and then getting on the power as soon as possible.

As you get better on each track and with each car you'll learn how late you can brake for each. You get a feel for correcting the rear of the car stepping out in a corner, etc.

You'll learn little at full speed and bashing the walls. Driveclub seems to have been made with racing enthusiasts in mind, though I reckon anyone can pick it up quite quickly. Being the fastest is another matter. I get beasted regularly in challenges.

It actually might be an idea for you to do a solo event in one car on a simpler track so that you can race your own ghost and see your times improving. Though following the cars in races will help learn a racing line.

If you accept my friend request I'll send you a challenge I just set up just for you! On Tamil Nadu 3 with the beetle. I set a lap of 1:17.499 which was just pootling around without being aggressive. Try and beat it and see how far you can go. Only a couple of heavy braking points. My best time on it is still 2 secs slower than the world best with that car and track!

Thanks man I appreciate it! My psn is Domcorleone21

I just bought this. Did I make a mistake? Is most of the stuff fixed?

fb0.jpg

It's a great game. A pure racer; if I were you, I would just expect some technical hiccups.

Also, if you want in on a club, let me know.

Anyone know how to turn off your 'real name display' in game?

I don't like my actual name being in streams.

Yes, I know I could probably adjust this globally in privacy settings, but its only really this game that does this.

Shaneus

I've noticed a bug with photo mode: If you're in a career event where your goal is to beat a particular driver, their name stays above their car after you enter photo mode.

Also, I'd love to see an option to keep the challenge in-game graphics in photo mode, just for action shots and stuff. I know they'd detract from the realism of a shot, but they'd look kinda badarse.

NeoRausch

I've noticed a bug with photo mode: If you're in a career event where your is to beat a particular driver, their name stays above their car after you enter photo mode.

Also, I'd love to see an option to keep the challenge in-game graphics in photo mode, just for action shots and stuff. I know they'd detract from the realism of a shot, but they'd look kinda badarse.

You can turn that on and off in the menu.
I'm not at home to look at it but it should be in the right hand menu.

danowat

Banned
How do I not oversteer with a FF?

I'm assuming you are getting lift off oversteer in a FF car?

You need to think about weight transfer, when you brake all the weight shifts to the front of the car, and the rear wheels get unloaded.

In an FF car this is a normally because usually there is very little weight over the rear wheels in the first place, so braking and turning at the same time can cause nasty lift off oversteer as all the weight shifts to the front of the car and unloads the rear wheels losing grip.

To combat it, either do all your braking in a straight line, and then turn, or learn trail braking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBYSl3dD-UQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZN1aP1o_m8

viveks86

On another note, is there a PSN gamertag exchange anywhere?, could do with a few driveclub friends

Add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your friends list and add as many of its friends as you'd like. The list has gone past 600 a few days ago and continues to grow! :)

Hey guys. The new car pack is supposed to be released today but cant seem to find it on the psn store?

It is releasing today for most of the world except NA (sad face). Expect it in the next 6-8 hours.

Melchiah

There have been some minor annoyances with the game recently;
- It doesn't load the player statistics.
- When I launch the game, and it shows my progress, it always portrays all the club cars I've unlocked.
EDIT: - Last night it showed I've received a solo challenge, but when I accessed the section there was none. Currently it shows three received challenges, but there's only two.

Marlenus

Spent ages on 2 challenges. One solo where my best time had been beaten by 0.030 on a 1:20.7 sec lap, didn't manage to string a lap together despite knowing I can go about 0.3 sec faster.

I know exactly how that feels. The Zonda R one that has probably ended now I had a 51.3 despite knowing that I could nail a 50.5 (as someone else managed). In fact my fastest sectors together were in the low 50's but having the consistency to string it together for one lap is so hard and I just could not do it.

DBT85

Is there a way to see the next fastest ghost rather than the outright fastest every time?

Just did the Sinclair Pass challenge from Evolution in the Mono and I'm not fast enough to keep up with Vagabone by like 9 secs lol.

Would be nice to see Krafts ghost who is 0.6 sec faster, then yuujiin-08 who is then another 0.4 faster than kraft.

That way when I beat those ghosts I feel like I've beaten someone rather than getting my ass kicked by Vagabone lap after lap.

Beating a challenge: satisfying
Beating a challenge set by EvolutionStudios in light rain: priceless

(I fear the victorious feeling is very temporary).

Vaga

Is there a way to see the next fastest ghost rather than the outright fastest every time?

Just did the Sinclair Pass challenge from Evolution in the Mono and I'm not fast enough to keep up with Vagabone by like 9 secs lol.

Would be nice to see Krafts ghost who is 0.6 sec faster, then yuujiin-08 who is then another 0.4 faster than kraft.

That way when I beat those ghosts I feel like I've beaten someone rather than getting my ass kicked by Vagabone lap after lap.

You could just take the no1 ghost as reference and try to keep up and see in which corner the ghost distances, what racing line it uses etc. Also I think it's obvious that you should aim for the best time on the first lap before the track gets really wet. Keep trying, it's gonna take a lot of retries for a decent lap :)

That is how it used to work (Fastest ghost, nearest opposition and your best run) but I haven't seen that for a while. I dunno if it was changed in the last patch or it's a server load issue as sometimes I only see my own ghost and no fastest one.

There have been some minor annoyances with the game recently;
- It doesn't load the player statistics.
- When I launch the game, and it shows my progress, it always portrays all the club cars I've unlocked.
EDIT: - Last night it showed I've received a solo challenge, but when I accessed the section there was none. Currently it shows three received challenges, but there's only two.

Yeah I'm seeing more challenges than that, but the number it tells me there are is always greater than the actual number of challenges I can see / enter.

Is anyone else finding the dynamic weather thing a bit of a pain on the challenges? I was trying to beat one on BHR last night and if I didn't nail it on the first lap when it was dry then there was no way I was going to beat it, which meant constantly restarting :-( The thing I like about the challenges on the circuits is that you can just keep lapping rather than restarting via the menu all the time.

DBT85

You could just take the no1 ghost as reference and try to keep up and see in which corner the ghost distances, what racing line it uses etc. Also I think it's obvious that you should aim for the best time on the first lap before the track gets really wet. Keep trying, it's gonna take a lot of retries for a decent lap :)

Oh I know I need to nail the first one, but I can't even seen the ghost of Vagabone (you I assume) after about 4 corners so I can't judge shit lol. That's why being able to see the person who's just a bit faster than me as well would be nice, as an option. Let me beat that time and progress.

As I said before, I'm not great at these games, but better than some. I have no illusions about being the fastest. So seeing the times close to me ghosts would help me feel I've actually beaten someone.

I think Motorstorm RC did it like this. You chase the next best time and the best ever time. Loved that little game. Wish there was more of it!

danowat

Banned
Could it be related to the slow servers?.

I remember a couple of weeks ago it was working fine, I was getting ghosts just in front of me on the leaderboard, rather than the leader, but now, and at the same time as the challenges not loading and going all wonky, it just loads the leader.

le-seb

No way they won't be available individually from the store.

The thing is, it looks like there'll be two tour packs each month, one coming with cars, and the other one without.
Edit: or at least, one tour pack will require cars coming from the associated car pack.
So, the one coming with cars will probably be more expensive.
If I were to guess, I'd expect something like €1.99 and €5.99.
Spot on.
slection_037hysjj.png
slection_038uwzpc.png

Edit - Ehehehehehe
B5EJKB_IYAADCJR.jpg:large

Does the season pass contain every piece of DLC released?, i.e. the livery packs and the elements tour pack?
Yes, they are all free for me (season pass holder), but when i clicked redline livery pack for the first time, it wasn't free, only after I refrashed page it became free (funny thing)

le-seb

Does the season pass contain every piece of DLC released?, i.e. the livery packs and the elements tour pack?
Yes.

So, that's €9.48 worth of content this month (including the pair of €0.75 livery packs).
And we should get the same thing for the next seven months.

It looks like the €25 season pass is a good deal.

danowat

Banned
Yes.

So, that's €9.48 worth of content this month (including the pair of €0.75 livery packs).
And we should get the same thing for the next seven months.

It looks like the €25 season pass is a good deal.

Was my thinking, I stuck everythinig in the basket and saw it was nearly £8, so the season pass is a decent deal I think.

DBT85

Going to wait on the season pass either until I'm good enough to complete the free ones or a sale. Whichever comes first!

DBT85

The blog suggests there is $75 worth of DLC for $25 with the season pass.

Also, I can't beat your time for one of the solo Evo challenge, DBT.

Oh for sure it's a good deal. I just only buy DLC when I am good enough to enjoy properly!

Are you talking about the one with the Mono in the rain?

Oh for sure it's a good deal. I just only buy DLC when I am good enough to enjoy properly!

Are you talking about the one with the Mono in the rain?

I think so, as I cannot play the other one (my club is still inactive). You have the free DLC, right?

You can buy the season pass at anytime, right? And any previously released content will be available?

Top Bottom