• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I think it was at 15 when I hopped on last night, I contributed a bit and got Kings of Kudos ranking up from 1250ish to just outside the top 1000 but had to crash out for an early start. Weekend starts in 7hrs so there will be a lot of DC this weekend. Let's hope the servers hold!
Definitely giving that Zonda a spin tonight.

Its taking me longer to get through these events as I progress, as the higher speed means I have to have a much better grip on the courses. Its all good. Feels great to beat a few leaderboard times on time trials getting to know the car and track, only to then jump into the event and be ready to take advantage of any opening.

Time trials vs. Player ghosts really does help improve your times, but also sets you up to win against the AI.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just had a big crash

mP3rjz.gif

http://youtu.be/isnCTZzEkAw

LOL the crowd clapping you out at the end.

audeh64r8

Banned
10 cars 11 tracks.

You can play online as well.

That's some decent content for the PS Plus edition... Glad they included online as well.
You could kinda say that the PS plus edition can last quite some time...
Will they also implement weather (when its available) to the ps plus edition?

The Marussia Drift event is very hard... I can't unlock that damn third star :-/
Whether I do not drift enough to gather points or I drift too hard and do a 180. The track is not very wide (none are in this game...) which doesn't help either. I'll get this star but I'm afraid it'll take a while.

Shadybiz

Hey guys, I didn't realize that you can race against PS4 friends' times in this. I'm already in a club, but my PSN name is Shadybiz; feel free to send invites so I can see how terrible I am! Just please make a note that you're from GAF.

I've been playing regularly, too, so this'll be good for when they implement private matches.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Definitely giving that Zonda a spin tonight.

Its taking me longer to get through these events as I progress, as the higher speed means I have to have a much better grip on the courses. Its all good. Feels great to beat a few leaderboard times on time trials getting to know the car and track, only to then jump into the event and be ready to take advantage of any opening.

Time trials vs. Player ghosts really does help improve your times, but also sets you up to win against the AI.

Challenge Accepted!

Jburton

Banned
Cant get the update and now my connectivity issues have gone back to being as bad as they where in the start, my club is gone as are the cars that where unlocked by the club.

Cant do the delete thing unless i want to downlaod the whole game again.

Bebpo

Banned
Tried the game again for the first time in 3 days in hopes I could actually join a club, but nope "your connection to the server has been lost"

Smh

Acidyl

Yeah; finally got my pre-order cars, but now it fails to download the new update. How this game is being handled is beyond me, I was actually planning to get the season pass before launch, now I wish I could get a refund.

Ugh, 1:30am here and really rough right now. I've lost count how many times I've been getting dis-connected just over these last five minutes. Get back to work/sleep, rest of the world!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The Marussia Drift event is very hard... I can't unlock that damn third star :-/
Whether I do not drift enough to gather points or I drift too hard and do a 180. The track is not very wide (none are in this game...) which doesn't help either. I'll get this star but I'm afraid it'll take a while.

Don't forget speed it important too so try and exit fast if you can.

Vol5

Nice! What car view do you use?

Venom GT. It's an event in the single player mode. I think I've just got into the top 10. I shaved another 100th of a second off. Just waiting on the damn servers to come back online. If you enter the event and see the Top 10 leader board I could be on there as Spydymanx

dano1

A Sheep
Venom GT. It's an event in the single player mode. I think I've just got into the top 10. I shaved another 100th of a second off. Just waiting on the damn servers to come back online. If you enter the event and see the Top 10 leader board I could be on there as Spydymanx

Sorry I got that. I was wondering what of the 6 car views you use to drive.

p3n

Finally got the Pagani drift event to clear the tour 225/225...man that was weird. Everytime I tried to do clean drifts I got ~250 fame per turn. Hitting e-break and just smashing into the walls on the 180° turns nets 1500+ per turn. What a completely stupid scoring system.

Also it seems the pre-order bonus fame only lasts for one "session". When I came back from dinner it wasn't working anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

Konosuke

New GAF CHALLENGE folks:

Alright fellaz, sorry for the delay. Here's the challenge for the next 48h.

Fun lil' track, you guys will go Bananas with fast times on this one.

708c0d37-572b-4304-80bb-768e1087bc8e_zpsee3f8e0b.jpg

Time to Beat: 0:58.422

Car: Audi RS 5 Coupe

Track: Fraser Valley, CAN ( 6th Track )

Time of Day: 10:00

Time Lapse: x30

Crowd Size: Med

Weather: Clear ( yup, Race to your heart's content ;)

Gets busy and Have fun !!!

mreddie

I'm gonna wait this out but luckily, I got a horror film marathon tonight so hopefully, everything will be ready by then.

liger05

Tried getting online and every race I got an error message at match making stage.

I just want to play multiplayer sometime and it's getting so annoying not being able too.

Fix this BS already!!!

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!
Make it work. Even the update gets a motherfucking error again and again.

This game is sooo good. I feel sorry for Evo that this shit will fuck up sales because of this. I've never encountered so many errors in a game.

Top Bottom