• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

So PSN is back up but still no patch for N. America when it came out in Europe 24 hours ago. This is the only thing that has truly pissed me off with the game's launch.

The patch still isnt up? This is getting really ridiculous. Im starting to know what BF4 players felt like when that launched..

Moozo

So has 1.04 totally broken the matchmaking? Because it seems that way on my end.

NA: wouldn't fret about not having it.

You know what would be the ultimate 'thank you for being patient with us while we fix the game' gesture?

Logitech wheel support. Do it Evolution.

Relique

I really want to support this game but it's becoming harder to justify the purchase with every passing day. Bring on the hotfixes and the eventual PS+ release. I want to see this working a 100% before I commit to a purchase.

dano1

A Sheep
I really want to support this game but it's becoming harder to justify the purchase with every passing day. Bring on the hotfixes and the eventual PS+ release. I want to see this working a 100% before I commit to a purchase.

I dove in on day 1. Game is awesome when it works. Once fixed and weather hits this will surpass my favorite racer GT6.

dano1

A Sheep
Game is awesome even when online doesn't work.

Very true. But unfortunately for me my cheap friends are waiting for the PS+ version. And I'm waiting for them to set up my club. So I hate going through the single player and no points going to my club:(

But I do practice once a day..

Fatal Error

Neo Member
ahhh, I played for hours and got the club level to 11 then somehow it is now 10, and I keep missing points for the club, I should stop playing until they fix it.

aro52

Hoping this T300 preorder is sitting in the local Amazon warehouse, and turns into a same-day delivery tomorrow. :)

More on topic... besides the stuff that's down on purpose (challenges), I've had great servers all week. Love logging in after a workday and seeing my Club has gained progress, giving me access to a new car! Thanks clubmates from other timezones.

Installed the updated. Connected then disconnected then connected again. Still seems unstable. Let's see.

Doing anything in event browser immediately disconnects me. I have to go back to the main menu before it reconnects.

Sigh.

Very true. But unfortunately for me my cheap friends are waiting for the PS+ version. And I'm waiting for them to set up my club. So I hate going through the single player and no points going to my club:(

But I do practice once a day..
Create a club, invite one of your cheap friends. Invite them over to play your copy, have them sign in to psn on your machine and accept the club invite.

1.04 has fixed nothing for me. When I join an online match, I still get kicked once the lobby syncs up. This has to be a fucking joke. It has to be.

Wait, when you're picking a car, is the one on the far right the best one, or the far left (first)? It is hard to compare scrolling back and forth between a list of cars.

iFootball

Woah... "Punching above your weight" sure took me a while to accomplish...:

LhQ2TeQ.jpg

Dat last lap holding position + looking for record lap-time... So tense!

benzy

Updated and working pretty nicely here.

Wait, when you're picking a car, is the one on the far right the best one, or the far left (first)? It is hard to compare scrolling back and forth between a list of cars.

I mostly just look at the stats and choose the one with higher acceleration and speed, but those tend to be more difficult to control.

Cubed

Woah... "Punching above your weight" sure took me a while to accomplish...:

LhQ2TeQ.jpg

Dat last lap holding position + looking for record lap-time... So tense!
That was insane.

I actually got the star from finishing in 1st place looooong before I earned the one for beating the lap time.

NA 1.04 update.
Took multiple attempts to kick it off but then caught it and downloaded/installed it.

Result in game? no change.

Driveclub still connects then disconnects as soon as you start it. Never get longer than a flash of connectivity.

GodofWine

After the update i was able to connect and see leaderboards and club stuff, MP wasnt making matches but i wonder if thats because there are people both with and without the update (?)

Connection would drop occasionally but my times and points counted

Bebpo

Banned
Absolutely hate P2P race stars with AI cars. It's one thing to do a P2P time trial, and lap races with AI cars are mostly ok because you can pass the AIs on the first lap and then it's time trial for second lap. Hot Laps are great because you get a rolling start and don't have to waste the first lap for the real run test, drift is fun, but P2P w/AI "beat X time" arghghghhg.

Been going back today and clearing up stars and man, that Italian Performance Cup took me like 30-45 mins of retries and was frustrating as hell because the track is narrow and the AI is shit.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RHQR0-G1sOE?feature=player_embedded

That first 90 degree turn right at the start 15 seconds in where everyone slows down and if you try to pass you get slammed...horrible. I'd get totally screwed 2/3 starts right off the bat and have to keep restarting the first 30 seconds until I didn't get messed up too bad there. Then if the AI catches up or is head 2 head at any of those narrow turn points there's this huge chance they'll tap you and spin you out and there goes any chance at that 2:20 lap time.

I don't mind racing the AI itself, in fact it can be fun and exhilarating to try to get first place. But going for time speed stars while dealing with the "I'm going to kill you" AI is just annoying!

Blargh

Got the update but its been up and down and up and down and off and on.

The first time trial I ran started with that same red text telling me the server was unavailable, and then 3 seconds later the green text telling me the connection to the servers were re-established, and then 3 seconds later the red text came back, and then it reconnected and then... etc. etc.

I actually preferred it when it was all the way down or all the way up, because now that I have a taste of the leaderboards and ghosts and face-offs it sucks when they disappear.

The face-offs are making me a better driver.
Its a really interesting way to teach the track. Turning challenges show you the line through the more difficult turns while the speed challenges try to get you to put the most petal to the metal in the straights and easy bends. Drifts are... well, I'm just ignoring drifts for now. Will come back to those later.

Still, its more than some mini-rivals thing - they are truly teachable moments - both in driving techniques and in the rhythms of the track itself.

Am I the only one seeing nothing but team races on my event browser? Like seriously since yesterday thats the only thing that comes up for me.

Top Bottom