• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I'm at work waiting anxiously to get home and beat DHC-Shannow's time before the evo challenge ends lol.

Haha bet that's killing you! I've actually finished work for Christmas so all going well I should get the chance to improve it a bit more ;-)

If it hadn't been for your ghost showing me where you are so fast I don't think I'd have got near your time - even now I can't get through those first few bends as fast as you do, it's at the back of the track I get ahead.

Flunkie

Banned
I need some Driveclub friends yo, my list doesn't have enough challenges.

PSN: Flunkie44

Oh, and I'm super proud of this:

Ujk6CA7.jpg

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Any chance of having a little bit of info on the cars in the game devs?, you know, stuff like drive configuration, engine size, power, torque etc etc?

Any reason why there isn't any currently?

Agreed old fellow.

Had to look in the world wide webs why the Venom was so quick. Crazy old petrol heads like yours dearly sure enjoy some numbers!

Rushy dear chap,

I hear ye say the game is arcadey. Who am I to differ.
Been properly driving Pc-sims since I was young, and your beloved game feels sim in nature. It obeys to Over and understeer, lift-off oversteer, power-over and understeer, trail-bracking, weight-distributed drift (Scandinavian flicks) and some more. Basic sim traits well hidden beneath a lenient set of rules pertinent to off-track events and collisions (arcade traits).... And sitting here writing this keystroke by keystroke, it does now seem "arcadey" is the proper term. Well, blimey me. This was a waste of 5 minutes of my time.

Salute

Mitch

Banned
Getting ridiculed for loving DriveClub..

Yep, that is happening on another forum right now.. Ofcourse by people who haven't even played the game..

Really do not understand the hate for this game, even with the launch-problems.
"Don't knock it until you try it" is what I'd say. Coming here and talking with you guys about the game really helped me make my decision. The game is absolutely solid.

Yay, Season Pass bought.

Can't wait to try out the new cars.
I'll probably do this next pay day.

I need some Driveclub friends yo, my list doesn't have enough challenges.

PSN: Flunkie44

Oh, and I'm super proud of this:

Ujk6CA7.jpg
So graceful.

I'll add you once I get home from work.

Anyone else looking for more people to play with, hit me up: ServbotMitch

Nyx

"Don't knock it until you try it" is what I'd say. Coming here and talking with you guys about the game really helped me make my decision. The game is absolutely solid.

Agreed!

And I will add you, everybody needs that PSN friend that is easily beaten. (hence : me)

danowat

Banned
Tried to add a few guys on here, anyone else having problems with the PSN mobile app?, keeps saying can't connect to server.

In the meantime, feel free to add me : Danowat32

DBT85

Will go through and add the folk from this page in a sec. DBT--85.

Still slots free in GAF Cubs if anyone wants a club.

I think I sent you the wrong challenge, DBT. lol

I had a time that was better than yours, but I don't think it was that track. I am still trying to figure out how to correctly send challenges-- this was my first sent challenge. Challenges are crack.

I added Danowat and Flunkie.

NoFoX

Can someone beat the Driftduel at the BMW M5 GP (Elements)?
I have all stars beside on this event -__-
A video would be very helpful!

Siegmeyer

The Evo challenge on Atlanta has Vegans is so much fun. That middle part of the track with all the gentle left and rights in quick succession - you can really fly through there if you get a good line but the wet surface + M4 results in you actually spending little time going in a perfect straight line. It's like an extra-long, super-fast, micro-drift. Or something. It's sublime.

Yay, Season Pass bought.

Can't wait to try out the new cars.

I'm on the fence about buying it. I swore never to buy one again because by the time a developer completes giving us the content I've usually moved on to another game. I never actually save money because half of the season pass goes unused. I don't see another racer coming out on PS4 that grabs my attention for a long while though so it might be worth it.

I do want the packs that come out on the 23rd though. I'll either just buy them or jump at the season pass on that day, depending on my mood.

Actually, credit to Evo for this happening. A month ago I would have laughed at the thought of buying DLC for this game. Now, the game works a lot better most of the time and I want that damn Corvette. The free pack also showed me what content I was getting as far as how I would play it, not in just some list on a piece of paper. That helped to sway me as well.

DBT85

Improved my time a bit on one of the EVO challenges, I know I can go a couple secs faster but a long lap is a real ballache when you fluff the first or second corners lol

On another note, when someone sends a challenge that is a race, it would help if the timing data you get is to the best laps, not the other cars in the race, since they are essentially just roadblocks.

Mitch

Banned
Improved my time a bit on one of the EVO challenges, I know I can go a couple secs faster but a long lap is a real ballache when you fluff the first or second corners lol
Any screw ups within the first stretch of a lap, and I restart it. I can't stand it, but I'd rather not spend all that time on the track, only to fail at getting a star.

I got soooooooo burned by that shitty ass Destiny Season Pass that I swore to never buy another. I think DriveClub and Alien: Isolation will both make me a liar. DriveClub for the huge amount of content for $25 and Alien as it is my GOTF.

I just got kicked from the servers... ugh. Maybe I'll wait on the pass. lol

Siegmeyer

Can someone beat the Driftduel at the BMW M5 GP (Elements)?
I have all stars beside on this event -__-
A video would be very helpful!

It's tough for sure. The final drift section is key, you can get 2.5k on that corner if you nail it. I was struggling to egt within 500 of the 3 star score, then one good final corner and I passed easily.

You've beaten Venom Hot Lap 2 and are stuck on this? Can we switch skillsets please? :)

danowat

Banned
It's tough for sure. The final drift section is key, you can get 2.5k on that corner if you nail it. I was struggling to egt within 500 of the 3 star score, then one good final corner and I passed easily.

It is indeed tough, is one of the M5's better at drifting that t'other?

DBT85

Any screw ups within the first stretch of a lap, and I restart it. I can't stand it, but I'd rather not spend all that time on the track, only to fail at getting a star.

Depends on the event. Sometimes doing a lap will give you a better start as you'll be faster than it starts you, sometimes it's raining in by the second lap. In the case of that challenge it's a very fast first 35 seconds or so until the first big stop, then it's lots of uphill twisty bits until you're back down at another hard stop before the annoying bridges where the car just wants to wash out left.

So if you cock up the first couple of fast corners you've had it and have to wait 2 minutes to try again (and make the same mistakes lol)

I got soooooooo burned by that shitty ass Destiny Season Pass that I swore to never buy another. I think DriveClub and Alien: Isolation will both make me a liar. DriveClub for the huge amount of content for $25 and Alien as it is my GOTF.

I just got kicked from the servers... ugh. Maybe I'll wait on the pass. lol

Yeah connection is down. You in a club yet?

Oh for a rewind feature............;-P
tumblr_mfczmbe6oB1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Two quick noob questions:

1) What does the white badge on the car icons mean?

2) When you hit a checkpoint and the game flashes a person's name and time on the screen, is green for how much you are ahead of their time and red how much you are behind? Or does green mean they are ahead? red they are behind?

I just got all stars for the Rookie Trophy!... That GTI you get for clubs helped me get the last few stars.

Yeah connection is down. You in a club yet?

My club is now live! Gridlink DC.

NeoRausch

Can you do that with another car? Could be its the AWD option...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_Rt_12

I remember being able to do something similar on a gym floor with a 4wd RC car.
I haven't tried yet. But I would guess is only on that ruf (weight/engine/torque etc)

I don't think realism is the ultimate goal for DC's physics.

Yeah I know, but I liked it anyways. It's not like you would reproduce that in a normal race.

Two quick noob questions:

1) What does the white badge on the car icons mean?

2) When you hit a checkpoint and the game flashes a person's name and time on the screen, is green for how much you are ahead of their time and red how much you are behind? Or does green mean they are ahead? red they are behind?

I just got all stars for the Rookie Trophy!... That GTI you get for clubs helped me get the last few stars.

My club is now live! Gridlink DC.

Yep the white shield on the car icons means it's a club car, unlocked by your club ranks

The red numbers are how far you are behind the guy in front when you cross the sector line, green numbers are how far in front of the next guy. Handy to know but can put pressure on you if you see the green figure getting smaller.

green numbers are how far in front of the next guy. Handy to know but can put pressure on you if you see the green figure getting smaller.

Well, that is interesting... so I could get two numbers if I am in second place: The leader, and the third place driver. Thanks.

And your times are ridiculous.

I haven't tried yet. But I would guess is only on that ruf (weight/engine/torque etc)

Yep I think we're both right, it happens as its 4wd (thought it felt different to the RGT-8) and it's the most powerful 4wd in the game so it can't be reproduced- I wonder what the FF does.

Well, that is interesting... so I could get two numbers if I am in second place: The leader, and the third place driver. Thanks.

And your times are ridiculous.

Yeah you'll always get two times (time to the guy in front of you and the guy behind you) unless your leading. Lol and cheers for the comment but I don't think I'm that great on most tracks, there's just a few favourites I'm good on!

Siegmeyer- I wonder if Driveclub GAF actually took part in the challenge would it appear on the friends challenges tab? Or is that only for challenges they've created?

Rushy dear chap,
I hear ye say the game is arcadey. Who am I to differ.
Been properly driving Pc-sims since I was young, and your beloved game feels sim in nature. It obeys to Over and understeer, lift-off oversteer, power-over and understeer, trail-bracking, weight-distributed drift (Scandinavian flicks) and some more. Basic sim traits well hidden beneath a lenient set of rules pertinent to off-track events and collisions (arcade traits).... And sitting here writing this keystroke by keystroke, it does now seem "arcadey" is the proper term. Well, blimey me. This was a waste of 5 minutes of my time.

Salute

This is a great post, I think that's why the game is so damn great - it feels authentic to drive and fantastic fun (as well as bloody dangerous) without getting bogged down with the stuff that makes playing sims a pain at times.

Lol and cheers for the comment but I don't think I'm that great on most tracks, there's just a few favourites I'm good on!

I-dont-believe-you.gif

It looks like that little weave at :58 cost ya in Time 2. But otherwise, damn! And are you and DHC using DS4s? or wheels? I also figured you guys for cockpit view.

Question about flags: Green: No brake; don't let off throttle; Yellow: Let off throttle; maybe brake. Red: HOLY SHIT! Slam brake; release throttle?

Top Bottom