• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

ValfarHL

So, after a few weeks break because life, I completed Venom Hotlap 1 today, and it wasn't really that difficult once you figured out which turns could save you valuable time. Two of the three last corners, I think, were where I shaved my time to below 1.16, and still feeling I could do it half a second faster without much trouble.

Just tried Hotlap 2, and fuck me this is going to bust my balls. Luckily my T500 is mounted, and too heavy to throw in the wall.

On another note, I had a xbox and forza fanboy at my place today, and after destroying my wheel with insane drifting he said something like "Fuck me, this is so much better than Forza". He's now buying a PS4 and a wheel.

Keep spreading the word, cause Driveclub is not only the best driving game I've played, it's the most fun I've had gaming since I don't know.

Shaneus

Fucking hell this car gives me a boner! The looks, the handling, the engine ROARS!

10854207_901785666521418_7750775319540360423_o.jpg

10548154_901785879854730_9141743517105583939_o.jpg
I thought we were posting only screenshots in this thread? No IRL stuff pls.

PS. Can't wait to get in that damn car. I suspect the centre-placed driver's seat will give the in-car cam a completely different feel.

Tommi84

The original took me HOURS to beat.
I think it took me an hour and a half or two hours. The biggest problem right now is that even though i played more and i KNOW that there's only one rule during Venom Hot Lap -> do NOT ever, EVER slide during exiting the corner, the slippery track makes it worse. Pad's trigger doesn't allow for finer adjustments required. I may try with analogue sticks. Will see.

Mitch

Banned

PS. Can't wait to get in that damn car. I suspect the centre-placed driver's seat will give the in-car cam a completely different feel.
Holy hell, I did a double take on the second picture. Beautiful.

ValfarHL

I'm on mobile, and uh, I can't tell if the pictures are from the game or not. Are they??

Shaneus

I'm not home for another two days or so, and can't fucking wait to play this game.

Oh, wait. I have my Vita with me! If I can just find a half-decent internet connection (doubtful) I can play it remotely. Woooo!

NeoRausch

I suspect the centre-placed driver's seat will give the in-car cam a completely different feel.
It really does! Having equal space to both sides in a car is really something.

But am I the only one who thinks EVO should mark new cars/tracks better in the menus?
Just mark the new cars and tracks with a yellow corner or something.
New stuff is already getting lost and we only started the DLC part of the game.

I wonder about his setup.
Wheel + manual?

I've no idea what he uses and I don't know if there's any advantage over a pad on this game - I just use a pad but with accelerate & brake on L1 & R1 cos I broke my R2 hinge by pulling on the trigger too hard!

A lot of us early adopters didn't have any tour times recorded as we'd completed the tour before the servers were up - I think there's only the last few events with any of my times on.

NeoRausch

I've no idea what he uses and I don't know if there's any advantage over a pad on this game - I just use a pad but with accelerate & brake on L1 & R1 cos I broke my R2 hinge by pulling on the trigger too hard!

A lot of us early adopters didn't have any tour times recorded as we'd completed the tour before the servers were up - I think there's only the last few events with any of my times on.

Wait.... No analoge accelerating/breaking for you?

Anarion07

early adopter, too.
But I reran all of the events when the leaderboards finally worked.
Then some got deleted again but well.
But I'd prefer you don't repeat the first events. I like my rankings :p

edit: I don't analogue acc/brake either. Does that help?

Mitch

Banned

Cringed pretty hard picturing that. I guess you have a lead finger?

DBT85

My worry about the DLC is that I'll need to be an ever increasing master at the game to stand a chance of beating any of it. If I can't cope with Photo Finish or Ignition then there will be less point for me to buy the others.

Hmm starting to find the AI very frustrating in this game. To be honest they are fun to race against I just don't think they work well with the lap time aspect of some of the star requirements. Getting the time you require seems to be more luck than skill, hoping you get a race where the AI won't either sit three across the road blocking you from passing (because of course you can't put a tyre an inch off the track or you basically stop) or smash you off the road at some random point or even have a massive pileup in front of you blocking the entire road.

If the race is laps of a circuit then I let the pack drive off and then start running just to try and get a clean one. I find it very difficult with the AI braking at points that I feel it doesn't need to, banging in to me, me into them etc.

If its a point to point then you just have to try and wing it, one of the first events on the bit after Rookie events is an Audio challenge with a very high speed course. This one Green shithead keeps ramming me off. I've left it for now!

Don't wanna be smug about it but I'm baaack :)

Dunno who he is but he just destroyed my Venom hot lap 2 time by 1 second. Bloody hell.

You're Anakin Skywalker right? That's how you're so fast?

ValfarHL

Hmmmmm.....

What? It just made me happy hearing him say such a thing with genuine enthusiasm after telling me countless times that xbox and forza is the shit. I really want Driveclub to do well, cause I can't wait to see what Evolution cooks up next. Be it Driveclub or Motorstom, I'm there day 0 (after online is sorted out) heh heh.

Rushy

It's so awesome that you did the Torque Vectoring.
I saw a documentation about that car talking about it and wondered if you'd implement it.
I wonder if AMG provided you with some information on it?
Since, I mean, that has to be a lot to program

Well, we haven't done a 100% accurate simulation. As you suggest that would be a major undertaking, and we're not a 'sim' racer anyway, but it feels right and that's what matter in DC.

Anarion07

Well, we haven't done a 100% accurate simulation. As you suggest that would be a major undertaking, and we're not a 'sim' racer anyway, but it feels right and that's what matter in DC.

It's pretty fucking great either way.
In that documentation the driver said it's a game changer handling-wise, and that's actually what it feels like in DC.
Now I'm hoping for the BMW i8 :D

A question to those with the new DLC: Are the new cars locked behind higher driver/club levels?

It's pretty fucking great either way.
In that documentation the driver said it's a game changer handling-wise, and that's actually what it feels like in DC.
Now I'm hoping for the BMW i8 :D
It seems pretty awesome from a technological standpoint, but I just can't get behind electric cars. The fact that they had to add in fake engine sounds kinda of puts me off.

Also if memory serves me right, Jeremy test drove one in an episode of Top Gear recently. Definitely a cool car.

Don't wanna be smug about it but I'm baaack :)

Dunno who he is but he just destroyed my Venom hot lap 2 time by 1 second. Bloody hell.

Back to you bud ;-) Please don't beat me again!! That was tough!

Cringed pretty hard picturing that. I guess you have a lead finger?

Lol when I'm in the zone I don't feel anything, it's when I stop that it hurts!

Wait.... No analoge accelerating/breaking for you?

If you watch any of my vids you'll hear lots of tapping of accel & brake - which is pretty much how I drove before anyway.

Mitch

Banned
Played for 30 minutes while the game updated.

Wow. This is perfect. Definitely the right decision picking this up.

Moozo

I quite want to buy Elements, but having to add £5 for something that costs £1.69 is stopping me. I don't need that spare change floating around in my account, it won't get me anything.

krioto

You can fix this - I did.

Open up the controller and remove the spring attached to the R2 button - that's it! It will still work with the broken hinge when you take out the spring.

My controller works perfectly - see this guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYaYks2o2Qg

Top Bottom