• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Hugstable

Banned
A quick summary of everything released/releasing this month:

10382285_743289109088785_5814957076033049643_o.jpg

10856569_743289115755451_5619359094304576881_o.jpg

Those in the EU can grab the new content right now: LINK

I've been excited for the Elements Tour pack for awhile! When is it supposed to be out in the US? Also were you guys crazy enough to set a drift race in heavy precipitation weather? :p

Echoes

Any tips on playing the game? I find myself especially bad with strong turns or corners. Usually in a racing game I figure out the balance between braking and pulling the hand brake, but I still can't figure out how to best play it. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Really beautiful game, very impressed with the visuals. The weather update is crazy good.

lordxar

Any tips on playing the game? I find myself especially bad with strong turns or corners. Usually in a racing game I figure out the balance between braking and pulling the hand brake, but I still can't figure out how to best play it. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Really beautiful game, very impressed with the visuals. The weather update is crazy good.

Try letting off the gas. That was an eye opener for me once the challenges started working and I saw more skilled friends ghosts. I kept wondering how they were doing sweeping curves faster and even sharper curves to a point. I kept breaking in them and either spinning out or going wide and getting on the shoulder but if you ease off the throttle instead of breaking as much you may notice a difference.

leng jai

I don't really see the point of buying the DLC unless you really want the cars. You're essentially paying for custom events and trophies. I guess this is a byproduct of them making the tracks free to everyone, which is of course a good thing.

Mitch

Banned
Try letting off the gas. That was an eye opener for me once the challenges started working and I saw more skilled friends ghosts. I kept wondering how they were doing sweeping curves faster and even sharper curves to a point. I kept breaking in them and either spinning out or going wide and getting on the shoulder but if you ease off the throttle instead of breaking as much you may notice a difference.
Great tip. I can hit drifting pretty well on a few tracks, but more times than not I am hitting the wall.

I've got 2 spots open if you're looking for a club! We are currently lvl 12. Send a request to Lunar FC.
I'm a total newbie, but interested. I'll send a request.

Mitch

Banned
We're all newbies here, so no problem. Added!
Much appreciated. I'll definitely be playing this quite a lot over the next few weeks. Looking forward to doing challenges and leveling the club.

Digging the club colors and emblem, by the way.

Echoes

Thanks, such a simple and obvious tip that made all the difference.

CDV13

I've got 2 spots open if you're looking for a club! We are currently lvl 12. Send a request to Lunar FC.

Hey! Anyway I can get in there? I'm in a club but the other person never plays. Is rather play with active members. I'm at work but my name is Coopdeville91 if there is an opening!

Is the game at all comparable to PGR 4? That was one of my favorite games last gen. So if it is similar, I'd be interested in buying Drive Club.

Ranger X

Is the game at all comparable to PGR 4? That was one of my favorite games last gen. So if it is similar, I'd be interested in buying Drive Club.

Honestly I did not play PGR4. But I was a huge fan of PGR2. And Driveclub feels alot like PGR2, same type of fun I had. The game is arcadey but with a realistic touch, the fictive tracks are amazing, controls precisely and rewards practice. Heck there's even some equivalent to kudos in there.

Honestly I did not play PGR4. But I was a huge fan of PGR2. And Driveclub feels alot like PGR2, same type of fun I had. The game is arcadey but with a realistic touch, the fictive tracks are amazing, controls precisely and rewards practice. Heck there's even some equivalent to kudos in there.

Awesome. Sounds right up my ally. Saw it was on sale for $35 on Amazon. Gonna have to buy it now.

Hey! Anyway I can get in there? I'm in a club but the other person never plays. Is rather play with active members. I'm at work but my name is Coopdeville91 if there is an opening!
Sure! Whenever you get on, just send a request to Lunar FC, and I'll add you.

Siegmeyer

Anyone else having issues with the Challenge menu? It says I have 5 'Received' challenges, yet there is only 1 when I select it.

Also, where are the Evo created challenges that you guys have mentioned? In the Community Challenges section somewhere?

Nyx

Getting ridiculed for loving DriveClub..

Yep, that is happening on another forum right now.. Ofcourse by people who haven't even played the game..

Really do not understand the hate for this game, even with the launch-problems.

danowat

Banned
What? It just made me happy hearing him say such a thing with genuine enthusiasm after telling me countless times that xbox and forza is the shit. I really want Driveclub to do well, cause I can't wait to see what Evolution cooks up next. Be it Driveclub or Motorstom, I'm there day 0 (after online is sorted out) heh heh.

It's an unnecessary comparison.

They are both attempting to appeal to a different demographic, they are both different enough to co-exist, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

FM5 scrathes my SIM itch, the physics, at least in terms of realism, blows DC out of the water.

DC scratches my arcade, graphical jaw drop itch, in the same way PGR4 did when that first came out.

Both great games, we should be happy that both consoles have very good exclusive racing games.

USF

I need to someone who's online now to participate in 5 challenges so I can get the "unbeatable" trophy, I got no friends with Level 20 or above to do it.
My PSN is XUSFX

USF

I need to someone who's online now to participate in 5 challenges so I can get the "unbeatable" trophy, I got no friends with Level 20 or above to do it.
My PSN is XUSFX
Forget it I was sending the wrong challenge all the time, my bad

You can fix this - I did.

Open up the controller and remove the spring attached to the R2 button - that's it! It will still work with the broken hinge when you take out the spring.

My controller works perfectly - see this guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYaYks2o2Qg

Cheers for the vid, I've got to make a decision now whether to live without a controller and DriveClub whilst Sony replace it under warranty or just have a go at it myself. Does the R2 feel different?

danowat

Banned
The BMW M5 GP event is sublime, but by 'eck is the drift challenge star tough, drifting in this game is a bit squiffy.

Am I the only one who'd like to see the length of some events increased?, maybe even some endurance events.................

Vaga

Soo that vincentsebastien guy..

Scottish Summer (Mazzanti), my take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkJNcSivE5E

I mean I know I fucked up on some parts, but how can you shave off 4 whole seconds off that?
Vaga youre just behind him. How lol.

Yeah I know, had a quick run before bed last night, I can beat him no worries. This game is pure cocaine, trying to beat no1 times in challenges left and right, tour events and then there's multiplayer on top of that.

I'm at work waiting anxiously to get home and beat DHC-Shannow's time before the evo challenge ends lol.

Watching your video you had a pretty good run until the last 2 red turns where you completely lost it braking early in both and coming out the second you lost time accelerating, 2-3 seconds lost there easy. Plus a bit lost in the first turn and the second one where you must be flat out.

Anarion07

Yeah I know, had a quick run before bed last night, I can beat him no worries. This game is pure cocaine, trying to beat no1 times in challenges left and right, tour events and then there's multiplayer on top of that.

I'm at work waiting anxiously to get home and beat DHC-Shannow's time before the evo challenge ends lol.

Watching your video you had a pretty good run until the last 2 red turns where you completely lost it braking early in both and coming out the second you lost time accelerating, 2-3 seconds lost there easy. Plus a bit lost in the first turn and the second one where you must be flat out.

Okay thanks, guys.
Yeah I guess I was just overly cautious in the last 2 turns, since I spun out pretty badly a couple of times earlier.

Siegmeyer

First attempt at Venom Hot Lap 2 - 1.38
Second attempt - 1.35.

Only 15 more seconds to save! Yeah.... this one's gonna take a while.

krioto

Cheers for the vid, I've got to make a decision now whether to live without a controller and DriveClub whilst Sony replace it under warranty or just have a go at it myself. Does the R2 feel different?
Not at all, to be honest, after I took the spring out, I could not see what it was actually for, as controller feels the same

danowat

Banned
Any chance of having a little bit of info on the cars in the game devs?, you know, stuff like drive configuration, engine size, power, torque etc etc?

Any reason why there isn't any currently?

Top Bottom