• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Denur

We're having quite a battle you and I on that DeZir Wester Ross challenge but I think that last time you've put in may well be the winner!
Yes, that is a nice battle, but I doubt that it will be the winning time, there is still plenty of room for improvement. Nice to see that mangochutney is having a go at it too. But damn, I do hate that last corner.

Noooooo! Actually I'm surprised there are any on there due to the server issues when I did the tour on launch, but good on ya :)

I figured you haven't gone back to those pleb challenges, and if you did you would destroy the time anyway. And I almost sent it to you as a challenge as a joke...

Wait, are you not supposed to hit the full throttle at the start of the race? (This conversation is fascinating.)

I figured you haven't gone back to those pleb challenges, and if you did you would destroy the time anyway.

Wait, are you not supposed to hit the full throttle at the start of the race? (This conversation is fascinating.)
You can do - but in the high powered cars you'll get some slight wheel spin, some cars in the game also pull left/right a bit, but ultimately you don't lose much time and probably lose more trying to get it just right and being too conservative.

So as I say - I just give it full whack!

viveks86

I think I can confidently say that I've mastered drift. I'm able to beat most challenges without cheating or crashing into walls. Hope Evo fixes that exploit so that I can actually compete with clean drifters.

Still pretty average when it comes to racing though. I can get all stars, but not good enough to set any competent leaderboard times. I'm too hard on the throttle and brakes :/

Yes, that is a nice battle, but I doubt that it will be the winning time, there is still plenty of room for improvement. Nice to see that mangochutney is having a go at it too. But damn, I do hate that last corner.

Spoken like a true prophet ;-)

Yeah that last corner is damn tough to get right. Even all the corners on the way back up the hill have their own pressure as you can't afford to lose any more speed than absolutely necessary.

I thought 1.08 was meant to allow you to use Club liveries when servers are broken?

It doesn't work and servers currently down, can't even use the default Club livery that shows in it's place. Can use the cars though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
honest question is this more arcade racing or forza/gran turismo racing ?

(i class need for speed as more arcade racing dunno if its classed as that lol)

Thanks for the detailed info on the tire squeal, folks! I'm so used to pure arcade racers that I just considered it audio window dressing. Now that I know I can glean some information from it, I'll start to pay closer attention.

honest question is this more arcade racing or forza/gran turismo racing ?

(i class need for speed as more arcade racing dunno if its classed as that lol)

It's definitely more Forza/GT in how it handles but without the tuning and driving aid crutches that those games give you. It's arcade in that it doesn't give you cars stats or history, and is a bit more lenient about braking and off road excursions. It easy to pick up but hard to master, like most great games.

Skii

Just completed the Venom hot lap 2 with a time of 1.19.928. That was pretty difficult lol. I always messed up the last corner. So difficult not to slide off the track as that chicane is where I gained time on the ghost (as most people do I assume).

Well that does suck but thankfully DriveClub isn't an always-online game.

And I wish I could blame service outages for why it took me two hours of runs to set a < 3:06 time in the Ignition X-Bow Rally event. There's one high camber uphill switchback on Nilgiri Hills reverse that took me 50 tries easily to avoid spinning out or slamming into the side walls in the Mono, and even when I finally managed it I was so very slow and careful I didn't think I'd make it under the challenge time.

But I did it, finally. Squeaked in at 3:04.9 or something having learned quite a bit in the process, only then to see another friend's leaderboard time at 3:00m. Hah. It never ends :)

viveks86

And I wish I could blame service outages for why it took me two hours of runs to set a < 3:06 time in the Ignition X-Bow Rally event. There's one high camber uphill switchback on Nilgiri Hills reverse that took me 50 tries easily to avoid spinning out or slamming into the side walls in the Mono, and even when I finally managed it I was so very slow and careful I didn't think I'd make it under the challenge time.

I fondly remember screaming at the TV multiple times on this one… :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is the Rack Em Up Knock Em Down trophy bugged? It's for beating 3 target times in a single time trial event and I just did that twice. Once with a P2P and another hot lap. A bit frustrating :/

Is the Rack Em Up Knock Em Down trophy bugged? It's for beating 3 target times in a single time trial event and I just did that twice. Once with a P2P and another hot lap. A bit frustrating :/

Worked fine back when I did it, just 3 laps one after the other slightly quicker each time.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I spent over an hour trying to get the third star in the first event from the elements tour. Last run was .08 seconds behind. Will try again tomorrow ; ;

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Worked fine back when I did it, just 3 laps one after the other slightly quicker each time.
Hmm, so I have to sequentially beat them? Strange it's not specific about this in the description. I'm pretty sure I've done it like this in previous trials as well.

Hmm, so I have to sequentially beat them? Strange it's not specific about this in the description. I'm pretty sure I've done it like this in previous trials as well.

Yep I think you need to do it in one session with no restarts on 3 consecutive laps, setting your fastest lap each time.

Skii

But I did it, finally. Squeaked in at 3:04.9 or something having learned quite a bit in the process, only then to see another friend's leaderboard time at 3:00m. Hah. It never ends :)

Ah, that turn would always put me 3 seconds behind the ghost but it wasn't too difficult to catch it up providing you didn't fully spin out at those two corners!

I think i've created another DRIVECLUB believer.
Made my brother try the game in time attack mode and left him 15 minutes trying to beat the time lap.

When i came back he told me : " this game is like a drug, each time i beat a time , another appears !"

And i was just smiling , since i knew already how fearsome it is , as you can waste time in driveclub like no other game.

"It's a drug , bro"

desu

I followed the guide from playstationtrophies.org and had no problems with this one:

This trophy has always been confusing to other people. The easiest way is to do this while not being connected to the internet. When you go to solo events on time trial while offline, set a target time by doing the worst you possibly can. Then you have to go around the track three more times. You have to better your times with each lap. After setting the first target time, and then beating times on three more laps, you can finish the event and the trophy will pop. For example:

First Lap: 10 minutes
Second Lap: 7 Minutes
Third Lap: 5 Minutes
Fourth Lap: 2 Minutes

You have to keep beating the times each lap. If you do it with a connection, then you have to beat the target time listed at the upper right of the screen, but try not to do your best every time.

lordxar

OK I see what the star fuss is now. Base tour is fine and I think that progression is good but the DLC is a bit demanding. The 12 and 27 could easily be toned down to like 10/22 or 8/20. Wanting to hit that Venom hot lap 2 but I'm sitting at 3 stars so 12 seems like a long way off.

lordxar

The more I drive in this the more I'm wondering why the big auto makers aren't licensing a similar software package to let us virtually drive the new lineups? That would be pretty sweet. Probably not worth the cost but I think it'd be pretty sweet especially the higher end stuff I couldn't afford in rl anyway.

witness

This was the game I was most excited for Christmas. Pissed about PSN being down but I'm very happy I was still able to update it for the weather patch. Looked incredible, I love the feel of the game. Waiting for PSN to come back up so I can renew my PS+ and buy the season pass!

As soony as PSN is back, I am sending out several friend invites. I have a full club, but I need more friends for leaderboards and stuff. Just an FYI.

Top Bottom