• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I've started a club called Name Not Taken. I'm looking for some racers to hop in and start having some fun!
Udontneed2know26 username. Add me up an lets roll

Could PS+ version be coming soon?

This is the first time I've seen this since the first day of DC's launch. It's the upgrade icon that's available for those who downloaded the PS+ version instead of the full version.

wyVC1Yj.jpg

Ferr986

This is the first time I've seen this since the first day of DC's launch. It's the upgrade icon that's available for those who downloaded the PS+ version instead of the full version.

wyVC1Yj.jpg

The PS+ upgrade has been there since day 1 I think.

Denur

Speaking of challenges, I set the fastest time in the world with an X-Bow on Bandipur today so decided to send it out as a challenge... I'm now 3rd fastest in the world thanks to Vaga and Mango :-(
Damn, you guys are good. After quite a few laps, I'm still seconds off the pace.

Just picked this up today after finishing Dragon Age yesterday, i'm looking forward to having some fun on it and remembering what a terrible driver (not in a real car) I am!

Nerded out tonight and ran each car on Oliver's Landing to get their top speed.

Average speed by class:
Hot Hatch 131 MPH
Sports 143 MPH
Performance 160 MPH
Super 170 MPH
Hyper 200 MPH

Slowest Super car was the Twin'Run at 142 which could easily slide into the Sports class. Some Supers could drop down to the Performance class like the Bac Mono (154) and Xbow (156). The most surprising to me was the Agera topping out at 213 and just nudging the Venom which ran 212. The P1 took third fastest at 210 with boost on but only 189 with DRS at the default angle and no boost. Slowest Hyper was the Huayra at 190. Spano was fastest Super at 190.

Doesn't mean a whole lot since braking and overall handling play a lot in the actual racing part but was a fun little project.

That's really interesting (I approve of your nerdiness:) - I knew the Spano was fast but I didn't realise it was hyper car quick. That and the slow speed of the twin run just shows top speed isn't everything on a lot of the tracks as I'd take the 48mph slower twin run on many of the circuits over the Spano.

wyVC1Yj.jpg

How's Malaysian PSN? Last time I used it I was sorely disappointed.

Damn, you guys are good. After quite a few laps, I'm still seconds off the pace.

Cheers bud :) I've realised after doing the same track with the different light weight cars that my driving style very much suits the more 'pointy' cars like the atom and the x-bow over the higher cornering speeds of the Caterham and Mono. Have you tried the Caterham one yet? You might find your quicker than me on that one.

JP

It's only two points, I'd be a bloody fool not to do this.
Famous last words from me just now when I was approaching the final corner in a championship with a championship first place in sight and I see a drift challenge where they only scored two points. :(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I am missing 28 stars from the base tour mode, and all of them are much harder to get than the final 9 in the legends cup. The legends cup was actually pretty easy.

Skii

What's everyone's opinion on the best car in the hyper class? I feel like the Pagani Zonda R and Hennessey Venom GT are clear winners. I was really disappointed with the Gumpert.

Denur

Cheers bud :) I've realised after doing the same track with the different light weight cars that my driving style very much suits the more 'pointy' cars like the atom and the x-bow over the higher cornering speeds of the Caterham and Mono. Have you tried the Caterham one yet? You might find your quicker than me on that one.
Tried the Catherham, closing in fast....

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
What's everyone's opinion on the best car in the hyper class? I feel like the Pagani Zonda R and Hennessey Venom GT are clear winners. I was really disappointed with the Gumpert.

Zonda is the only one I even kinda enjoy driving. The Venom is like trying to control a melting stick of butter on the road.

Greg

Venom is easily my favorite

so much fun to drive

Nerded out tonight and ran each car on Oliver's Landing to get their top speed.

Average speed by class:
Hot Hatch 131 MPH
Sports 143 MPH
Performance 160 MPH
Super 170 MPH
Hyper 200 MPH

Slowest Super car was the Twin'Run at 142 which could easily slide into the Sports class. Some Supers could drop down to the Performance class like the Bac Mono (154) and Xbow (156). The most surprising to me was the Agera topping out at 213 and just nudging the Venom which ran 212. The P1 took third fastest at 210 with boost on but only 189 with DRS at the default angle and no boost. Slowest Hyper was the Huayra at 190. Spano was fastest Super at 190.

Doesn't mean a whole lot since braking and overall handling play a lot in the actual racing part but was a fun little project.
It originally was!

lordxar

Venom hands down. The Mclaren's are good but the P1 takes flight too easily for my taste. The Pagani club car sucks balls, ie I can't control it. Feel the same way about the Gumpert. Both are a sliding mess of me crashing.

Venom hands down. The Mclaren's are good but the P1 takes flight too easily for my taste. The Pagani club car sucks balls, ie I can't control it. Feel the same way about the Gumpert. Both are a sliding mess of me crashing.
You don't like the Zonda R (the club car) because it slides around but you pick the Venom? Whuuurrrrt. The Venom is the most temperamental of the lot!

The Zonda R is very easy to control. If it slides then you can just steer the other way and drift round a corner and remain with your foot planted on the pedal. Do that in the Venom and you'll die immediately.

lordxar

You don't like the Zonda R (the club car) because it slides around but you pick the Venom? Whuuurrrrt. The Venom is the most temperamental of the lot!

The Zonda R is very easy to control. If it slides then you can just steer the other way and drift round a corner and remain with your foot planted on the pedal. Do that in the Venom and you'll die immediately.

Don't know why lol I'm weird like that. For some reason the Venom clicked. I'm drawn to fast and crazy I guess! Its like in the Road Rash 2 days where I picked the Diablo nitrous bike. Craziest shit you could drive in that game but it just clicked. Hell I think I did the Legend stars with the Venom. The look, the engine whine, love me some Venom!

I do need to learn the Pagani's though. One or more of the tour races won't allow the Venom or the Mclarens which have been my crutches so far.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The Zonda is the only car in hyper class I can even remotely control. I don't know how i am going to do that Venom hot lap ;_;

I pick the Zonda R too in most events - the McLaren F1 LM is great too but I haven't used it enough yet. I do use the Venom on occasion if there's a lot of high speed stuff as the top speed is awesome.

It originally was!

I remember our first convo on that when I thought it'd be a hot hatch!

Anyone here have the baseline thrustmaster wheel? I don't really feel like paying $399 for forced feedback when my $140 PS3 logitiec wheel had it. Curious about impression and if it's worth it without the forced feedback?

I was curious so I watched the GB Quick Look of Forza Horizon 2 today ... I'm baffled about people comparing the two games and all the FH2 comments that pop up in DC threads. It looks like Burnout Paradise. Apples and kumquats.

Whilst playing online the other night there were a couple of suggestions thrown around in the chat for new / alternative multiplayer modes that might get more players to brave the online side of the game.

Multiplayer time trial / rally mode - so essentially your racing against the clock with all the online opponents appearing as ghosts. You still have the pressure of seeing someone catching you etc but none of the frustration as he can't stick you into a barrier to pass....

Race of champions mode - everyone posts a time with a set car & track and are then in a knockout cup 1 v 1 comp with 1st against last, 2nd against next to last etc with the losers getting knocked out and the winners facing off. This is probably not going to work at the mo with quitters & disconnections but I think it'd be fun to play.

I was curious so I watched the GB Quick Look of Forza Horizon 2 today ... I'm baffled about people comparing the two games and all the FH2 comments that pop up in DC threads. It looks like Burnout Paradise. Apples and kumquats.

That's system wars for you. DC looks better and has the same frame rate (the Forza 5 defence) hence that corridor racer bollocks - thankfully many of those 'concerned' gaffers aren't posting in this thread any more.

I just sent requests to some regulars here and some new players who posted their PSN tag on the last few pages. Hit me up for more: Radarscope1. I'm still working my way through the Amateur Tour (lvl 26) and I'm looking for some fellow scrubs to challenge.

Whilst playing online the other night there were a couple of suggestions thrown around in the chat for new / alternative multiplayer modes that might get more players to brave the online side of the game.

Multiplayer time trial / rally mode - so essentially your racing against the clock with all the online opponents appearing as ghosts. You still have the pressure of seeing someone catching you etc but none of the frustration as he can't stick you into a barrier to pass....

Race of champions mode - everyone posts a time with a set car & track and are then in a knockout cup 1 v 1 comp with 1st against last, 2nd against next to last etc with the losers getting knocked out and the winners facing off. This is probably not going to work at the mo with quitters & disconnections but I think it'd be fun to play.
MP time trial sounds cool.

Race one sounds a bit time consuming though.

lordxar

FH2 sucked, well the demo I tried sucked. Felt exactly like NFS. I'm sure its a fun game but open world racers get boring very quickly for me. At least the ones I've played. I'd much rather have a track to learn and not be bothered with oncoming traffic, driving to a race, or any bullshit story. I think that's why I like DC so much. Now if a game could meld the two successfully it would be cool. Like take DC tours and use FH2 for the open world part. Actually a free roam world in DC would be pretty damn cool. Just because it wouldnt be the whole game, just another piece.

Are the last 2 livery packs not included in the season pass?

They should be, it's an error on the store that should be fixed soon.

MP time trial sounds cool.

Race one sounds a bit time consuming though.

I had a multiplayer race where everyone else was a ghost and it was great being able to just drive the racing line without getting shoved all over. It is nice when you do put a clean pass on someone in normal multiplayer though so I wouldn't want to replace it, just have another option if your fed up of being rammed.

The race of champions thing would only last 4 races at most, and less for most people :-
Round 1 - 12 players, last 4 knocked out
Round 2 - 1/4 finals, 1 v 8 etc
Round 3 - Semi finals
Round 4 - Final

It's like a party mode that you would've seen in an old burnout game. I just think it'd be more rewarding to have an event that lasts more than 1 race, and a cup style event where people are knocked out probably works better online than a league (where they'll probably leave if they aren't doing well).

lordxar

Sweet 197/225 now with some of the thorns in my side down. Zonda isn't so bad I guess. Ran the shit out of that and the Venom on Glenmorgan reverse and got both cars to 1:18 but the Zonda was slightly quicker in the end by like 0.3 lol

psychotron

Ok so the difficulty seems to have spiked real fast for me. Can you guys provide some key tips other than git gud? Taking a Forza approach of braking in advance doesn't seem to be working here as the AI racers fly past me. I prefer automatic but maybe I need to force manual. Help!

Ok so the difficulty seems to have spiked real fast for me. Can you guys provide some key tips other than git gud? Taking a Forza approach of braking in advance doesn't seem to be working here as the AI racers fly past me. I prefer automatic but maybe I need to force manual. Help!
What are you doing and where are you up to? The original Tour?

sneaky77

If you're getting passed like that you may be breaking too much or not coming out of the corner fast enough, I play automatic and I have all the stars including the dlc tours so I don't think that's a big difference, if you're lower level is possible you may need to come back to some events after unlocking other cars, I had to do that originally on the tour.

psychotron

What are you doing and where are you up to? The original Tour?

Original tour. I'm able to win if I try many times but I almost feel like it's luck. My car goes screeching across the road whereas the AI seems glued to the track. Should I be drifting around turns? Braking?

Original tour. I'm able to win if I try many times but I almost feel like it's luck. My car goes screeching across the road whereas the AI seems glued to the track. Should I be drifting around turns? Braking?

Whereabouts are you up to & what cars are you using? The skills you used in Forza should translate into DC pretty well, just a case of learning the tracks for the most part.

viveks86

If you are hitting the apex well, the only issue could be too much braking. This is something you can improve on only with practice. Replicate settings of track in time trial and keep improving your lap times. You will get a good idea of when to hit the brakes and to what extent. Also, some of those flags can be deceptive and you might be able to make the turn without much braking at all. That again requires practice. You don't need manual for any of the stars. And drifting rarely ever helps with your exit speed

Shopan

Neo Member
Thanks for joining!

Two spots open.

Club name: Uprise

Can I get an invite? Just got the game today due to this post. It grabs me right away, I know why I didn't like rival and fh2, I am annoy about driving to start an event. Same goes for nfsu2 open world

Top Bottom