• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

hitgirl

I don't really enjoy the drifting events, have not really completed many of them because I find it really difficult. Anyone got tips for drifting?

nib95

Banned
Might sound bizarre, but I really don't want to get back in till they fix the new exposure issue. But the temptation is so strong!

IKizzLE

Is there any drawback to using it?

None at all. It actually handles even better than the Hennessey Venom GT lol.
Only thing is 1st and 2nd gear. It burns through those 2 gears so fast that youll never have grip.

Only car that will be able to compete with this car is the SSC Tuatara.

SSC Tuatara
1350 HP
1270 KG weight
0-60 2.3 s
276 mph top speed

One:1
1341 HP
1360 KG weight
0-60 2.8
281 mph top speed

These two cars are the current pinnacle of the automotive industry and in Driveclub, the one:1 is gonna wreck EVERYTHING!

Have you guys debunked if the new exposure/gamma issue wouldn't simply be the newly added SMOKED WINDOWS?

Might sound bizarre, but I really don't want to get back in till they fix the new exposure issue. But the temptation is so strong!

It appears to be fixed for me in the latest patch. The blacks aren't washed out now.

Edit: just read above, there's apparently a new issue exposure/gamma.

Just when you think you conquer this game along comes another event that almost results in a DS4 going through my tv.

This Midnight tour is travelling in that direction!!

IKizzLE

So I take it the new Tours are quite tough? If so, great news! :D

Yea, downforce is pretty easy but I just finished an event called Dusk Til Dawn in the Midnight Tour, and I'm not going to lie, there were some moments that pissed me the hell off. Really good challenge in that event.

You have to use the Ruf CTR3 and your racing against Zonda Rs and Gumperts and its 13 laps. Gotta finish top 3, beat 9 face offs and get a really fast lap time. Restarted a couple times on laps 8 and 9 lol. Good stuff though!

Does it affect third person view and all tracks? Can't say I've noticed it but I'm ocd, I know it would hamper my enjoyment if I knew it was bugged.

Putty

Yea, downforce is pretty easy but I just finished an event called Dusk Til Dawn in the Midnight Tour, and I'm not going to lie, there were some moments that pissed me the hell off. Really good challenge in that event.

You have to use the Ruf CTR3 and your racing against Zonda Rs and Gumperts and its 13 laps. Gotta finish top 3, beat 9 face offs and get a really fast lap time. Restarted a couple times on laps 8 and 9 lol. Good stuff though!

13 laps?! F'n awesome! It's about time we had long races like this! This makes me happy. I'll grab later today 8)

nib95

Banned

Woah. Sounds tough! Looking forward to it.

Putty

Woah. Sounds tough! Looking forward to it.

I still want to see my individual lap times during the results screen. In a 3 lap race, I want see my 3 lap times. If I do a 10 lap race, then I want to see my 10 lap times. with the best sectors highlighted and a best sectors lap to see "what if" I put it all together.

Lunar FC

I almost lost it on the last lap. Things would have been broken.

desu

Oh God, that sounds evil. Looking forward to this.

danowat

Banned
Just came back to Driveclub to check out the new DLC after a month away, in that time I've been playing alot of FM5.

And by heck can you tell the difference between 60fps and 30fps...........

Siegmeyer

Fuck me, Dusk til Dawn is going to take a few tries to 3 star. First go I finished 8th, never being higher than 6th, completed just 4 Face-Offs and was 0.6 off the required lap time.

I almost lost it on the last lap. Things would have been broken.

I did!!!

Finally managed to get the lap time below where it needed to be after about 12 consecutive 58sec laps and on the last turn I cut it a little too close to the barrier and spun out, putting me back in 4th. If I hadn't tried to be a hero and nick 1st I would have finished in 2nd but it was just so tempting but I paid the penalty.

Auctopus

Just did Dusk till Dawn seeing as everyone was talking about it.

That was pretty tense, it also illustrates how silly drift challenges in races still are.

Edit. Also the one:1 is virtually a spaceship. It's letdown is clearly it's handling though, it won't turn until it's slowed down quite a bit. Will be carnage online in the wrong hands.

Sorry to let you guys down but current home and work issues just mean I'm not going to be able to run this competition. If anyone else wants to take over and give it a bash I'd be happy to give whatever assistance I can.

Does it affect third person view and all tracks? Can't say I've noticed it but I'm ocd, I know it would hamper my enjoyment if I knew it was bugged.

Third person view is unaffected, just cockpit/dash cam. It appears to be a problem on all tracks as I've personally tried many from all different locations.

Ebolarama

Banned
I really like the Midnight tour and I enjoy the thematic tour packs that come out every
month. I'm wondering now what kind of themes they can do for the remaining 5 tours considering they've covered Japan, the elements, and night racing (since half of each month's tour pack is pretty much just slanted toward making you try out all the new cars in random events, I'm only wondering about the half that is not focused on the car packs).

IKizzLE

Aston Martin Vulcan just revealed. 800 HP. You know what to do Rushy.

aston-martin-vulcan_01.0.jpg

aston-martin-vulcan_02.0.jpg

Leunam

Has it ever been suggested that we have the option to edit helmet livery? I know you rarely get to see it but it would add a nice personal touch.

I'm itching to play the new tour packs, but I think I'm gonna wait for the contrast/saturation (or whatever it is) issue to be fixed first. The muted colours, and the overall 'grey' look to the image when playing in dash and cockpit views is putting me off.

16645466965_51269820d9_o.jpg

16644468952_616d584f0e_o.jpg

16644059871_211a4f285b_o.jpg

I also cut out the same piece of sky from the bumper and dash-cam pics to make the issue easier to see:

8AAb6On.png

Oh, so hood-cam is unaffected? Strange, Japan still looks washed out to me.

Hood i cant remember at the top of my head but both chase cam views are unaffected.
Thing is...i've always thought bright sunny conditions have looked darker than they should. Would be good if Evo gave us the option to adjust the exposure in-game...just like Gran Turismo 5.

Sorc3r3r

Awesome event it is, enjoyed every fraction of second of it.
The best in the two new dlc for me.
Btw i liked these two new dlc way more than the last two.
Some new challenges, better weather, time and cars choices: Evolution are understanding their own game more and more seems to me.
You have created a great platform guys, i hope two things, that you will keep delivering on updates and events and that we will see all this know how, all this better knowledge of your own game strengths poured in a big DC overhaul next year.

(That was a very complicated phrase to write for me, english is not my first language, i hope it makes sense. XD )

What's the point of that?
Surely the environment will look darker inside the car because of the windshield / tinted glass?

It's like that in any racing game.

But it wasn't like this before, was it? I don't remember it looking so bleak in dash and cockpit view. I'm sure all views looked the same in terms of saturation and contrast before this issue arose. Which is why I made that comparison.

And I don't think it's intentional either because when you switch to dash or cockpit view, you can see the colours start to dull a split second after switching. It's not an instant transition.

89c1510e38e0.gif

*Shrugs*

True, a better comparison would be dash cam sky pre and post patch

I think this has already been done.

Edit: Yup, already been done a few pages back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152338229&postcount=11420

AMG

Neo Member
I am loving the factory colors option. Suddenly no don't have to worry about which colors to fit into the 4 custom paint boxes!😀😀👍👍👍

(Edit) on a side note the Corvette Z06 is a fun drive if you like the controlled oversteer style versus the ZR1's more sticky grip and faster pace. It's actually interesting in a slower more fun way.😀 who says you can't have fun while driving slower 😉.

Top Bottom