• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

The dream for more hot hatches is long dead my friend..
Still praying for some form (except the brand new one, ugh) of the Lancia Delta. How can this not be in the game?
Lancia-Delta_Integrale_1992_1024x768_wallpaper_03.jpg
(apologies if it doesn't work, can't rehost at work so could well come up with a placeholder image)

Shaneus

I found the best thing for drifting is the One:1 and that tight little Chilean circuit with plenty of curves. Works out about 7-10,000 points per lap, and a lap is about 1 minute. About 100k points netted me I think around 10km of drifting.

So I'm looking at about an hour and a half or so of lapping that track in the same car to get that accolade. I'm not not looking forward to it, strangely enough!

DJ Gunner

After hearing about the punishing difficulty of From Dusk till Dawn, I decided to try that first.

Here is the result of my first attempt:

V7r3Qxq.jpg

It took some concentration to be sure- I thought I might miss the face-offs, but somehow I pulled it off.

Nighttime rain sucks- but not as bad as nighttime snow (looking at you, Elements finale)

viveks86

But it wasn't like this before, was it? I don't remember it looking so bleak in dash and cockpit view. I'm sure all views looked the same in terms of saturation and contrast before this issue arose. Which is why I made that comparison.

And I don't think it's intentional either because when you switch to dash or cockpit view, you can see the colours start to dull a split second after switching. It's not an instant transition.

89c1510e38e0.gif

*Shrugs*

I think this has already been done.

Edit: Yup, already been done a few pages back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152338229&postcount=11420

It wasn't intentional. It's getting fixed in the march update. Unfortunately, that means waiting for bit.

Speaking of March, zomg I'm hype! ;)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm surprised I haven't seen many ppl mention this but one of the things I've noticed is when using the cockpit view quite a lot of the cars rear view mirrors are the wrong aspect ratio. EG; the F50 or was it the new F-Type Jaguar looks like a 16:9 image squashed into 4:3. I think from memory there may be a couple where it's the other way, a 4:3 stretched to 16:9. It's only the rear view mirrors though. ( I don't use any other views so can't comment on them).

You'd be surprised how many cars have this.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I found the best thing for drifting is the One:1 and that tight little Chilean circuit with plenty of curves. Works out about 7-10,000 points per lap, and a lap is about 1 minute. About 100k points netted me I think around 10km of drifting.

So I'm looking at about an hour and a half or so of lapping that track in the same car to get that accolade. I'm not not looking forward to it, strangely enough!

Pick a car that's not leveled up much in our Club. Say it's at level 2, by the time you've finished you'll get bonus fame of around 14%. 2% for reaching lvl 3, 3% for lvl 4, 4% for lvl 5 and 5% for maxing out. Winning.

Putty

Just finishing off the Sakura tour before I do the new tours. Did a few more events last night. On one of the TT's, I'm ahead of my GAF chums, sat at 35 in the world or whatever, but there is one chum who sits at the very top of my friends list, and his name ..........is kie25

kyser73

I have been neglecting my DC for The Order and *gasp* reading a couple of books.

13 lap race, you say? Liking the sound of it. I've been getting some endurance training in on SP races set to 25 laps.

Denur

I have been neglecting my DC for The Order and *gasp* reading a couple of books.

13 lap race, you say? Liking the sound of it. I've been getting some endurance training in on SP races set to 25 laps.
It is a fun race and not easy at all. On my first attempt I didn't get a single star! Love the renewed level of difficulty of most of the new events I've done so far and also the variation.

Still having trouble getting the hang of drifting though. I almost always spin-out (using a racing wheel). What might I be doing wrong: lift off over-steer, not enough counter steering, going too slow or too fast, ...?

farmerboy

Right about now I'm starting to wonder when will I actually get sick of Driveclub.

Shannow - sorry to hear you won't be able to conduct the rally. Wonder if anyone will. I think everyone's occupied with the current expansion!

Gandalf

Rushy

Just had this weird audio glitch on the new Downforce DLC.

The first one I tried was the Centennial Drift event. On the second to last corner I bumped into the barrier, the very moment I touched the barrier the audio for the game cut out on me. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I tried turning up the volume and every time a number when up, I get a weird click noise? Does that all make sense?

It's not the PlayStation as literally the moment I exited the game, after a few audio crackles everything was fine again.

Anyone else have a similar bug?

Edit: In fact it was the last corner! And I luckily recorded it so I'll upload it to YouTube in a moment. The audio cut out on the recording too.

lordxar

Rushy

Just had this weird audio glitch on the new Downforce DLC.

The first one I tried was the Centennial Drift event. On the second to last corner I bumped into the barrier, the very moment I touched the barrier the audio for the game cut out on me. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I tried turning up the volume and every time a number when up, I get a weird click noise? Does that all make sense?

It's not the PlayStation as literally the moment I exited the game, after a few audio crackles everything was fine again.

Anyone else have a similar bug?

Edit: In fact it was the last corner! And I luckily recorded it so I'll upload it to YouTube in a moment. The audio cut out on the recording too.

It happens to me from time to time, only thing you can do is restart DC.

nib95

Banned
The One:1 looks ridiclous.....ly amazing. Insanely fast and over the top. Didn't realise until earlier today that it has the name it does because it has 1360bhp, and also weighs exactly 1360kg.

Denur

Quoting myself:
...Love the renewed level of difficulty of most of the new events I've done so far and also the variation.

Played a bit more and found that 3-starring the time trail events is still way too easy. In my opinion, getting those three stars in a time trial should be something special, like with that first Venom hot lap.

Goldrusher

Vuhl Proof is hard.
It's a terrible car for tight tracks... so Evolution decides to torture us by making us drive it on a tight track. :p

edit: Woohoo, all 6 stars.

The One:1 looks ridiclous.....ly amazing. Insanely fast and over the top. Didn't realise until earlier today that it has the name it does because it has 1360bhp, and also weighs exactly 1360kg.
Its acceleration is insane.

IKizzLE

First actual running megacar. (Megawatt of power = 1 hp to 1 kg)
The ssc tuatara is next up. The stats of the car is 1360 hp at like 1200 kg. But it's not actually out in the wild and running so let's see I'd they can deliver on their promise. Till then, one:1 is currently the fastest production car in the world.

I am loving the F50!! Just been throwing it around Fraser Valley and managed to snatch the global number 1 spot for that car. Pretty confident that it won't be there long but I'm chuffed to even be there for a few minutes!

But that car sounds so good and just sticks to the road.

F40 next pls Rushy!!!

AMG

Neo Member
I'd love see the option to compare lap times for different vehicles on the same track. Maybe we could select a set of cars we want to race in time trial (one at a time of course) on a specific track. As we drive each car to the limit the game would keep the time trial data for the other cars in the group selected that I have raced on that track. You are in effect racing against yourself with different cars to see which is the master of any specific track.

I did a back to back time trial of about 3 laps for the Z06 and ZR1 and one thing I got out of that was that even though the ZR1 was almost 8 seconds faster than the Z06, the Z06 was more fun pushing to the limit with its predictable oversteering. therefore a time log would do wonders as I tried to compare other cars on the same track.

Goldrusher

I am loving the F50!! Just been throwing it around Fraser Valley and managed to snatch the global number 1 spot for that car. Pretty confident that it won't be there long but I'm chuffed to even be there for a few minutes!
I gave it a shot, and as I was trying to beat you - which I did :p - someone else was another second faster. :(

matmanx1

I haven't been playing DC very long but I am already enjoying it and starting to level up and unlock cars. Unfortunately I don't have a club and it seems sort of counterproductive to make a club for just one person. Is this the right thread to look for a club or is that done somewhere else?

Beautiful game, though!

Leunam

I've got tons of room in my club: Blasting Zone. I play almost every night.

Currently level 7 so we don't have every car but it's something I've been working hard on. I've been trying to maximize big point boosts by leveling accolades that are almost complete.

I haven't been playing DC very long but I am already enjoying it and starting to level up and unlock cars. Unfortunately I don't have a club and it seems sort of counterproductive to make a club for just one person. Is this the right thread to look for a club or is that done somewhere else?

Beautiful game, though!

Just check back a few pages in here, I've seen quite a few people mention they started up clubs. Including the post right below yours :)

matmanx1

I've got tons of room in my club: Blasting Zone. I play almost every night.

Currently level 7 so we don't have every car but it's something I've been working hard on. I've been trying to maximize big point boosts by leveling accolades that are almost complete.

Leunam I will send you a request for an invite. I don't play every day but I'm on at least a couple of times a week. I appreciate it!

asmudge

Banned
The one is the best car yet.

But whats the deal with the sound? Sounds like theres a snake in the trunk. Overall it sounds brilliant though.

Leunam

Leunam I will send you a request for an invite. I don't play every day but I'm on at least a couple of times a week. I appreciate it!

Anytime. It's actually an open club, you might be able to search for it. Otherwise, I can definitely add you tonight. No worries about how often you can play, it's a pretty casual racket I got going on.

But that car sounds so good and just sticks to the road.

F40 next pls Rushy!!!

The F50 is brilliant. Forget the F40 for now though - Ferrari are already well represented.
It's time for Lamborghini to get some cars in the game and the Nissan GT-R, Ford GT40, Honda NSX and some hatchback and sports cars. Have they broken something lately. Everything seems too dark.

AristoCat

is that ghost in the real version ? :p

Yes, it is the symbol of a suedish plane squadron which was based where the koenigsegg are built now.

@Rushy

It would be really great if we can turn off the livery of the AI when playing solo. Is such a thing possible for updates to come ?

krioto

I quite enjoyed the Downforce pack - the new One:1 is insane - rubbish under braking, but the speed and sound when accelerating is worth it.

And the F50 is a joy to drive - that Ferrari event in Chile where you need to stay in the lead was great - I'm liking the slight variety that is starting the creep into the tour events

DJ Gunner

Oh my god the Ferrari F50.

What a superb combination of acceleration and handling. This car is an absolute dream to drive- and brings back such nostalgic feels from PGR3.

I'm totally in love with this car. And it looks absolutely stunning in this game.

EDIT: anyone want to try a ZR1 challenge at Tamil? I've been working on it for the better part of an hour and think I've got a pretty decent time. I haven't been keeping up with PSN names in this topic (sorry) so if you'd like me to send it to you let me know (with tag). I'm controller-auto, also.

The F50 is brilliant. Forget the F40 for now though - Ferrari are already well represented.
It's time for Lamborghini to get some cars in the game and the Nissan GT-R, Ford GT40, Honda NSX and some hatchback and sports cars. Have they broken something lately. Everything seems too dark.

Yep, Rushy is aware of the game looking darker which I've highlighted below. Should be rectified in the next patch due in March *Fingers Crossed*

Gamma issues have been fixed but now a new problem arises.

@Rushy Thanks for fixing the gamma issues for cockpit modes on the Japan tracks but a new issue has arisen in the new update with the cockpit mode again unfortunately.

As you can plainly see in my examples below, the exposure/contrast/saturation inside cockpit view in the new 1.11 patch is completely off. Now looks a lot more dull and flat, particularly in sunny conditions and needs to be brightened up again like it was before. I noticed this problem as soon as I fired up the game this evening.

Both examples below are in Putre, Chile at 12pm

Before:
Before%201.jpg

After: (New Patch 1.11)
After%201.jpg

Before:
Before%202.jpg

After: (New Patch 1.11)
After%202.jpg

Could you please look into this Rushy?

Apologies if I come across as nitpicky. It's just that these things severely hamper my enthusiasm for the game because it generally looks so bloody amazing and plays great.

Many thanks

Top Bottom