• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Omg omg omg omg omg!

Finally beaten the venom hot lap! My time at the start of today was 1:16.567, after enough laps for it to turn dark I had knocked it down to 1:16.065. So close!

Then after another 4 laps on a fresh start i nailed every sector and got a 1:15.273.

So chuffed with that! This game rocks!

Congrats man :)

I hope you maintained your composure better than I did

.273 is a great time on there. I couldn't get under .500

Congrats man :)

I hope you maintained your composure better than I did

.273 is a great time on there. I couldn't get under .500

Just about. I had choked on the final corner so many times but that time I had the perfect line out of the chicane which made it easy to make it around with only a slight feather of the throttle. Just got the two championships left for my final stars then I can start on all the dlc tours

Just about. I had choked on the final corner so many times but that time I had the perfect line out of the chicane which made it easy to make it around with only a slight feather of the throttle. Just got the two championships left for my final stars then I can start on all the dlc tours

Nice! Here's a video of my run, I actually think I still had quite a bit of room for improvement at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZ45K3Y-U4

Nice! Here's a video of my run, I actually think I still had quite a bit of room for improvement at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZ45K3Y-U4

That looks so much smoother than my run. I completely forgot to record it though. Only real difference I saw was I'm much further to the left of the track and turn in early for the final corner after the chicane. But that was some smooth driving. Mine just feels sloppy and aggressive the way I throw the car around

That looks so much smoother than my run. I completely forgot to record it though. Only real difference I saw was I'm much further to the left of the track and turn in early for the final corner after the chicane. But that was some smooth driving. Mine just feels sloppy and aggressive the way I throw the car around

Haha thanks, it took me nearly 100 attempts so I had some time to refine it :p

viveks86

Gonna get back to the tours as soon as I finish Life Is Strange tonight or tomorrow. What is everyone's feedback on this month's DLC? How is the difficulty?

benzy

Gonna get back to the tours as soon as I finish Life Is Strange tonight or tomorrow. What is everyone's feedback on this month's DLC? How is the difficulty?

Haven't done much in the tours yet, probably gonna wait until they fix the brightness issue again.

The One:1 is an amazing car though. Finding it difficult to tame in the wet.

tumblr_inline_ncgl0w9iHV1qa7k0a.gif

Sirenty

As for this talk about the fast drivers and using wheels or not, I'm using my age (39) as my excuse. The motor skills and reflexes just aren't what they used to be. On most car/track combos I can get pretty close, but on some I just can't do it. I've made my peace with that..

I'm a year younger than you and I did the same thing ("accept" my age), especially when it took forever to beat the venom hot lap. But doing challenges every day has really helped me. Someone sent the venom hot lap as a challenge recently, and even though I hadn't played it in some time, I got a sub 1:16 the first try and a 1:15.0 after a couple tries. The leader had a 1:14.8 and I was ahead of him by several tenths several times, but then I would get excited / feel the pressure and blow the chicane or last corner. I never thought I'd be able to do something like that. :) That rally showed me I still need a lot more practice though.

Also jumping on the Vuhl hate bandwagon. The only tip I can give is not to let off the gas like other cars, as it bites hard both getting off and on. I would actually still give it slight gas while braking and that helped keep it straight instead of snapping like that M4 jumping the curb.

And here is me thinking the Vuhl was easy too drive. I've only tested it in the wet but seemed normal, nothing really jumped out at being unusual.

DJ Gunner

FWIW, I'm 40. 585/585 and a platinum.

I spent years playing Midnight Club competitively online, and had a very good teacher in Forza 3/4 that helped me really learn throttle control and taking the proper line in those games.

I refuse to let my age slow me down. :)

Gandalf

I spent years playing Midnight Club competitively online, and had a very good teacher in Forza 3/4 that helped me really learn throttle control and taking the proper line in those games.

You're only as young as you feel :)

I've still not hit the 4th level on the Game Modes accolade yet (last one left). I'd love to just grind on time trials and just go for the fastest times, but I'm miles behind on them. This platinum will be mine someday!

nib95

Banned
Finally played the game earlier after a long hiatus. Told myself I wouldn't till the exposure thing was sorted, but the need to test the new vehicles was too strong. Told myself I'd only jump on for half an hour, ended up playing for two hours lol.

The F50 is probably one of my favourite handling cars in the game. It is so beautiful to drive. Effortlessly skirts around corners with a hefty amount of oversteer and slide, whilst maintaining immense control and temperament. A really fun drive.

The One:1 is just beastly. Maybe too beastly? Does this thing even have any flaws? It is not only an adrenaline inducing rocket ship (thing makes me nervous every time lol), it handles superbly as well.

Also enjoyed the VUHL though it does seem fairly tame overall. Viper sounded great and felt pretty good, but didn't spend nearly as much time with it as the others. Didn't get time to test the F-Type.

xrnzaaas

I finished all the new events and I gotta say it was a strong DLC. It only sucks that the Midnight tour had a laughably easy main event. I like all the cars, even the Vuhl. I was cursing when I first tried it, but when I learned how to drive it I started to enjoy it.

CozMick is streaming DC right now - First time I've seen the friend is streaming notification in the what's new area which is quite cool. Sent him a few messages to see what happens with that - he was killing it in first person view of anyone fancies checking it out :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

Brofist.

Almost 43 here, not quite as good as I was 10yrs ago (which I'm sure was my prime ;-) ) but working my way through. Got the Plat and about 15 stars from 585.

CozMick

Banned
CozMick is streaming DC right now - First time I've seen the friend is streaming notification in the what's new area which is quite cool. Sent him a few messages to see what happens with that - he was killing it in first person view of anyone fancies checking it out :)

Called it a day lol, 2+ hours of dash cam is nerve wrecking when streaming.

The One:1 has the smallest wiper I have ever seen,

Cheers for watching you old codger ;p
I'm 34 :(

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just got the 6 stars in the Vuhl race. It's a good feeling taming that beast, you gotta find its faults and try to use them to your advantage.

Just wish all the new content, cars and tracks, were supported in the accolades.

T_Exige

Just completed the midnight tour, for me it was around the same difficulty then the elements tour. Had about 4 tries on the 13 lap race, the top 3 was going fast around this track. A mistake at 7/13 would be almost game over.

Gandalf

Woohoo! Finally got a world record. I did it with an F50 on a track, and got the quickest time with that. But that gave me an itch to get an overall best time on a track. After about an hour of frustration and getting from 95th to 3rd. I did it!

Koenigsegg One:1

Maplewood Canada 02

0:36.653

I know I could go sub 0:36.500 as the first sector wasn't that great. But I'm happy nonetheless :)
I don't know how long that time will stay there? But even if it's 5 minutes... It certainly got the old ticker pumping. I'd feel honoured if a GAFfer knocked me off top spot.

I might upload the lap to YouTube soon.

Gandalf

Got another world record!

Maplewood 01

0:46.917

This is too addictive. Time for Maplewood 03!

Edit: got the WR for Maplewood 03 too! I'm done now. I'm a happy bunny :)

Putty

Got another world record!

Maplewood 01

0:46.917

This is too addictive. Time for Maplewood 03!

Edit: got the WR for Maplewood 03 too! I'm done now. I'm a happy bunny :)

We'll beat it...don't worry about that, then we'll find you ...and beat the shit out of you.

I did the Venom Hotlap 2, not as bad as I expected. I'd wager it took me 30-40 tries, its one of my most attempted tours along with one or two other drift attempts and the Venom 1.

Decided to continue my luck and finished the final Elements event. Motherfucker! I almost did it on my 3rd try but on the last 3 turns, I went from third to first but couldn't handle the exist and lost it all. But then my 4th run I nailed it.

That is the most extreme racing event ever! Goddamn.

v1lla21

Lol. I honestly thought we were all around early teens to maybe 23. Nah, almost all of you that did Rally #2 were all older and European. I believe I was the youngest one.

Gandalf

Auctopus

Still baffled by some people's logic that they have somehow earned the full version of driveclub ps+ because of how long they've waited for it.

GreedZen

Banned
They've had to tune the shit out of that engine to get it to that bhp.

They had to do what to a purpose (reliably make the power it does) built engine?
The engine in the One:1 makes good power but doesn't struggle to make it. If it was tuned the shit out off, it'd make a lot more power.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Would any kind soul like to help me get the contender and unbeatable trophies? You see, I am both not a contender and I am very beatable.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Send them to me: "Tommi_84" - just use some drift challenges and set them to 1h. I'm currently at home so can do it straight away.

Thanks! FR sent.

...and all sent. You'll probably have to concentrate quite hard to do worse than I did. I am better when I concentrate, I swear!

benzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKa9Z2MClkM&feature=em-upload_owner

Wipers start off at a sensible speed before dropping to intermittent. Is this a bug? I find the slowness of the wipers incredibly annoying. No sane person would drive at such speed with intermittent wipers on.

If the weather is dynamic then the wipers will go from slow to fast or fast to slow depending on if it just started raining or if it's about stop. Not sure what the conditions are in the vid since it's not very long.

I'd like to be able to manually set the wiper speed and map it to a button though, like L3. Click once for slow speed, click again for high speed, and again to turn it off. Would be cool just to drive in the heavy rain in the One:1 with no wipers.

ajcacio

Banned
Send them to me: "Tommi_84" - just use some drift challenges and set them to 1h. I'm currently at home so can do it straight away.

Ugh, just won my fifth challenge honestly and the trophy didn't pop, can I send some challenges to you too? I can do the same for you.

Or if anyone is willing to help me out too that'd be great.

krioto

Just finished up the new DLC tours - back to max stars.

I can see myself playing the From Dusk til Dawn race a few times - great fun, great track, race length, weather, and the under-powered car makes for a really good event.

I also can't get over the amount of support this game has received post-launch - fantastic job by Evo, and I think that the amount of players still playing over 4 months from launch is testament to how much the game has been improving.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ugh, just won my fifth challenge honestly and the trophy didn't pop, can I send some challenges to you too? I can do the same for you.

I'm willing to pay it back to the community! Happy to lose a few but I won't be on until tomorrow evening UK time.

F-Pina

Send me some and I will send you some back too. I never got it as well.
PSN: F-Pina

Bradf50

Rushy pls

:)

In all seriousness though, I hope it is a GAFfer who beats the times.

Well, here are the laps if anyone fancies a watch. They are not perfect by any means, but I certainly gave them all I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_QtBDiMpeE

Maplewood 01. Took me a fair few attempts, lost a little on the first and couple of tenths on the last sector due to a silly mistake but got there in the end, lol. Frustrating but fun experience! Not the top spot for now but it's all fun and games! :D

B_DOKHsUQAAl3Sn.jpg:large

The One:1 is insane. I just ran the second last championship in the original tour and was beating the lap times by a good 3 seconds without putting in anywhere near a clean lap. Tempted to not use it at all in the final championship for a bit more of a challenge to get my 225!

Gandalf

Maplewood 01. Took me a fair few attempts, lost a little on the first and couple of tenths on the last sector due to a silly mistake but got there in the end, lol. Frustrating but fun experience! Not the top spot for now but it's all fun and games! :D

B_DOKHsUQAAl3Sn.jpg:large

I just reclaimed second spot :)

This is the best part about Driveclub for me. Time trial-ing! So much fun.

I am now part of the 225/225 club! Now to work on the dlc tours. Really getting into this game now.

But I am having massive issues unlocking the unbeatable trophy. I've won more than 5 challenges but it still hasn't popped

Top Bottom