• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

DC has no need for such detail. Though a bit of info about each car would be cool. As you walk around the cars, info pops up etc etc. The casuals love bars.
I wish they could bring first person mode and Implement it in the garage and like you said show all the info as you interact with the car.

Zukuu

Banned
Started playing today. Don't feel it yet. Progression system is pretty bad imo and it's stupid to lock content behind the "Club"-crap. Is there a way to disable the 'player-challenges' during the race? I don't care for that shit and it's distracting and leads to bad driving.

On a positive note, I really like the '2nd cockpit cam' (that without the steering wheel). Way more immersive if you have a wheel on your own.

Started playing today. Don't feel it yet. Progression system is pretty bad imo and it's stupid to lock content behind the "Club"-crap. Is there a way to disable the 'player-challenges' during the race? I don't care for that shit and it's distracting and leads to bad driving.

On a positive note, I really like the '2nd cockpit cam' (that without the steering wheel). Way more immersive if you have a wheel on your own.

Keep playing, I started to really click with it when I moved onto the higher performance cars.

And regarding the player challenges - I just disabled the entire HUD. So much more immersive.

Shaneus

DC has no need for such detail. Though a bit of info about each car would be cool. As you walk around the cars, info pops up etc etc. The casuals love bars.
It doesn't have a need, but it kind of detracts from them being real-life cars. I think some actual specs to pop up a la Autovista (which would work really well, given how overlays are used in-game) could be amazing. Shit, we already know they have the door opening animations done, really isn't much else to it I'd think.

Melchiah

Platinum is getting closer...

XYgRgKzl.jpg

...240k drifting points and few driver levels left to go.

EDIT: And 1 million drift points racked up.

So what are the best tracks in the game? The only good ones I've driven on are the Black Hills, the rest (currently at semi-pro tour) have been completely forgettable.

The game seriously needs a course creator - what's the dev status on this Rushy?

benzy

So what are the best tracks in the game? The only good ones I've driven on are the Black Hills, the rest (currently at semi-pro tour) have been completely forgettable.

The game seriously needs a course creator - what's the dev status on this Rushy?

Not a huge fan of the circuit tracks, but as for p2p or racetracks, these are my favs.

The Kyle Scotland, Kinloch Scotland, Nilgiri Hills India, Bandipur India, Sinclair Pass Canada, Lytton Canada, Kobago Japan, Takahagi Hills Japan

Putty

Completely forgettable you say? Hehe, lovely sense of humour.

And back to the old course creator avenue.....

Tommi84

The only tracks i actually avoid during Multi are in fact the race tracks (BHR01, etc). The road tracks (and especially the p2p ones) are one of the bests I've played in a racer.

Evo should be praised for that. They did an awesome job in those.

Melchiah

Not a huge fan of the circuit tracks, but as for p2p or racetracks, these are my favs.

The Kyle Scotland, Kinloch Scotland, Nilgiri Hills India, Bandipur India, Sinclair Pass Canada, Lytton Canada, Kobago Japan, Takahagi Hills Japan

Yeah, point-to-point tracks are definitely the star of the show, and road circuits are good as well (eg. Oliver's Landing & Lake Shoji). Particularly those of Canada, Japan and India. I never play the race tracks unless I have to in the tour events, as I find them just boring. Minimalistic scenery, less vertical variety, and need to look at the map due to the lack of corner signs.

I still need to grind out the drift and about 4 racer levels. I'll get there at some point!

I thought racking up the drift points would take ages, but I got the million pretty easily when I started to drift more during the races. Lake Shoji was a good track to collect them, and max out one of the car types when I just set it for one lap.

T_Exige

I really liked how the older NFS games (Hot Pursuit) handled their car selection/garage, you had some information and it created some hype before even driving the car.
"... with an amazing top speed of over 220 mph ..." etc

I think the garage in DriveClub can improve with these little details, it gets you more attached to a certain car. It already has the photo mode in garage why not add certain options like a clean background, visible manufacturer colors, some information.

kyser73

I'd still say the F1 is. But that's my favourite hypercar in *any* game.

Isn't the F1 in the category below hyper in DC? I agree of all the extreme performance cars the F1 is aces, not being a tail happy, drive like they have nervous tic Koeningsegg & Paganis.

My faves are still the lightweight sports & the 458 Speciale tho :)

Ill Saint

Another Driveclub newbie here. Amazing game, breathtaking at times as a visual spectacle and racing experience. The tracks are so varied, imaginative and most importantly, a heck of a lot of fun.

Began racking up the stars in tour mode a few days ago while getting used to the mechanics. I'm starting to hit a bit of a roadblock in progression with the faster cars, which I can't get a handle on. Haven't done any online stuff yet as I'm still too shite and will probably just get hate mail.

Anyway, enjoyed reading the thread and seeing the community here. Lots of good info.

valkyre

Man I have taken tons of pictures for this game. And while I have said it before I must say it again. Yes the game is pretty as fuck.

But the photomode is quite "cheating" when it comes to represent the actual game graphics.

The jaggies are abundant...

Its not like other photo modes where the actual photo represents the gfx quality when playing the game, like infamous and TLOU.

I look at some of my driveclub captures now and those that are gameplay, pale in comparison with the processed ones via photomode. The difference is pretty huge in some captures... looking at the rims for example without the post process effects of photomode... they look kinda crap...

If ES could improve the gameplay IQ, that would be superb. By no means is this a huge deal, just some moderate nitpicking.

leng jai

I'm usually nitpicky about jaggies but I can barely notice them in Driveclub. I'm constantly surprised at the IQ they were able to achieve with this level of visual fidelity.

A lot of the aliasing disappears when you're actually moving too thanks to the temporal AA solution they're using. You can see it kick in whenever you start moving from a standstill, like at the start of a race for example.

So I don't think photo-mode shots (pre-processing) of a car in-motion are representative of gameplay quality either, because photo-mode effectively pauses the game. The temporal AA isn't in action then, right? So you're gonna see a lot more jaggies than you would if you were actually playing the game.

But I guess fully processed photo-mode shots of a moving car are still going to look better than if you were actually playing. The temporal AA solution they use is good, but not that good, lol.

Nyx

I can't think of a single track in the game that I don't like...

My favs are The Kyle, Nakasendo and Bandipur.

valkyre

I can't think of a single track in the game that I don't like...

My favs are The Kyle, Nakasendo and Bandipur.

Τhe only location I do not like is India. Mainly because the road is full of dirt and grip isnt as good and I dont know, the whole "look" of the tracks in India doesnt cut it for me.

Love Scotland, Canada and Japan. Norway, Chille also great.

BTW do we know if they are going to add other locations? Is there any information?

airjoca

Rushy,

I would like Evolution to have a public poll to garner interest in a "Season Pass 2", which would include another location and respective tracks, and lots of new cars and events.

:)

Ebolarama

Banned
Rushy,

I would like Evolution to have a public poll to garner interest in a "Season Pass 2", which would include another location and respective tracks, and lots of new cars and events.

:)

I like this idea. Is there any kind of wishlist thread already in existence? Also, I think you meant locations. Two new locations wouldn't be unreasonable. I am really on board with a season 2 pass, though I hope there is a second Drive club game sometime in the near future.

Ranger X

Why a season pass 2 ??

First season pass doesn't include all the DLC? ain't that the point of a season pass? (sorry I never buy those, maybe there's something I am missing there)

sneaky77

Why a season pass 2 ??

First season pass doesn't include all the DLC? ain't that the point of a season pass? (sorry I never buy those, maybe there's something I am missing there)

For more DLC? after the season pass ends?

And if something like that were to be offered, you can imagine the backlash that Evolution would get.

Why? They clearly outlined everything included in the season pass. Which is still like a 60% savings over buying things piecemeal I believe.

Leunam

To me, season pass always implied that there would be more than one season of content, with there being tons of DLC per period.

I don't think it's ever worked out that way, though. And if something like that were to be offered, you can imagine the backlash that Evolution would get.

Of course in this case, we have a handy graphic that indicates what we were expected to get from a season pass.

Why a season pass 2 ??

It does include everything, but it only runs until July and people want to have more new content after that.

Edit:

To me, season pass always implied that there would be more than one season of content, with there being tons of DLC per period.

I don't think it's ever worked out that way, though. And if something like that were to be offered, you can imagine the backlash that Evolution would get.

Of course in this case, we have a handy graphic that indicates what we were expected to get from a season pass.

The transparency regarding free and paid updates provided by that graphic breakdown was a deciding factor for me to get the season pass, all developers should do that.

Ebolarama

Banned

What I'm hoping for is another year of monthly packs featuring new tracks and possibly locations. Definitely new cars. There are plenty of vehicles that I would like to see in this game including many newly unveiled at the Geneva Autoshow this week. There is the oft-cited lack of Japanese cars and Lamborghinis that would make excellent car packs too. I know there are still 5 months worth of DLC remaining, but many people have said a second Drive club is not needed because there is such a solid foundation to build upon with the first game. I agree with the sentiment, though I think a second game would be in high demand deeper into this generation.

airjoca

If they do a Season 2 it can't include tracks/locations, those need to remain free or you'll split the community and make it hard to find races.

Tracks could still be free, they'd just have to release them over the span of time of the new season pass, so that they use the incoming money from season pass 2 buyers to aid the development.

Maybe advertise it like "For every X amount of season passes we sell, we'll release a new track"?

nib95

Banned
Only been away from the game a short while and already feel I'm worse at it lol. But my God is it fun. Have quite a few of the older DLC Tour events to finish before I move on to the new stuff, but I forgot how damn fun this game is, and how satisfying the vehicles and handling model are.

The only tracks i actually avoid during Multi are in fact the race tracks (BHR01, etc). The road tracks (and especially the p2p ones) are one of the bests I've played in a racer.

Evo should be praised for that. They did an awesome job in those.

Yeah, I have to confess. The race tracks are my least favourite. Although well designed, I guess I'm burnt out on race tracks after many, many years of GT.

Auctopus

Yeah, I have to confess. The race tracks are my least favourite. Although well designed, I guess I'm burnt out on race tracks after many, many years of GT.

Racetracks are inherently boring I think. They're purely technique and not built as eye-candy. I skip them all as well in multi and usually any challenges as well.

Sorc3r3r

Happened to me too.
But some of them kept growing on me, the frontera track is great in all is variation, the tamil nadu is a great track too, i learned to enjoy the canada track too.
Scotland and Norway's tracks instead have the worst rhythm, the tracks seem so wide i feel lost, in the end i can't enjoy them as much i would like.
Japan seems to have an interesting track but i have to race on it some more time.

Happened to me too.
But some of them kept growing on me, the frontera track is great in all is variation, the tamil nadu is a great track too, i learned to enjoy the canada track too.
Scotland and Norway's tracks instead have the worst rhythm, the tracks seem so wide i feel lost, in the end i can't enjoy them as much i would like.
Japan seems to have an interesting track but i have to race on it some more time.

Yep BHR and SKNO are 2 of my least favourite tracks too, can't say I'm too keen on Loch Diuch or Holmstadt? either.

Only been away from the game a short while and already feel I'm worse at it lol. But my God is it fun. Have quite a few of the older DLC Tour events to finish before I move on to the new stuff, but I forgot how damn fun this game is, and how satisfying the vehicles and handling model are.

Yep I'm with you there bud, not been able to play anything like as much recently and don't feel like I'm anywhere near as fast now :-(

Siegmeyer

Yep BHR and SKNO are 2 of my least favourite tracks too, can't say I'm too keen on Loch Diuch or Holmstadt? either.

Loch Duich is a road circuit, and I really like it. It's got one of those sweeping bends on the crest of a hill that will throw you the fuck out if you don't brake early enough for it. I love pushing it to the limit round bends like that.

Leunam

Tamil Nadu feels too flat when you compare it to the other tracks. The Chilean circuit is also flat but it flows better to me, especially the last chicane before the start finish straight.

The BHR Circuit, Canada, and Japan are pretty good. The only track I can safely say I don't care for at all is the one in Canada I think that goes through the train yards, if only for the third sector with that chicane just before the start finish.

Anyone need help with the win five of your own solo challenges trophy. I've been stuck on three for awhile and would happy to help someone complete their five if they wouldn't mind helping me finish off my last two or so. Send them to my psn: bamf26 if interested.

Melchiah

Just noticed, that the drift point counter shows 908k, eventhough I got the trophy for million points yesterday. I dunno if it's a bug, or if the game just doesn't show the most recent points in the statistics yet. It wouldn't be the first time the latter happens. Hopefully there won't be any problems getting the last trophy for driver level 50, as things like this get me worried.

Putty

Yep I'm with you there bud, not been able to play anything like as much recently and don't feel like I'm anywhere near as fast now :-(

You soppy bastards! You never lose it. Judging by the times I'm coming up against in the new tours, you is dam fast son(s)...

Shaneus

God, please don't fuck up the cameras! I've seen enough shitty cameras in racing games over a number of years (Forza series, I'm eyeballing YOU). Again, PGR4 was practically perfect, hopefully they take some hints from Bizarre in that regard.

Top Bottom