• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

gl0w

My first try with replay mode: http://youtu.be/fQudgcvm9VY
(Sukx that it loses so much quality recorder with share button. :( make it 1080p. Sony)

Anyway Like so many said I wish there was more aggressive cameras and that they last longer. Also, I like the fact that in the beginning of the race we can listen the car startup, but most of the time you can't almost listen it because of other sounds, would be great if it could be tweaked.

Other than that great job Rushy!

witness

I love the replay viewer, its so fantastic. It looks incredible, and I get such a greater look at everything as I drive using the in cockpit view. Thank you Evo for constantly making a great game even better, and the season pass has been nothing short of amazing.

Car request/wishes: GTR, WRX STi, Evo, NSX, LFA, Mustang(s), Ford GT, Focus RS, Camaro Z/28 (new one) are some of the top of my head. Japanese cars are desperately needed along with more american ones.

v1lla21

My first try with replay mode: http://youtu.be/fQudgcvm9VY
(Sukx that it loses so much quality recorder with share button. :( make it 1080p. Sony)

Anyway Like so many said I wish there was more aggressive cameras and that they last longer. Also, I like the fact that in the beginning of the race we can listen the car startup, but most of the time you can't almost listen it because of other sounds, would be great if it could be tweaked.

Other than that great job Rushy!

Great video man :D

Here's my try with replay mode: Drifting in Japan

leng jai

Cockpit view actually sounds decent now when you turn everything up. Engines still sound weak to me though, but I only tried the R8.

My first attempt at a replay, Norway during a stormy night. Overall I'm pretty happy with the camera angles and rotation, though some of them are too fast and sometimes the track camera misses the action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcrG-3EkwAE

Sorry if you don't like the (music) track, it's one of my favourites from the GT5 soundtrack and gets me pumped to race. I find music also covers the awkward audio cuts that occur during the camera transitions.

benzy

My first attempt at a replay, Norway during a stormy night. Overall I'm pretty happy with the camera angles and rotation, though some of them are too fast and sometimes the track camera misses the action

Sorry if you don't like the (music) track, it's one of my favourites from the GT5 soundtrack and gets me pumped to race. I find music also covers the awkward audio cuts that occur during the camera transitions.

Lol at 5oul on D!splay, bringing back memories. Good vid.

One thing I noticed from some of the close up shots of the cockpit is how low res the accolade decals are. Such an eyesore

EnlZhbN.jpg

Shaneus

One thing I noticed from some of the close up shots of the cockpit is how low res the accolade decals are. Such an eyesore
It's the reason I try and avoid any paints that have many diagonals/curves on it. I remember it was a thing with paint jobs in the Forza games, thought it'd be gone by now :( Is it that taxing to have higher res paints on cars?

I don't understand the importance of the Twitch/U-Stream stuff in the update. Weren't people already using those services to stream the game on PS4?

I don't understand the importance of the Twitch/U-Stream stuff in the update. Weren't people already using those services to stream the game on PS4?
Perhaps they worked on something to designate / prioritize the game to not cause lag and still allow the streaming to be possible.

Denur

That was always among my favorite GT5 music tracks and your video, with 5oul on D!splay, sort of gives a first glance at GT7. :D

Juz

The replays are a great addition.

Also finally bought the season pass. Really enjoying playing this again at the moment!

aiyz0Cl.gif

What was your lap time? I can't remember mine think it was 1.15 something. Top what ever it is :)

Yeah you know yours is quicker than mine :) I was first last night with a 16 something - I can see less smoke from the tyres on corner exit on your run which will be at least part of the difference.

kie25

Yeah you know yours is quicker than mine :) I was first last night with a 16 something - I can see less smoke from the tyres on corner exit on your run which will be at least part of the difference.

The way to get a good fast lap in the Evantra is really early up shifts it accelerates faster with lower rpm also reducing spin.

Is there now a drift assist? I've had it a couple of times now where I brake hard, whilst turning in, then all of a sudden when I get to low speed the back end shoots out, as if it was trying to help me kick-start a drift.

Though, I haven't used the previously-MP-only Ferrari much so it might just have been a characteristic of the car.

Is there now a drift assist? I've had it a couple of times now where I brake hard, whilst turning in, then all of a sudden when I get to low speed the back end shoots out, as if it was trying to help me kick-start a drift.

Though, I haven't used the previously-MP-only Ferrari much so it might just have been a characteristic of the car.

Drifting changed in the latest patch, so it's possible you're seeing that.

Does anyone think they overdid the heat haze and mirage effects a bit in this latest patch? It seems like every track everywhere in the world has them now and its a bit much in my opinion.

Leunam

Does anyone think they overdid the heat haze and mirage effects a bit in this latest patch? It seems like every track everywhere in the world has them now and its a bit much in my opinion.

I did one race in the newer mountain track in Canada. Sunny weather and I noticed it instantly. I thought it would be fairly uncommon but maybe I just had the right settings for it.

Not a distraction at this point.

Leunam

New tracks came out free for everyone, but the original tour doesn't have those new courses.

Can't quite pinpoint why, but I love the last set of tracks added for every country, especially Canada, Scotland, and India.

ThomasAnderson, if you want to see weather without buying the new tour packs just jump online and look for races with weather activated or create a single event with weather.

Ranger X

This game really likes to put effects in our face just "because" and to show off. I know its recognised for its graphics but this is not the only detail where they are going offroad (lol).

Have you also noticed how you are blinded for like 3 full seconds at the exit or EVERY tunnel REGARDLESS where the sun is or time of day (only night is spared). This is completely unrealistic and ridiculous. I exited countless tunnels in my life and never been blinded like that. Its like a Final Fantasy summon or something there. Bahamut pitching a stupid huge beam of HDR....

Leunam

I must have misunderstood what Replay mode really meant because I thought we were getting a full editor. Silly me.

I did a quick two lap race last night with all Caterham SP/300. Watching that replay made me really want custom helmet colors/livery. You don't see them very often, but plain black helmets is a little boring.

Top Bottom