• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

desu

These latest DLC tours are way too easy. The only race I've found challenging is the endurance one. That was perfect difficulty-wise.

Feeling a little disappointed if I'm honest. Being out in front for the majority of a race with little challenge isn't very fun. I'd give my left nut adjustable AI difficulty.

For me as a casual the difficulty is about right (Sakura pack really was too easy). But I can easily see how people with a little more skill will just breeze through the DLC without many problems.

Finally my right arm is in a state that allows me to play a bit again. The last 2 DLC packs have been pretty nice so far, I like that there are finally some new challange types and longer races.

lordxar

Much as I would live to see more DC DLC after this season, I have a feeling service really does just mean finish out the season pass, release the Plus version, and be done. If people are getting let go, in my mind its now down to the maintenance team to wrap things up. We've had phenominal support and a lot of nice features added but is there any sign were getting anything beyond the Plus version and the season pass bullet points?

AMG

Neo Member
I'm optimistic there will be a season pass 2. Now that they are about done with sorting the network issues (for which I believe they had to hire a lot of extra people) they will reduce back to the core team to continue with the new cars and tracks. Plus if I'm not mistaken someone mentioned a new track (country?) was under development. Possibly for a season 2 pass which I would buy in a heartbeat if it's anything like the first season pass.

I don't think there is a need to reinvent the wheel for marginal gains in graphics which are still mind blowing by the way 😲. Therefore, a season pass 2 and possibly 3 would be great. I'd even suggest they keep the season passes coming and save Driveclub 2 for the PS5! As powerful as the PS4 is I don't think there is some magic potential just waiting to be released. They just need to continue refining this all the way up to the PS5.

le-seb

Do the replays feature the exact racing weather conditions?
There was an amazing lightning during a race I've saved the replay for, and I can't see it during the replay, even when using the fixed cockpit view I was using when racing...

Other than that, I'm sad hearing some people at Evolution Studios will be let go. :'(
Hoping the best for everybody.

I'm not sure how the game will evolve from now, but if we still can hope for some enhancements, I'd really like an in-game option to recalibrate my wheel, as it sometimes goes off and/or lose force feedback when accessing some menus, forcing me to quit the game to recover proper calibration.
Also, not being able to interact with replay/photo mode, due to the lack of analog sticks on the wheel, makes me a sad panda.

Sirenty

When looking at friend's challenges, does anyone else always get a block of 9 or so in the middle that always show the loading symbol and never load?

Pachimari

Just tried the introductory race and won it but failed miserably when I tried out the McLaren hyper car on my second race. But man is this game beautiful!

And of course the Companion App isn't available for my LG G3.

Just tried the introductory race and won it but failed miserably when I tried out the McLaren hyper car on my second race. But man is this game beautiful!

The intro race is the worst looking, the game only gets prettier :)

And the companion app isnt out yet, we probably wont see it until the PS+ edition hits. Too much server load

Just bought DriveClub!
I'm so excited.

Do I need to buy the Season Pass if I bought the Special Edition?

The special edition only has some exclusive liveries and early unlocks, it doesn't include the season pass. If you'll enjoy what the base game offers, then the season pass is extremely good value, as it provides more of that in large amounts. Don't forget to get the 2 free DLC Tour packs from the store (Ignition and Redline), as well as the free cars.

A heads up regarding the weather, there is no precipitation in the main tour and the first two DLC Tours, because they predate the weather patch and going back to add weather to them would have messed up the leaderboards. You can still enjoy rain and snow in single events and online multiplayer, but if you want to play tour events with them, then you'll need the season pass.

EDIT:

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys here who have added me this week, you know who you are! ;)

iWCi8O08d90ic.gif

farmerboy

I think we can all agree that we like the way DC handles, its a lot of fun. But I was thinking about something last night.

Acceleration on the more powerful cars is something you can definitely get better at. You just can't flat out accelerate as you create wheelspin. With wheelspin you lose momentum and create some instability/swerving etc.

With braking there doesn't seem to be the same nuance. It just seems to be something where you can just slam them on and stop. Its good because I suppose it just lets you concentrate on braking points and lines (trust me, the less I have to think about the better) but I was just thinking how more involved it would be if things got a little more unstable in heavy braking, particularly in the wet.

Do you think that could be a good addition, or would it then stray too far into sim territory?

Edit: ^ Its got me fucked, but you just make it look easy.

Lunar FC

First time playing since the latest update and feel the drifting has defiantly been changed.
I just added a good 500+ points on this very short drift event that I hold the world record in. I beat my previous record three times in a row.

When looking at friend's challenges, does anyone else always get a block of 9 or so in the middle that always show the loading symbol and never load?

Yeah I have the same thing happen to me.

With regards to the future here's a few thoughts on what options there could be.

1. Season pass 2 is something that we were talking about a lot before the recent news. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that it's going to happen, I guess the question is will the tracks still be free or part of the season pass?

2. Private servers for season pass holders only. Makes sense to me, leave the casuals on the public servers...

3. Subscription based service. Would you pay £3 a month for cars/tracks/tours/servers?

4. Official events and tournaments. Small entry fee, big prizes. Kie25 could live off the game!

First time playing since the latest update and feel the drifting has defiantly been changed.
I just added a good 500+ points on this very short drift event that I hold the world record in. I beat my previous record three times in a row.
Scoring changed, as per patch notes and in-game announcement, to reward momentum better.

Speaking of which, I don't need to know about announcements I've read every time I start the game, thanks :p

AMG

Neo Member
I think we can all agree that we like the way DC handles, its a lot of fun. But I was thinking about something last night.

Acceleration on the more powerful cars is something you can definitely get better at. You just can't flat out accelerate as you create wheelspin. With wheelspin you lose momentum and create some instability/swerving etc.

With braking there doesn't seem to be the same nuance. It just seems to be something where you can just slam them on and stop. Its good because I suppose it just lets you concentrate on braking points and lines (trust me, the less I have to think about the better) but I was just thinking how more involved it would be if things got a little more unstable in heavy braking, particularly in the wet.

Do you think that could be a good addition, or would it then stray too far into sim territory?

Edit: ^ Its got me fucked, but you just make it look easy.

I like your idea if they also implement a way to switch the Stability and traction control systems on and off respective to the real life car. For example, the C63 AMG Black series has a 3 way stability system. ESP on, ESP sport and ESP off. In the ESP on position the car will cut engine power early to maintain traction and stability, in ESP sport it will allow more wheelspin and some drifting before pulling everything back in line then in ESP off, it's completely off until you slam the brakes then the system comes back to save your ass.

This would automatically make life easier for beginners but reward those (experts) who can control the car with everything off. Plus some cars don't have any stability or traction systems so those would be their own experiences.

Now all this would make the game over the top fantastic without having to find ways to make it easier for less skilled people. If you still can't manage to drive the car with the stability and traction systems on then just drive a less powerful car. 😄

I like your idea if they also implement a way to switch the Stability and traction control systems on and off respective to the real life car. For example, the C63 AMG Black series has a 3 way stability system. ESP on, ESP sport and ESP off. In the ESP on position the car will cut engine power early to maintain traction and stability, in ESP sport it will allow more wheelspin and some drifting before pulling everything back in line then in ESP off, it's completely off until you slam the brakes then the system comes back to save your ass.

This would automatically make life easier for beginners but reward those (experts) who can control the car with everything off. Plus some cars don't have any stability or traction systems so those would be their own experiences.

Now all this would make the game over the top fantastic without having to find ways to make it easier for less skilled people. If you still can't manage to drive the car with the stability and traction systems on then just drive a less powerful car. 😄
Rushy help us out :)

desu

Man that Vuhl championship, one error and I can restart the race. Fuck that car, deleted the game off my HDD.

Only because I bought the digital edition and I need to switch to the download version. I play this too often to always have to insert the disc!

Does anyone have a free slot in their club? I'm almost done with the solo tour (still missing the last star in that Venom Hot Lap challenge) and now I'm looking for new challenges and hopefully race with other GAF members. But man, that Venom challenge is a tough one. I know I can beat it but I always mess up at least one corner. My best time 1:16:659 came with one corner penalty and might have gone under 1:16 without it...

Anyway, my PSN id is Rabbitweed if anyone wants an active member in their club.

knavish

Don't worry about skill level. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, just that you're playing. Driveclub rewards players with fame (experience) for just about anything. The sooner you join the club, the sooner you start adding fame to it.

There was someone else who added me a few weeks back, but I have so many on my friends list I've forgotten who it was. To that person, if you're reading and you still want to join the club, please search the club out and join or request an invite, or drop me a PM. Details above.

Hey man could I join the club too?

My PSN is Vix79

knavish

Don't worry about skill level. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, just that you're playing. Driveclub rewards players with fame (experience) for just about anything. The sooner you join the club, the sooner you start adding fame to it.

There was someone else who added me a few weeks back, but I have so many on my friends list I've forgotten who it was. To that person, if you're reading and you still want to join the club, please search the club out and join or request an invite, or drop me a PM. Details above.

I think all the open spots are filled up again, currently.

ah no worries

Sent some of you guys some solo challenges. Two races and one Drift event. Do your worst!

I gotcha on the Lake Shoji V dub challenge :)

I've just fired out the 2nd set of challenges on Glenmorgan to everyone on my list - same 7 cars and settings as the first only this time with heavy precipitation :) I'd expect the 4wd RUF and SLS Electric to be top of the time sheets this time around but it'll be interesting to see if anyone can slither the Mazzanti around quicker :) All times were set in 5 laps or less and 5 were record laps (the other 2 were 2nd place) but that prolly says more about the lack of competition with this settings than my ability!

Here's a taster..

https://youtu.be/8wtdUgGEPrA

nib95

Banned
I gotcha on the Lake Shoji V dub challenge :)

I've just fired out the 2nd set of challenges on Glenmorgan to everyone on my list - same 7 cars and settings as the first only this time with heavy precipitation :) I'd expect the 4wd RUF and SLS Electric to be top of the time sheets this time around but it'll be interesting to see if anyone can slither the Mazzanti around quicker :) All times were set in 5 laps or less and 5 were record laps (the other 2 were 2nd place) but that prolly says more about the lack of competition with this settings than my ability!

Here's a taster..

https://youtu.be/8wtdUgGEPrA

Damn, well played dude. I might have a crack at it when I get back from work in the am's.

nib95

Banned
Hey man could I join the club too?

My PSN is Vix79

Sorry dude. Unfortunately the slots are all filled up at the moment, but drop me a PSN message, and if any members stop playing the game and go completely awol for several few weeks, I'll definitely try and remember you for future. But I would recommend joining another club in the mean time, as a few of the club unlocked cars are quite good.

knavish

Sorry dude. Unfortunately the slots are all filled up at the moment, but drop me a PSN message, and if any members stop playing the game and go completely awol for several few weeks, I'll definitely try and remember you for future. But I would recommend joining another club in the mean time, as a few of the club unlocked cars are quite good.

thanks man will add you and message you.

I am in a club which is level 40...The Grim Reapers but would like to get into a GAF club as my club are never online :(

Pachimari

Aren't we 3 who need a club now? Maybe we could just start up another one?

I just got a refund for my Special Edition and is gonna go pick up the normal edition now and then head home.

Sirenty

Drifting used to be my favorite event, and I like to think I was pretty good at it. It felt like real drifting, and pulling off a clean run was a great feeling.

But now, it makes no sense to me. Fast, weak angle drifts score tons of points while strong angle drifts, drifts like real drifting, score very little, even when going fast. If I'm in a long corner, I can watch my points go pretty good to 2000 and then slow to a trickle once I pass 2k, even though I didn't change my drift at all. If I do a super weak drift which looks more like I screwed up the corner in a time trial and squealed the tires, I get 3500. If I go in fast and then give a stronger angle to slow down during a decreasing radius turn, I get less points.

I went back to an event I had a top 10 score in (Bandipur with the Ferrari California). I can equal my score, which is okay, but when I look at the number 1 score, he got 4500 points in the final corner by hauling ass and doing a weak drift, nailing the guard rail hard at the end. In the Initial Drift event, I'm even with the number one score at the last corner, but then he gets 12,000 points in that corner. WTF, that's BS. That's not drifting. It's gone a complete 180 from what it used to be.

nib95

Banned
Drifting used to be my favorite event, and I like to think I was pretty good at it. It felt like real drifting, and pulling off a clean run was a great feeling.

But now, it makes no sense to me. Fast, weak angle drifts score tons of points while strong angle drifts, drifts like real drifting, score very little, even when going fast. If I'm in a long corner, I can watch my points go pretty good to 2000 and then slow to a trickle once I pass 2k, even though I didn't change my drift at all. If I do a super weak drift which looks more like I screwed up the corner in a time trial and squealed the tires, I get 3500. If I go in fast and then give a stronger angle to slow down during a decreasing radius turn, I get less points.

I went back to an event I had a top 10 score in (Bandipur with the Ferrari California). I can equal my score, which is okay, but when I look at the number 1 score, he got 4500 points in the final corner by hauling ass and doing a weak drift, nailing the guard rail hard at the end. In the Initial Drift event, I'm even with the number one score at the last corner, but then he gets 12,000 points in that corner. WTF, that's BS. That's not drifting. It's gone a complete 180 from what it used to be.

I agree. It's just gone from actual drifting to quick skids basically. People abusing spin outs and over turns will just be replaced with people skidding in to guard rails. They need to tweak it again to make angles count somewhat, and make it so ending a Drift hitting a rail greatly reduces that particular Drift score, or completely fails it.

I agree. It's just gone from actual drifting to quick skids basically. People abusing spin outs and over turns will just be replaced with people skidding in to guard rails. They need to tweak it again to make angles count somewhat, and make it so ending a Drift hitting a rail greatly reduces that particular Drift score, or completely fails it.

Yep. Contact with an object should instantly cancel out any score from that particular drift. And more than 2 wheels off track should do the same.

Lunar FC

Aren't we 3 who need a club now? Maybe we could just start up another one?

I just got a refund for my Special Edition and is gonna go pick up the normal edition now and then head home.

Yall can all join mine: Lunar FC. Just kicked three nonactives from it a couple days ago.

Top Bottom