• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I still got sweaty thumb slip with new thumbstick grips, so my pad is now fixed upside on my G27 steering with motion control and it works like a charm as a ghetto fix until proper Logitech support comes, it's much faster than using the sticks.

And can somebody tell me why my store purchases sometimes don't show up? To get them back I have to restart my console.

Are the servers unusually slow for anyone else today?

The new tour packs and cars are fun. The Lamborghini Tour seemed a bit easy for the most part, or maybe it just seems that way as i'm getting better at the game. The only event where i struggled a bit was Running of the Bulls, had to repeat it a few times to get the time requirement on the first race. The Pace Setter Tour on the other hand had a few events where i had to put in a bit more effort, especially Twin Peaks, since that car so easily oversteers. I never use the Twin Run and It took me a good number of tries until i adapted to it and got the third star, but it felt great when i finally nailed it.

Usually when new Tours came out i would just play a couple events a day and then do something else, but this time i went on a binge and finished them up in the first two days. Now it feels bad having to wait a whole month for the next ones. :I

Servers have been wonky for the past few days; also, they tend to have issues on weekends and when new packs are released. Probably more people playing and overloading the (already) fragile system.

Yeah, i noticed that, but it seemed even worse today. I also had two random crashes within second of getting into the main menu, while the game was trying to connect to my club. Don't know if the two are related though.

Also, i forgot to mention, another even in the Pace Setter tour that gave me a hard time was the one with the night time race with Clios on Loch Duich. What upped the difficulty was the lack of flags signalling the corners. I thought it was a bug at first, but then i noticed it on another event in the tour, so it must have been on purpose to heighten the difficulty. Pretty neat, if a bit infuriating at the time. :)

And another thing, can weather effects change in replays compared to the original race? I just experienced a nice rainbow on a race. Wanted to check it out in the replay after the race, and it was gone. After some fiddling back and forth it was visible again, only to disappear once again when i tried to take a screenshot a couple of seconds later in the race. Very strange.

Duallusion

Servers have been wonky for the past few days; also, they tend to have issues on weekends and when new packs are released. Probably more people playing and overloading the (already) fragile system.

Yeah, I don't think that PS+ version is anywhere close to being ready for launch. Servers or net code or whatever just isn't ready for that kind of gangbang.

Do I have a different version to you? The Onyx slows like a runaway train and refuses to turn!

I don't know, maybe it just fits my driving style, but I love driving it. The BAC and the Onyx are the most fun to drive for me...
I'm not that great of a driver, tho.

YWhat upped the difficulty was the lack of flags signalling the corners.

I really enjoyed the races without the flags in Pacesetter.

Yeah, I don't think that PS+ version is anywhere close to being ready for launch. Servers or net code or whatever just isn't ready for that kind of gangbang.

I agree completely.

Off topic: I really want to play Bloodborne. If I buy it, I know it will just sit on my shelf as Driveclub hasn't been out of my PS4 since December.

le-seb

And another thing, can weather effects change in replays compared to the original race? I just experienced a nice rainbow on a race. Wanted to check it out in the replay after the race, and it was gone. After some fiddling back and forth it was visible again, only to disappear once again when i tried to take a screenshot a couple of seconds later in the race. Very strange.
I had a similar experience with an amazing thunder strike that had hit the bridge I was driving on during a race.
It didn't seem to happen in the replay.

kie25

Also, i forgot to mention, another even in the Pace Setter tour that gave me a hard time was the one with the night time race with Clios on Loch Duich. What upped the difficulty was the lack of flags signalling the corners. I thought it was a bug at first, but then i noticed it on another event in the tour, so it must have been on purpose to heighten the difficulty. Pretty neat, if a bit infuriating at the time. :)

Ha this event was stupid easy I'm not sure you was playing same event as me, I'd say that event was the easiest I've came across in Driveclub including dlc and main tour, I think I won by nearly 40 seconds in 4 laps, the opposition AI must have been set stupidly slow my guess is rookie.

This is where I think evo have a hard task as people who ain't particularly used to or fast at racing games tell evo tours are to hard, this is why I really hope a 4th star is added that doesn't effect progression.

Ha this event was stupid easy I'm not sure you was playing same event as me, I'd say that event was the easiest I've came across in Driveclub including dlc and main tour, I think I won by nearly 40 seconds in 4 laps, the opposition AI must have been set stupidly slow my guess is rookie.

This is where I think evo have a hard task as people who ain't particularly used to or fast at racing games tell evo tours are to hard, this is why I really hope a 4th star is added that doesn't effect progression.

That's why you're number 1 in the world on many tracks and i'm not. :)
But seriously, winning with a good lead wasn't the hard part for me (although i didn't have a 40 seconds lead), getting the lap time star was what i struggled with for a bit. Now you can still say that was easy as well, but i'm just not used to driving this track in the dark, much less so without markers. :) As for it being the easiest event, i thought there were much easier ones in these 2 tours alone, like the Lambo time trials, for example.

Kie I want to see you beat the current dry record on atlanterhavsveien in the Caterham SP/300.r. I see you are second on the global record for that track but the SP/300.r is one hell of a time for that track and car, its currently at 1.27. Your One:1 was around 1.23.

kie25

Kie I want to see you beat the current dry record on atlanterhavsveien in the Caterham SP/300.r. I see you are second on the global record for that track but the SP/300.r is one hell of a time for that track and car, its currently at 1.27. Your One:1 was around 1.23.

That sounds like a pretty easy time to beat I managed a 1.37 in wet with a m4 in evo challenge. I'm concentrating more on tour time trial at the moment but if I get a spare few mins I'll beat that time. Here is the lap on that track.

https://youtu.be/yKZNDFp_Y90

Hey guys, I'm in a Club but the other club members are pretty much MIA for a few months now and I'm the only one really pushing things at the moment.

I dragged our asses from level 7 to 14 on my own so far and I saw I needed 888k fame to get us to level 15... On one hand, it encourages me to keep my push for level 40 going, (currently at level 37) but at the same time, I'm the only one doing it and it just sounds daunting.

If I jump ship to a level 15 or higher club, will I still get the trophy for getting a club to level 15?

I might just end up getting this club to level 15 on my own then change clubs though.

Haha. I was just about to comment on your laundry list of excuses for V1lla: I'm British; I have 5 kids; I drink 4.5% abv beer; I consistently have NAT errors; I stand up when I drive; I drive bumper cam; etc...

You're one of my favorite people to race with!

You missed my current fav, failing eyesight! ;-) Seemed odd being able to actually hear you last night now you've fixed your mic :)

Is the electric drive slower than the regular SLS? You were using that one so there's another excuse :p

Can't use that one as I am the electric merc' biggest supporter! I was 2 seconds down after the first checkpoint due to restarting into the wall and 0.6 behind at the end so it wasn't the car slowing me down, just my own inability to do well in all sectors on the same lap!

That sounds like a pretty easy time to beat I managed a 1.37 in wet with a m4 in evo challenge. I'm concentrating more on tour time trial at the moment but if I get a spare few mins I'll beat that time. Here is the lap on that track.

https://youtu.be/yKZNDFp_Y90

That's so good. Make it look ridiculously easy. Really like how you hit the apex on the right hand bridge after the elevated section, I have always turned in much later (usually the mid point on the assent).

Hey Kie, I was thinking you should do a beat the stig type of event - you do a lap of a track is the worst car of its class (like the Maserati or the CTR2) and post the vid on here, and we have to try to beat it in whatever car we choose! :)

Bastard. I may be on tonight for a bit; maybe I'll see you.

Even though you will probably be playing Bloodborne. :)

Yeah I'll prolly be on to cheer myself up after Bloodborne has murdered me all evening!

Kimppis

So I just played the game for the first time and it's taking 7-9 hours to download the 7gb update. :(

Although I know nothing about cars and the last racing game I played was Burnout 3 (and Burnout Legends on the Vita), the driving model and tracks feel great. Surprisingly "arcady", actually.

Graphics are pretty much what I expected (read: quite amazing), too bad the image quality isn't perfect. And usually I don't have any issues with IQ, almost no matter how bad. Maybe it just stands out because there's so much detail. Now if that weather patch would just finish downloading...

Hey guys, I'm in a Club but the other club members are pretty much MIA for a few months now and I'm the only one really pushing things at the moment.

I dragged our asses from level 7 to 14 on my own so far and I saw I needed 888k fame to get us to level 15... On one hand, it encourages me to keep my push for level 40 going, (currently at level 37) but at the same time, I'm the only one doing it and it just sounds daunting.

If I jump ship to a level 15 or higher club, will I still get the trophy for getting a club to level 15?

I might just end up getting this club to level 15 on my own then change clubs though.

Check out the progress on your Accolades. There are big bonuses tied to some, especially manufacturer ones, so just pick the ones that suit you best and work on them, it'll be a big help in leveling up. 888k isn't that much in this game. Also, try your hands at some community challenges, you can get lots of points from those too, just pick the ones that have a high reward for first place (100k-150k). You don't even have to be first, just try to make your way into the top 100 or 50 on a few challenges and you'll reap pretty decent rewards.

My club, of course.
Unless I get Bloodborne. But honestly, I think I will wait for a sale as it would just sit.

Which club are you in? And I haven't seen you on lately... ;)

Hah I'm in Nibzy's club which is GAF EU (even though I am in Canada)

And yeah I have not had much time for games lately sadly, what I have played this week has been mostly all Bloodborne :(

I do try to do some challenges every night or so

Hah I'm in Nibzy's club which is GAF EU (even though I am in Canada)

And yeah I have not had much time for games lately sadly, what I have played this week has been mostly all Bloodborne :(

I do try to do some challenges every night or so

I thought so, and based on your play time-- definitely my club. :)

BTW: How is Bloodborne?

v1lla21

Can't use that one as I am the electric merc' biggest supporter! I was 2 seconds down after the first checkpoint due to restarting into the wall and 0.6 behind at the end so it wasn't the car slowing me down, just my own inability to do well in all sectors on the same lap!
Well that was and will be the only time I ever beat you at anything in this game. Lol.

It feels more in line with Demon's Souls than Dark Souls, IMO.

And yeah I'm down for some multiplayer are you EU or NA? I should be free most of Saturday

Definite purchase then. And NA Eastern. I should be on for a few hours around 1130-12 tomorrow.

Count me in as a fan of the Onyx too. It's one of my favorites now.

It doesn't beat a skilled driver with the Veneno, but it owns otherwise.

I'm happy to join you if you wish, I play quite a bit in a fairly inactive GAF club. Level 47 ATM.

You may as well level that club up to 50! But I'll send you an invite later tonight if you want to abandon ship.

Definite purchase then. And NA Eastern. I should be on for a few hours around 1130-12 tomorrow.

It doesn't beat a skilled driver with the Veneno, but it owns otherwise.

You may as well level that club up to 50! But I'll send you an invite later tonight if you want to abandon ship.

Personal level 47 club was a lot lower, got most of levels preclub. Would appreciate the invite.

Personal level 47 club was a lot lower, got most of levels preclub. Would appreciate the invite.

Give me a few hours...

Ok. I'm NA Mountain I'll try to be on around then too

We should get some others in on this and try and get a 6 person GAF session going

There are always people from my friend's list on (duallusion!), so I don't think it should be too difficult. Now whether or not the servers cooperate, as I was getting kicked out left and right today, is another story.

The fact that challenges, leaderboards, and multi is still a bit fucked this long after launch is troubling...

farmerboy

Where can I find out what time that is so maybe I can join you.

I'm Australia Melbourne

Edit: I think its 4am. Can someone confirm. I'm shit at using time converters

There are always people from my friend's list on (duallusion!), so I don't think it should be too difficult. Now whether or not the servers cooperate, as I was getting kicked out left and right today, is another story.

The fact that challenges, leaderboards, and multi is still a bit fucked this long after launch is troubling...

Interesting I haven't had server problems in months, even though leaderboards are slow to load sometimes. Challenges work perfect for me too lately.

Haven't tried racing in a session before though so maybe thats a different story

Where can I find out what time that is so maybe I can join you.

I'm Australia Melbourne

Edit: I think its 4am. Can someone confirm. I'm shit at using time converters

It looks like 4AM... yikes.

Normally, sessions are great, as once everyone gets into the correct lobby it is smooth sailing. Now if the leader wants to change, things get dicey... particularly if people aren't in the same party chat.

I do my best to race clean but I am not the greatest driver so any "incidents" will be by accident :)

I drive bumper cam, which limits side visibility, but don't get me started on this issue... it'll be fine. I have incidental contact every once and awhile, too. As long as you, or I, aren't trying to barrier someone in our session, all will be well. And if someone outside the session is causing you grief, we can all gang up on him. :)

farmerboy

It looks like 4AM... yikes.

Normally, sessions are great, as once everyone gets into the correct lobby it is smooth sailing. Now if the leader wants to change, things get dicey... particularly if people aren't in the same party chat.

Unfortunately 4am starts have happened way too much for me in my profession. I'll get up and have a look for the heck of it, and if you are around I'll join in.

Like you said though, the servers have been dicey, so it might be for nothing. lol.

See you in roughly 20hrs!

someone send me a pm if you aren't gonna be there, I don't want to get up for nothing!

Was this posted?

From the buggy thread

Buggies video

1427479785-driveclub-lunatics-expansion-pack.jpg

Top Bottom