• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

kie25

Just so you know the brakes are not independent L2 will activate both brakes, circle just the rear. Also they can't show wiping out on the bikes as it's a Pegi 3 just so you know ;) I've also seen few bits info for update but again I can't and won't say anything untill it's been announced by Driveclub or rushy, I respect evo far to much to open my mouth ;)

It is nothing spectacular, just something that popped up after some time. You'll get it eventually.

Oh man, the bikes are awesome. Brings back so many memories, especially at the start of races and watching them all dive into the first corner,. In-helmet cam is insane.

The skills are pretty nice too. It'd be cool if they could make the car ones as varied as these.
Yeah I can see the Skills getting quite challenging.

Just so you know the brakes are not independent L2 will activate both brakes, circle just the rear. Also they can't show wiping out on the bikes as it's a Pegi 3 just so you know ;) I've also seen few bits info for update but again I can't and won't say anything untill it's been announced by Driveclub or rushy, I respect evo far to much to open my mouth ;)
Wipeout.
mygreatcapturescreenskzoef.png

Duallusion

I would agree, for newcomes the amount of content is super awesome. As for existing DC players its just okay, like I said before, at least one new location with this would have totally done it for me with this bike update.

Still enjoying it a lot though and I would support Evo anyway :).

Yeah, I wanted to give them my monies so quick there was only one person on US store who gave the DLC a thumbs-up before me. :)

kie25

It is nothing spectacular, just something that popped up after some time. You'll get it eventually.

Yeah I can see the Skills getting quite challenging.

Wipeout.
mygreatcapturescreenskzoef.png
Through replay though yes? Don't think you will see any contact though as far as I understand from what Jamie said.

So secret trophy for photo mode :D.
Yes but I didn't want to say on account of it being secret lol

Through replay though yes? Don't think you will see any contact though as far as I understand from what Jamie said.
Replay, but only because I didn't go into Photo Mode at the time :p

That was an AI driver. The driver disappeared immediately but the bike still goes flying.

I wonder how long this will stay the case.

mygreatcapturescreenschrtx.png

Oh god, i'm terrible with bikes, what have i gotten myself into? I'll have to relearn all the tracks with bikes. XD
Also, the 3 first person cameras are hella scary, but also exhilarating! :)

kie25

Oh god, i'm terrible with bikes, what have i gotten myself into? I'll have to relearn all the tracks with bikes. XD
Also, the 3 first person cameras are hella scary, but also exhilarating! :)

Think about me I've not used a pad on ps4 in nearly a year apart from battlefield beta and NFS beta :) like learning the game again, for me it's great fun but I get more fun from playing racers with a wheel so this will be more a pick up and play game bit like burnout paradise was on PS3 :) I used to play that after league racing and stuff.

Shaneus

Think about me I've not used a pad on ps4 in nearly a year apart from battlefield beta and NFS beta :) like learning the game again, for me it's great fun but I get more fun from playing racers with a wheel so this will be more a pick up and play game bit like burnout paradise was on PS3 :) I used to play that after league racing and stuff.
Try the motion sense/gyro mode, maybe it'll be easier. Then let me know what it's like!

Just had a great 5 player sesh with my EU team mates, sadly I'm the bloody slowest on the bikes at the moment :-( The online is actually brilliant, very close racing and lots of fun :) Really impressed with the bikes so far, I was loving the in helmet view and how scary it was but found I just couldn't compete with the other guys on time trials (doing it the old fashioned single event technique) without switching to 3rd person view.

Anyone have the issue where it says that the disc version of the same application has been used on the PS4? Do I need to delete the disc content?

dakun

I posted in the announcement thread, but i wanted to share my impressions in this thread too:

so i just finished the whole tour and got all 162 stars. According to the leaderboards of the last event there are only 4 others. Kinda funny to be among the first to finish it. The Gold trophy says 0,0% got it :D

I gotta say riding the bikes is a whole lot of fun. I'm not a bike expert by any means so i don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but compared to the cars i barely noticed a difference between the bikes that are available.. i mean they sound different but handle pretty much the same.

The Bike campaign is kinda short and considering what you get with the season pass there really isn't enough content for 15€. it's at least 5€ too much, if not more, if it stays like this content wise. Took me about 3 hours to complete. The difficulty was pretty easy, i was able to get all stars most of the time with the occassional retry. The last two "Style Events" took me about 4-6 times to finish.

I'm looking forward to the announcements for the next updates next week.. i hope they create more content for the Bike Pack so the content is a little more justifiable.

Also a little tip: When it says you need to do a clean lap, it only means not going over track limits or crashing into the barrier. You can play bumper cars as much as you want and it won't penalize you.

----------------------

To add to this i just want to say that Driveclub is without a doubt one of my favorite racing games of all time.. It's as close to perfection as it gets to me, the difficulty, the feeling, the gameplay, the graphics, the sound.. it's just the complete package.
So when i say that 15€ for the content in this package is too much, I'm speaking from a neutral perspective.. I don't feel ripped of at all. I'll literally give them anything they want for more content.

Also i played two races online and became 1st on both.. people really like to jump into the cold water with the bikes huh? no practice or anything.. going through the tour is almost mandatory for me to be competitive online. I'd be lost without it.

I wouldn't say they handle like cars. Unless you count the Rimac :p

You really benefit from track knowledge I think. Early turn in really helps. Get it wrong though and your corner is ruined.

Really like the handling, very accessible.

Place swapping seems to happen a lot too.

Shaneus

I wouldn't say they handle like cars. Unless you count the Rimac :p

You really benefit from track knowledge I think. Early turn in really helps. Get it wrong though and your corner is ruined.

Really like the handling, very accessible.

Place swapping seems to happen a lot too.
Would you say it's similar to PGR4? I really liked the way they felt. Obviously different to handle but nowhere near as difficult as an actual bike (or accurate simulation of one).

I was trying to get the Sinclair Pass trophy and was up the leaders ghosts ass on the last corner and the controller glitched out and went straight into the barrier, that is the first time playing the game since the original launch that I have got angry playing the game. Wish Sony would sort that out it is fucking annoying and really pronounced in DC and even more so with the bikes.

I think it is pretty good and worth the £12, starting to get into the lines but the handling feels like it is body weight led rather than steering led as it feels a bit slow to get down and back up. I find I'm adapting very quick to the quirks of the game though there is still quite a bit to get a hang of. Would like a bit more throttle control though, I have only got the the Fireblade so that might be different with some other bikes but I would have expected that to be one with that required more control out of the bikes available.

xrnzaaas

Jesus fucking Christ, the bikes expansion is PHENOMENAL. The handling model is just perfect. You can play very aggressively and finding that perfect racing line makes you feel like a boss. :) I'm playing with the helmet camera and it's very immersive and also I think it's the best choice if you want to fight for good laptimes (I drive like shit when I switch to the camera behind the bike).

PS. I honestly thought that I would suck at this game (this often happens when I drive a bike in a video game ;)), but look what happened (first tour event). ;p
kKqcgD4.jpg

Would you say it's similar to PGR4? I really liked the way they felt. Obviously different to handle but nowhere near as difficult as an actual bike (or accurate simulation of one).
Dunno, didn't play it, blasphemy I know!

You can really push them hard though, great feeling being on full throttle getting the cornering dead right.

On slipstream mentioned a few posts ago, I agree thought it was very heavy. Though, I actually liked it. Meant there was a lot of place swapping as I previously mentioned.

Never felt cheated by it.

Had to post this before leaving for work.....

DamagedFittingAntlion.gif

That is freakin awesome :)

I feel the draft is a bit too strong on bikes, the moment you hit draft, it's like you get a huge nitrous boost. I think it should be balanced a bit for Multiplayer.

Anyway, here's some footage of said multiplayer, BMW S1000RR on Lake Shoji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFrK_oqD_v0

Very nicely done bud, I really struggled to get anything like that smooth. Lol at Vaga faceplanting into the tunnel wall on lap 2 :)

Believe me, riding bikes for a living, that gif is spot on how it feels in real life. That shimmy of the bars going into the corner, then that subtle lift as you get on the power over the crest.

Those boys done good!

kie25

Some footage of on your bike remember I'm not used to the pad & both my pads have broken R2 buttons not getting 100% throttle as I found out on the 1st 2 skill runs where every go my bike was slow at start. Hopefully get a new pad soon so I can try get my times faster.

https://youtu.be/7YMyI61AGis

And here is the 1st 2 skill runs you can see the ghost at start get away, and these were my best starts :(

https://youtu.be/QfteUqUcIdw

Some footage of on your bike remember I'm not used to the pad & both my pads have broken R2 buttons not getting 100% throttle as I found out on the 1st 2 skill runs where every go my bike was slow at start. Hopefully get a new pad soon so I can try get my times faster.

The fix for broken R2's is really simple costs about £1 as all you need is a replacement R2, I bought another controller when my first broke but subsequently fixed the original and it is as good as new. Super easy to do as well.

Makikou

Just drive it pretty much like you would a car, the physics aren't fleshed out enough to worry too much about bike riding physics.

I disagree. You need to turn in earlier, you need to brake earlier, carrying the momentum is slightly different and you kinda have to be a bit smoother too than you would with a car..

danowat

Banned
I disagree. You need to turn in earlier, you need to brake earlier, carrying the momentum is slightly different and you kinda have to be a bit smoother too than you would with a car..

You're welcome to disagree, but there aren't any of the normal considerations you'd have when riding a bike, you don't have to worry too much about wheelies out of corners, you don't have to worry about traction out of a corner which would normally end up in a highside, you don't have to worry about how much brake you are applying into a corner which would normally end up in a low side.

In short, there aren't really any extra considerations than driving a car in DC, not that are specific to bikes anyway.

Denur

Jesus fucking Christ, the bikes expansion is PHENOMENAL. The handling model is just perfect. You can play very aggressively and finding that perfect racing line makes you feel like a boss. :) I'm playing with the helmet camera and it's very immersive and also I think it's the best choice if you want to fight for good laptimes (I drive like shit when I switch to the camera behind the bike).

PS. I honestly thought that I would suck at this game (this often happens when I drive a bike in a video game ;)), but look what happened (first tour event). ;p
kKqcgD4.jpg
Looks like I have a bit of work to do. ;)

Ted

Does anyone know if the stars earned in the Bike expansion count towards the number of stars criteria for "Elite" driver levels?

Pachimari

Just read Eurogamer's article about the VR prototype and I really don't hope that Evolution will update the game to run at 60fps, and then losing graphical fidelity in environments and weather. I wouldn't mind bringing down the number of cars from 12 to 8 though if that helps.

Nyx

Just read Eurogamer's article about the VR prototype and I really don't hope that Evolution will update the game to run at 60fps, and then losing graphical fidelity in environments and weather. I wouldn't mind bringing down the number of cars from 12 to 8 though if that helps.

What if it was just an extra option?

(30 FPS with all bells and whistles, 60 FPS without, you choose)

DriveClub VR - The dream is a reality!

As Nyx says, I'm sure it'll just dial these settings back when in VR mode - day 1 for me when that lands.

They already did that one!

Paul Rustchynsky explained that some optimisation has been made to get DriveClub running at 60fps - in contrast to the 30fps the base game runs at - with the car count being reduced from 12 to eight competitors, and with some trackside detail and the nuances of the weather and cloud system being dialled back.

Perhaps they could just make DRIVECLUB VRALLY, then you only need yourself on the track.

How would that even work?

That would be a mess for MP,since they need to reduce the player count.

Same way PC's work. You turn off effects to improve performance. If it is a preset it is as simple as pressing a button, no faffing. With multiplayer it is to a set standard regardless of peoples preference.

I'm getting used to these bikes and having a lot more fun now, but I don't think they have enough 'oomph'. A 1000cc bike feels much more savage in real life than they do in DC. The sense of speed is there and it's excellent, but the blistering bursts of acceleration aren't portrayed as well as they could be imo.

And I dislike that my bike slows down when pulling a wheelie at low speeds. It puts me off pulling them.

kie25

I've been very lucky to play the Driveclub VR and can tell you now it's insane, the most amazing experience I've ever had since I've been gaming, it's just unbelievable :)

Top Bottom