• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Sirenty

As someone who rode sportbikes for over a decade, both on and off the track, I'm super hyped for this.

I hope they have some 600s and not just litre bikes.

Tommi84

Skill mode from the Evo movie sounds interesting. Wonder how it'll play out. Will find out as soon as my slow-internet will download the update.

dracula_x

yup, looks cool

qBf37BF.png

Tommi84

Really. If not for the points in the middle of the screen, I could easily mistake this for real life (sorry for the youtube compression):

FnaGRwX.jpg

Man...I started that stream thinking I was going to pick up the handling easily, but they're fucking difficult to drive. Very twitchy and unpredictable. Definitely gonna take me a while to get the hang of it.

And man, I thought driving the cars in cockpit view was intense. This is just insane. My heart was pumping so fast.

drotahorror

Bikes are very fun. Cockpit view is impossible for me.

Also, feels good to 3 star a time trial again. Even though I guess it was pretty easy. Will be interesting to play this on my g29 come christmas.

desu

Completed the Norway trophy!

Some fun new challenges in there that could become quite hard for me later on. Not the biggest bike fan though so I am looking forward to updates on the car side of things.

Only dissapointment is probably that we did not get at least one new location.

Vaga

Love the bikes and how they feel, handle, sound etc. Skills events are my favorite.

But the question is:

ISLE OF MAN. When it's coming?

Have we had any word on what the supposed "visual improvement" is supposed to be? It's already almost November.

Next week apparently.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/27/driveclub-bikes-announced-at-paris-games-week-available-now-on-ps-store/ said:
We’ll have more news on the upcoming updates next week but in the meantime come ride with us! You can buy DRIVECLUB BIKES starting today from PlayStation Store as a standalone game for £15.99/€19.99. If you’re already a DRIVECLUB member, you can add on DRIVECLUB BIKES at a discount for £11.99/€14.99.

Arturo

Love the bikes and how they feel, handle, sound etc. Skills events are my favorite.

But the question is:

ISLE OF MAN. When it's coming?

Oh god, OH GOD, OMFG! How didn't I think about that? Now I can't fully enjoy this game until we get Isle of Man…

Rushy, PLEASE…

Duallusion

Price of a standalone game is great for complete newcomers in need of a top-notch arcade bike-racing game but ... dare I say not that great of a deal as DLC that basically amounts to 11(?) new bikes and some graphic elements/events put together? It goes without saying that IMO, of course.

That glorious season pass really spoiled me, I guess.

Sirenty

Oh man, the bikes are awesome. Brings back so many memories, especially at the start of races and watching them all dive into the first corner,. In-helmet cam is insane.

The skills are pretty nice too. It'd be cool if they could make the car ones as varied as these.

desu

Price of a standalone game is great for complete newcomers in need of a top-notch arcade bike-racing game but ... dare I say not that great of a deal as DLC that basically amounts to 11(?) new bikes and some graphic elements/events put together? It goes without saying that IMO, of course.

That glorious season pass really spoiled me, I guess.

I would agree, for newcomes the amount of content is super awesome. As for existing DC players its just okay, like I said before, at least one new location with this would have totally done it for me with this bike update.

Still enjoying it a lot though and I would support Evo anyway :).

Top Bottom