• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Oh, so it's just a couple of bikes? Dissapointed. : /

Still F5ing to buy it tho.
All bikes look the same to me anyway :p

So no news on lobbies and no news on the app then? I can forgive not mentioning a Season Pass 2 as it would become confusing with BIKES being DLC, but would have thought it would have been the ideal place to say something like 'and coming soon/next month/January/whenever you can do private lobbies and the app blah blah'.

Seems like ages since we last heard anything on that.

Auctopus

So, it's an expansion that's available as a standalone?

If it's a straight up standalone, we're just downloading all the same tracks again in a separate file but there's bikes?

desu

All bikes look the same to me anyway :p

So no news on lobbies and no news on the app then? I can forgive not mentioning a Season Pass 2 as it would become confusing with BIKES being DLC, but would have thought it would have been the ideal place to say something like 'and coming soon/next month/January/whenever you can do private lobbies and the app blah blah'.

Seems like ages since we last heard anything on that.

Bikes today, Rushy said lobbies early November (so soon).

12 of the world’s best superbikes: Featuring bikes from top manufacturers including Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW and more.

Full BIKES Tour campaign: We’ve designed a new game mode and loads of events to help you get to grips with bikes and ultimately challenge you to master every superbike in the game.
Unlimited Challenges: Create and compete in new challenges to show off and test your speed, agility and skills with bikes.
Personalised events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time and with near limitless weather conditions.
Multiplayer racing: Take advantage of the extra space on every track with opportunities to overtake on every corner in heated wheel to wheel action.
Customisation: Personalize your bikes and your rider, including paint jobs, rider leathers and custom helmets.
Clubs: Everything you do in DRIVECLUB BIKES contributes to the success of your Club, unlocking new rewards, accolades, customisation and challenges.

Blog post.

Makikou

We’ll have more news on the upcoming updates next week but in the meantime come ride with us! You can buy DRIVECLUB BIKES starting today from PlayStation Store as a standalone game for £14.99/€19.99. If you’re already a DRIVECLUB member, you can add on DRIVECLUB BIKES at a discount for £12.99/€14.99.

So yeah. There's a bit more info.

Personalised events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time and with near limitless weather conditions.
Is this different than single events and challenges in DC?

Not really a motorcycle person myself, but I remember how much fun I had when Burnout Paradise added bikes. Would have liked bikes a lot more in the otorstorm games if there were more camera options, so will definitely be checking that stuff out.

CodeEvo

wJf4Hqu.jpg

Platinum confirmed

ZalXII

yeah great, patch starts at zero for me and downloads everything again (12GB) despite having the latest patch before this one.

Ainsz

Not a big enthusiast for bikes, trailer looked good though. Wouldn't mind racing an Atom against one. Really wanted to find out what the car side of things for DC entailed.

Makikou

Paul Rustchynsky @Rushy33 15s
The #DRIVECLUB game update 1.23 is now available to download. BIKES should be live on the PlayStation Store very, very shortly.

Edit: Patch size is approximately 1.8-2gb

Tommi84

Dang. There's even a Plat trophy? My, my. Another months of playing the game I see... and I was somewhat started to loose interest in the game.

We’ll have more news on the upcoming updates next week but in the meantime come ride with us! You can buy DRIVECLUB BIKES starting today from PlayStation Store as a standalone game for £14.99/€19.99. If you’re already a DRIVECLUB member, you can add on DRIVECLUB BIKES at a discount for £12.99/€14.99.

I appreciate the discount for Driveclub owners, but how does a €5 discount translate to £2? Should be no more than £10.99.

Was hoping for more news on new tracks and another season pass, but this is cool too, definitely getting it.

Started downloading the update, but noticed something weird.

The game no longer seems to know that I own the season pass - all the DLC now has prices on it in the store where previously it said "free"

Suggestions?

NewDust

How the fuck do I start the download? I just bought it and it didn't say 'start download' or anything. :S

PS4 Does this sometimes... Usually logging out and in again allows you to start the download.

EDIT: NVM, you seem to have figured it out. Just a headsup for everyone that has bought disc+SP, you can't buy the the stand-alone version. I hate that, cause I don't want this to be tied to my disc version.

Top Bottom