• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

-Amon-

They've made too many mistakes and missteps going all the way back to that infamous Motorstorm reveal trailer. Sony simply got tired of dealing with it, and the launch of DRIVECLUB was the last straw. As much as I agree with this sentiment and want them to continue making DRIVECLUB a new age PGR, it's understandable why Sony pulled the plug on Evolution.

Pass it on mate, don't keep that only for yourself, will ya ?

Alright, I said something wrong, got served crow. I'll take back what I said and leave it up as a measure of the stupid things I sometimes write.

The game is nothing short of amazing even with the launch troubles, and every penny I spent on this game has been worth it.

Moving on, anybody know how to increase the difficulty?

Rushy

What bothers me the most with DRIVECLUB is the lack of non-thrustmaster wheels support.
We also support Logitech. The situation with Fanatec is in the hands of Sony as the publisher, not Evolution. I still hope in the future we'll be able to support them, but right now that isn't possible.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
We also support Logitech. The situation with Fanatec is in the hands of Sony as the publisher, not Evolution. I still hope in the future we'll be able to support them, but right now that isn't possible.

How many souls did you have to sell to make this?

dcbikes20rtv.gif

Alright, I said something wrong, got served crow. I'll take back what I said and leave it up as a measure of the stupid things I sometimes write.

The game is nothing short of amazing even with the launch troubles, and every penny I spent on this game has been worth it.

Moving on, anybody know how to increase the difficulty?
Acquire a broken R2 controller. Or you do it from the Event Settings when you make an event.

If you're asking can I adjust the difficulty when you're doing Tour stuffs - the star targets are your difficulty.

There are more difficulty options coming soon.

FukuDaruma

I supossed it had to do with politics or licensing or something that really can't be said in public instead of lack of willing from you or technical issues, but the situation is kinda ridiculous.

There is already Fanatec support in several other PS4 games. Clearly, there is somebody that makes this decision, and that person should be aware that many Playstation customers are asking for it since more than a year ago, even with a 20K signed petition at Change.org...

Acquire a broken R2 controller. Or you do it from the Event Settings when you make an event.

If you're asking can I adjust the difficulty when you're doing Tour stuffs - the star targets are your difficulty.

There are more difficulty options coming soon.

Alright, because I was wondering why I was whupping the AI in the Bike tour when they were usually right on me in the regular Tour.

And no, I'm not going the Maki route :p

I'd say the bike tour does start off very easy if you're a seasoned player.

But it does get harder as you go along - just like the original car tour did.

I wouldn't really say that, the first couple of tiers aside, that it was much different from the car tours - I guess you must just be better on bikes!

I'd say the bike tour does start off very easy if you're a seasoned player.

But it does get harder as you go along - just like the original car tour did.

I wouldn't really say that, the first couple of tiers aside, that it was much different from the car tours - I guess you must just be better on bikes!

It got harder on the car tour? I never noticed, they were always right on me and made the races a lot of fun.

I must be then, I always did prefer the bikes in PGR 4.

You sure? You could have bought mine.

I got another one lying around here in case he needs a spare. :D

Having played a bit more of DC Bikes now, it almost feels like a new game. I still haven't fully got the hang of it, but i got a few of the harder trophies out of the way. This wasn't at all what i expected, but it's a great addition to the game nonetheless. Makes you think what else they could add with this format. :)

I'm still hoping for news on more car oriented content and of course new countries/tracks. In the meantime i'm looking forward to the update next week.

Ainsz

How many of us are gonna suck bananas because we've accustomed ourselves to the bikes.

Yeah, going back to cars took some getting used to all over again. "Why isn't my RS6 leaning over?" But man, did I feel more at home once I was back behind a wheel. Bikes are a stressful experience and is a real workout on your left thumb and analogue stick. Love the work put in to them and credit to EVO for making another great handling model for a racing game. But bikes are always second choice for me, just don't enjoy them as much as cars.

Ebolarama

Banned
I am really grateful that the actual tour events and multiplayer don't mix cars and bikes, but I wish there was a free for all PGR4-style arcade mode that classed bikes and comparable cars together, just for the hell of it.

DeaDPo0L84

So I finally picked up Driveclub last night before leaving work. I was off today and figured it would be nice to have something different than the Witcher. Lets just say I havent played the Witcher today at all.

The last racing game I bought was Need for Speed at the launch of PS4. So for me to buy this was a little out of he norm. Im sure the experience might have been different at launch but the product im playing currently is nothing short of amazing. Im glad that it sold well to show that gamers will buy a good product regardless of the dog piling by various sites.

The game is gorgeous and I have ended up in wrecks cause I was too busy looking off at something that caught my eye. I actually like the fact that there isnt a tuning aspect to the game since im not too familiar with cars so I can simply pick one, get on the road, and have a good time. Also the little challenges within races are one of my favorite little distractions and help make each race unique.

Basically I went from someone who probably never would have played it (I never even downloaded the free version), to now buying the game and also the motorbike DLC. I really look forward to what Evolution has in store for this game in the future.

p3n

Really? That is weird because last time I checked the support and driver package is free to use for every publisher. It would be a shame if Sony is just not requesting the package for Driveclub.

Why the hell can't I buy the stand alone Bikes DLC? I only have the PS Plus version of DC and never even bothered to download the thing and now apparently that prevents me from buying the DLC as a stand alone?!

Seriously, WTF!

When he fk's up, he fk's up well!

3oEdv4xJuNxZ3iknIs.gif

LOL that's an epic fail :)

I am really grateful that the actual tour events and multiplayer don't mix cars and bikes, but I wish there was a free for all PGR4-style arcade mode that classed bikes and comparable cars together, just for the hell of it.

I'd like to give it a try but I think you'd need a forcefield around the bike to get to the finish unscathed online!

Rushy, there seems to be a small error in one of the trophy descriptions. The one for "Serious Collector" says: "Unlock your tenth Bike", but it actually popped for me when i unlocked the 12th.

Rushy, there seems to be a small error in one of the trophy descriptions. The one for "Serious Collector" says: "Unlock your tenth Bike", but it actually popped for me when i unlocked the 12th.
It is your 10th bike to unlock. In other words 2 were unlocked from the start, and now you have 12 having unlocked 10 of them through your mad skillz.

Just digging into the bikes stuff and wow. It feels like a new game

With this and private lobbies next week I feel the Driveclub hooks sinking back into me

Pachimari

I got a quick question. I have the disc based version already but can I buy the Full PlayStation Plus version and have it there digitally on my hard drive and continue my current progress from the disc edition?

I got a quick question. I have the disc based version already but can I buy the Full PlayStation Plus version and have it there digitally on my hard drive and continue my current progress from the disc edition?

As far as I know there is no difference between save files for digital vs disc. You should be ok

Yeah front cam, dash (if they even call it a dash on a bike!) cam and helmet cam all impossible to use for me.

Can't tell at all what the bike is doing.

M52B28

Banned
So, for those who have played PGR 4 (This game's distant cousin?) How do the bikes handle on here compared to it?

Is it at all similar, or is it much, much harder?

Never thought I'd say this but having played the Ducati Duel event I've come to the conclusion that Goshodaira is actually a good track... for bikes (still hate it for cars tho). The flowing nature just works really well on a bike and the tight sections are way easier due to the reduced width.

Skjolden is another track that's improved on the bikes (flying is fun!) but it's not such a big swing of opinion for me.

nib95

Banned
Never thought I'd say this but having played the Ducati Duel event I've come to the conclusion that Goshodaira is actually a good track... for bikes (still hate it for cars tho). The flowing nature just works really well on a bike and the tight sections are way easier due to the reduced width.

Skjolden is another track that's improved on the bikes (flying is fun!) but it's not such a big swing of opinion for me.

Wat. Goshodaira is one of my fave tracks in the game! I don't even have the bike pack yet :p

Wat. Goshodaira is one of my fave tracks in the game! I don't even have the bike pack yet :p

Get outta here, you can't really like that track! :) Online it just turns into a crash fest every time - whenever I'm in a party and that track turns up we jump out and go elsewhere.

Top Bottom