• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

So, for those who have played PGR 4 (This game's distant cousin?) How do the bikes handle on here compared to it?

Is it at all similar, or is it much, much harder?

I played hundreds of hours of PGR4, mostly spent in bulldog mode with the Yamaha R1, and I'd say they handle similarly, but the bikes in DC are a little weightier.

DrKelpo

Banned
Did venom hot lap again for fun yesterday. Even without focusing too much, I got a time below 1:16 on my third try.
A year ago I spent a whole night without sleep to get it.

In between I got all 1035 stars and the platin trophy.

I never got any excitement out of racing games where you really have to learn the tracks and cars to shave of fractions of seconds... Until this game came along.

Consider this post as a little love letter from me to the game. <3

When you get a sign stuck on your bike...

xFepXf2.png

sorry for the crappy quality, got it from my stream from last night

desu

Playing Driveclub with a wheel is super weird. It's been ages since I've played a game with a wheel but I don't remember it being this hard. Need to try GT5 again to see how that compares.

Playing Driveclub with a wheel is super weird. It's been ages since I've played a game with a wheel but I don't remember it being this hard. Need to try GT5 again to see how that compares.

What wheel are you using?

Also is there just some troll cruising this thread to downvote vids? Every single time lol

G25 via GIMX, so I am not sure its a setup thing or simply because its meant to control that way.

Hmm. It's been a while since I played GT6 but I remember coming from that to DC thinking DC played quite well with a wheel. I'm using a T100 though which does have official support so maybe there's a difference

What you guys think are the best looking tracks if I wanted to have three tracks to play with mates on once private lobbies come.

I'm thinking:

Tamil Nadu (Or Bandipur), India
Sinclair Pass, Canada
SKNO, Norway

Yes new update out guys and I think it's the big update ;) private lobbies etc
Downloading right now.

It seems strange to me that after waiting for more than a year for the private lobbies they would put the update online without saying a thing, but who knows. I hope you are right.

Edit: yes, yes, yesssss. Private lobbies. Finally. I'm going to try it right now.

Vanguard

Yep private lobbies in, driver level now up to 80, club level now up to 55. One change I really like is that the elite level challenges can now be played directly from your driver profile.

Yep private lobbies in, driver level now up to 80, club level now up to 55. One change I really like is that the elite level challenges can now be played directly from your driver profile.

I assume from player feedback, lots of us were moaning that it would be a lot easier to do that rather than have to try remember the course/car combo etc. Evo really are pushing the limits for developer support on this game. But then I guess if it is going to become a service then the updates will be continuous throughout it's life as an ever improving game.

Any news on the graphical updates they mentioned?

Ainsz

Some nice options in there. Interesting to see they have an ability to turn off drafting, given that it's pretty much physics and a given are there varying levels they have made? Because all racing games should have some drafting effect in them.

Yes, drafting can be altered over 3 different levels (amplified, standard and reduced) same with collisions and penalties. Lot's to experiment with!

You mean like these? ;-)
Yup! Decided to christen Private Lobbies with the best track on the game ;)

Yes, drafting can be altered over 3 different levels (amplified, standard and reduced) same with collisions and penalties. Lot's to experiment with!

Amplified should certainly make for some interesting races with a lot of overtaking. Also the idea of no collision penalties could give licence for some no holds barred Wombat racing!

T_Exige

Driver level 80? Yey new challenges, but still got my hands full with these bike time trials.
I don't have a problem with the top times, but combined with the clean lap makes it hard :)

Duallusion

Platinumed the Bikes expansion yesterday, thinking to myself so, what's next? and today this drops. Evo just keeps ooon givin'.

Tommi84

Weren't we suppose to get new Accolades? I thought it will be included

New Tours additions seems great! I enjoy playing the races in the game.

I'll be on tonight, hopefully from around 8pm (providing I can get the kids to sleep!) to give the new private servers a whirl - I'll knock up a spreadsheet too so we can try a little league event all going well.

If you want to join in and have a go then send me a psn message when you're on - We'll experiment with the settings (can you still draft when ghosting is turned on? etc) and see what works best before starting our league events next week probably.

I've been trying a few races with some friends and it's like a totally different game. Playing with friends, driving the right way, without people crashing into you is really great.

It isn't all good news though. It seems like the app randomly crashes to the XMB every 3 or 4 races in the private lobby. I hope they fix it soon.

Makikou

Private Lobbies has surprised me positively, thanks to:

- Camera Lock!!
- Force manual gears.
- Host chooses car.
- You can decide weather and all that jazz.

Atlanterhavsvegen. Agera R. Forced cockpit and manual gearing. Have fun.

Bonus: add in HEAVY precipitation at 00:00 stormy

Top Bottom