• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

i_max

Neo Member
I had to resort to the atom...when I thought that I absolutely nailed a lap with the mono, and was still a second off, I strapped into that little death trap and power slid myself to a better lap time

Atom is so easy to twitch while turning, I keep having to give slow power delivery to make that car work at all, do you guys use a wheel or a ds4?

viveks86

Okay that's what i thought, until I had a really good lap in the Atom and was still 3 seconds behind...
Meh, gotta keep trying i guess
It also sucks that you can completely dismiss achieving it in the first lap, and from the third lap on it gets dark and I can't drive when it's dark..

Yeah 2nd lap is crucial. Try to stay close behind a car during the straights so that you can draft them and reach top speed. Makes a HUGE difference in these 2 cars.

Shaneus

I had to resort to the atom...when I thought that I absolutely nailed a lap with the mono, and was still a second off, I strapped into that little death trap and power slid myself to a better lap time
I just redid that first race and not only managed to win by about a second (was up by 3s before the end of the second last lap, but messed up a little), but got the Cleanup trophy for no collisions *and* beat the 1:23 by about half a second.

In the Mono.

Come at me, bitches.

Yeah 2nd lap is crucial. Try to stay close behind a car during the straights so that you can draft them and reach top speed. Makes a HUGE difference in these 2 cars.
I just beat the 1:23 whilst in first ^_^

On that note, I'd love to enter a club race of Atoms vs. Monos. Or a solid 1-on-1 with the same matchup. Have to be an evenly-balanced straights/corners track, but I'd be confident the Mono could smoke the Atom in the right hands.

torontoml

Anyone else hate drift events, I've hated them all and now I'm on the Pagani drift with the Huayra and can only seem to get within 1000 pts of 7300

Synth

Anyone else hate drift events, I've hated them all and now I'm on the Pagani drift with the Huayra and can only seem to get within 1000 pts of 7300

I despised them all... however, I don't know what the hell you must be doing to end up with a score like that lol.

EDIT: Oh, "within"... ignore me. :)

Shaneus

Yeah, I never liked the drift events. Even less so considering that to drive fast you need to avoid doing it as much as possible.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
After holding off on a purchase thanks to the server issues, I finally bit the bullet on DC today (thanks Target). Any recommendations as to which cars/races I should go after first?

Mullah88

I just redid that first race and not only managed to win by about a second (was up by 3s before the end of the second last lap, but messed up a little), but got the Cleanup trophy for no collisions *and* beat the 1:23 by about half a second.

In the Mono.

Come at me, bitches.

On that note, I'd love to enter a club race of Atoms vs. Monos. Or a solid 1-on-1 with the same matchup. Have to be an evenly-balanced straights/corners track, but I'd be confident the Mono could smoke the Atom in the right hands.

Lol never going to happen, the acceleration is just godly. Believe the mono is very well balanced but the scenario you speak of has happened before but they took it out bac mono vs ariel atom online event. That was before I fell in love with ariel (such a nice name)

the tour event, I actually used the bac mono for all the stars ( couldn't control the atom then)

After holding off on a purchase thanks to the server issues, I finally bit the bullet on DC today (thanks Target). Any recommendations as to which cars/races I should go after first?

You're in for a treat, man. Just enjoy the ride. The sense of speed progression as you move up the car ranks is astoundingly well done.

viveks86

Do the tour in order. The first race in India is pretty underwhelming, but it's all good from there. The first time I saw Chile, I was completely blown away. And then Canada. And then Norway. And then back to India. Also make sure you create/join a club. The club cars are some of the best in each class.

Hugstable

Banned
What's your point? I know the MX-5 has been around for ages. I'm saying the look of this particular, newer model is very similar to an S2000, whereas back in the day it had an extremely distinct look.

Ahh I thought you meant overall, it doesn't look that much like an S2k though still.

Game usually sets you on the right path, it's much more arcadey in the sense that they give you the cars already and you aren't having to purchase and what not, so they will give you a selection of cars before you start any race. Also a good tip is that it might take a few laps getting used to a car before you are ready to win the race, cause many of the cars control different and the only cars that's easy to get ahold of no problem is the BAC Mono (you need to be in a club for that). Speaking of which, get in a Club, the cars you get from it help out big time.

dano1

A Sheep

Only tip I have for you is to make sure the game has connection if not your times wont be saved to the leaderboards. Unless they fixed that.

Probably my favorite racing game. Love how the cars handle! And when the online races are working it's the best ever! Just be prepared to drive defensively!! Well you'll find out soon enough:)

So are all systems go yet with DC? I've just been holding out until everything's patched and working properly. I actually don't care too much as I plan to just soak up the game in SP, but anyone know a time frame on Dynamic weather, that's kinda the main feature I'm waiting for besides stability.

Lady Gaia

The natural progression in the game is really good. Just following the tour events and working toward the goals necessary to unlock additional events is a pretty solid exercise. Just make sure you join a club or create one and get someone else to join first, or else you won't be unlocking key vehicles you'll want later in the tour.

It's also worth checking your personal stats regularly to see what accolades you can level up, as these will contribute serious fame points to advance your individual level and that of your club.

benzy

Join a club that has the Zonda unlocked. It's a lot easier than with the Huayra.

Took a break from chasing vspectres atom time on the kyle, then this happened

Took my frustration out on these guys...only 2 other players managed to finish the race

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tme5CnJKqM4

My guess, they where speeding and flying through those turns lol.

That's the track in reverse from the legends tour

Lol, not looking forward to chasing your time again.

Hugstable

Banned
I had a nine. Not as refined as the x.... Son.

Haha I was just joking with ya, my good buddy has a white Evo X that hes modded up pretty clean, I always just give em hell cause I like the overall styling of the IX MR. EVO X can be an untamed beast though, those things take well to new turbos

Cubed

I love the drift events. Not sure what most dislike about them.

Probably the first time I've liked drifting in racing games. They're my favorite Tour events.

QaaQer

Probably the first time I've liked drifting in racing games. They're my favorite Tour events.

Mine too. I like the feeling I get as I squeeze out the last few hundred points in a drift.

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah I must say I enjoy the drift events as well, I always have good progression amd usually get better with each run.

Barnzini

Neo Member
a lot of weirdness going on for me my club should be level 24 or 23 not 26

Same here. My club gained 3-4 million fame in about an hour. Went from 21 to 24 in that period. I'm guessing the servers are playing catch up and we are getting fame back that wasn't counting earlier maybe??

Also i was keen to try out the challenges today after reading reports that it's up and running and nope. It's still down. Point to point race fame challenges seem mostly broken aswell. The normal track races seem fine.

Remf

I have to say that I've finally gotten the hang of it after realizing that I should start drifting before the line starts adding points. Lol, originally thought that the line is where I had to start, but always ended up on the wall. Getting better with every event.

I still can't fathom how people play racing games via 3rd person. Its so difficult for me.

My mate explains its because he needs to see what the car is doing. I told him I need to feel what the car is doing, hence first person.

Best explanation I can think of.

Funnily enough, I'm also an FPS "inverter" and he's not: I aim with the gun, he aims with the cursor. I wonder if it's related?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I still can't fathom how people play racing games via 3rd person. Its so difficult for me.

Because I can't see shit in First Person view, all the insides of the car block my vision from seeing corners and such.

Then again, I can barely see anything even with glasses.

My mate explains its because he needs to see what the car is doing. I told him I need to feel what the car is doing, hence first person.

Best explanation I can think of.

Funnily enough, I'm also an FPS "inverter" and he's not: I aim with the gun, he aims with the cursor. I wonder if it's related?

I aim with the gun, except Halo because you always fire from the hip instead of being able to aim down the sights.

Mullah88

Hood cam all the way, I can't feel the momentum using chase cam and the cars are hard to control for me

on another note, after keeping up with some dude using the atom, he had the ruff. He decides to bump the shit put of me going by him towards the finish line smh

viveks86

Nice. Hopefully private lobbies help create these kind of events

Top Bottom