• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Tried playing today against my better judgement (my wheel was already hooked up from playing The Crew beta.) Of course I lost my connection the server multiple times during an 'offline' race. I can't believe this hasn't been sorted out yet. Frustration doesn't even begin to cover what I'm feeling about this game.

So I check in on this after a week or so away...can't even get in a multiplayer race all the time and if I do it takes ages to sync. Fucking crazy how messed up this is still.

edit: and every single event is Performance Cars Only, lol

Melchiah

Finally cleared the Semi-Pro Trophy event, and managed to get...
Cleanup
In a 12 player race, finish on the podium without losing any Fame due to collisions with other competitors.
...as well by accident. I thought that would be a hard trophy to get, but apparently it wasn't. On a side note, I just love the BAC Mono. It controls like a dream.

Has anyone jumped back and forth between using a wheel and the DS4?

I just tried the game for the first time with the controller after playing since launch with my Thrustmaster and the handling makes so much more sense to me now. Even drifting which has been near impossible seems more intuitive.

I think I'm going to put my wheel away and play the game from now on with just the DS4 but what's been the general consensus on the wheel controls for the game? Maybe I've just been doing it wrong.

benzy

bcxzbt.jpg

Did finally get past it, any suggestions for a club?

I just joined a random one someone invited me to. It doesn't matter really unless you know someone you wanna be in a club with.

Afrikan

Has anyone jumped back and forth between using a wheel and the DS4?

I just tried the game for the first time with the controller after playing since launch with my Thrustmaster and the handling makes so much more sense to me now. Even drifting which has been near impossible seems more intuitive.

I think I'm going to put my wheel away and play the game from now on with just the DS4 but what's been the general consensus on the wheel controls for the game? Maybe I've just been doing it wrong.

yeah the controller is GREAT!

can I borrows your Wheel?

GodofWine

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me pass now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
http://youtu.be/WGlPhzWXU0o

Also, behind the gaf colored livery

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me pass now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Awesome.
It was so nice to see you get by that moron. At that point, you could race your own race. Well done.

edit: There are several stages one has to get through to be that moron.

1. Purchase a Playstation 4 or convince someone to purchase it for you.
2. Unbox, connect, setup Playstation 4.
3. Create a PSN account.
4. Purchase Driveclub, which let's admit, is not household name.
5. Play Driveclub with enough determination to make it online and get into an actual race.
6. Manage to do all the above and still be a jackass against other racers.

Mullah88

lol yup doing the pit maneuver is not worth it, just ride behind them giving them a speed boost and letting off at a turn. for some reason trying to break that momentum sends cars out of control

downloading NFS Rivals complete edition
racing games was the main reason for my PS4

had a few hours with The Crew beta and hours of grinding DriveClub just finished thing are still acting weird for me hope for the update soon

will check this thread daily but going to take a break until there is something new

Uhh, you do realise that if you didn't chop across the front of that far in the beginning and spin yourself out, you wouldn't have had a problem? It was a straight enough road, there was tonnes of space, he was right up on the side of the road. You came across like you were gonna squeeze him for the lead and fucked yourself.

You're driving in third person so it's easy to see.

You did nothing but drive like a dick, including the part where you chopped across first place and spun your own car by clipping the front of the other car while overtaking on a wide straight....

This was the wrong race to show for the point you wanted to make cause all you did was think you own the road and wrecked other people's races in a tantrum after you wrecked your own.

I only saw one idiot in that video.

I now despise you.

Good day!

benzy

Uhh, you do realise that if you didn't chop across the front of that far in the beginning and spin yourself out, you wouldn't have had a problem? It was a straight enough road, there was tonnes of space, he was right up on the side of the road. You came across like you were gonna squeeze him for the lead and fucked yourself.

You did nothing but drive like a dick, including the part where you chopped across first place and spun your own car by clipping the front of the other car while overtaking on a wide straight....

This was the wrong race to show for the point you wanted to make cause all you did was think you own the road and wrecked other people's races in a tantrum after you wrecked your own.

I now despise you.

Good day!

Internet-Troll.jpg

dl77

I now despise you.

Good day!

Yup, the bloke in second place was a bit crap but the others guy did nothing wrong. He was first and took his racing line. He didn't swerve around to block the OP, instead he just got rammed by him and shoved out of the way. There were plenty of chances to overtake if you didn't drive into the barriers or the other car.

If he thinks that's an unfair race then he's better off getting NFS when you're encouraged to barge people off the road!

webkatt

So is this game fixed yet?

I'm just asking as its been a bit of a cluster. I see it pop up on page one and hope it is. For the sake of clarity I have no urge to play/buy it as I'm not really into racers. I am just surprised that Sony's flagship racer for PS4 had this many issues after nearly a year delay.

I'm just asking as its been a bit of a cluster. I see it pop up on page one and hope it is. For the sake of clarity I have no urge to play/buy it as I'm not really into racers. I am just surprised that Sony's flagship racer for PS4 had this many issues after nearly a year delay.

So as a person that doesn't like racing games, why does it matter to you one way or another?

Korezo

Nope, sometimes it has some of the online functionality but in my case when ever I want to play it its still as bad as day one with no online functionality at all.

Melchiah

Seems to me (s)he might have ran into you by accident, and even if it was on purpose I don't see why you needed to take it out on all the other players.

barit

Playing now the last events and one of them is Norway at night. And holy shit you can see the polar light in the sky. Evo has truly created a piece of art here. Just amazing

AngerdX

So i broke down and even tho i know of all the issues, i got the ps+ upgrade as it´s a good price anyway, even tho i had promised myself to not get it, now i feel dirty and part of the problem.

Any tips for a smooth start? :)

Got one star left to get and I need the BAC Mono to do it but won't sign into my club. Not using that piece of scaffolding with an engine (atom). I have a love hate relationship with this game.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Playing now the last events and one of them is Norway at night. And holy shit you can see the polar light in the sky. Evo has truly created a piece of art here. Just amazing

Other than the online issues where this game really failed at is Marketing. Sony really let Evolution Studios down, the marketing did almost nothing to really push the game's unique features and how they change the driving which is the core of a racer's gameplay. Marketing is greatly to blame for the perception that DriveClub has "no soul" or that it does not "bring innovation" to the genre. I really hope that they wake up when the free weather DLC arrives: they ought to invest in re-launching the franchise in the eyes of consumers.

CozMick

Banned
Servers are completely down for me.

Club wont load, multiplayer wont load.

I thought we were done with this shit? challenges sure, but half the fucking game still not working c'mon Evo.

AngerdX

Seems to work for me atm, atleast i can access the clubs and such even online seems to work.

Also any gaf clubs with spots left?

Mostly a weekend player here.

Psn: AengerdX

Mullah88

I bet on the other players screen, he didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes the servers don't sync up right and other cars bump you when on there screen, they're racing a clean race

GodofWine

What'd you expect? it's a forum. Thus you got something similar to Skarka's Law.

I know...I know...it's cool, dap from some, rage from others, snark from the rest..I expected it honestly, I mean I did hunt down and wreck a guy...so yea ;)

After getting wrecked out of so many races last night by Bentley driving bros that guy was my breaking point..he had to go down, that bmw was collateral damage.

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh that "Driveclub is the worst launch ever" topic is starting to get to me :(. You have ridiculousness on both sides, with people claiming it's the worst ever and that it's sending people to buy XB1 (just plain stupid) and others that are stating that the online is working much better now (anyone who's played the game in the last 3 days or so knows this is obviously not true). Just something about the overplaying and downplaying of the issues is getting to me, because honestly I want this game to be fixed and running perfect, and I feel if everyone is saying "Oh this online is working fine now" when it's been working how it has been recently, then I'm afraid that EVO is gonna be thinking the same thing like the OCT 28th post where they said everyone was connecting online, but connecting online seems to be like every 10 minutes before is has a connection issue. Plus the recent bugging on Club levels and points going overly positive or overly negative too has been something that just popped up recently. I love this game so much and it has honestly become one of my favorite racing games, sitting up there with GT4, and there is nothing I want more than for this game to be fixed and perfect -___-.

Ugh that "Driveclub is the worst launch ever" topic is starting to get to me :(. You have ridiculousness on both sides, with people claiming it's the worst ever and that it's sending people to buy XB1 (just plain stupid) and others that are stating that the online is working much better now (anyone who's played the game in the last 3 days or so knows this is obviously not true). Just something about the overplaying and downplaying of the issues is getting to me, because honestly I want this game to be fixed and running perfect, and I feel if everyone is saying "Oh this online is working fine now" when it's been working how it has been recently, then I'm afraid that EVO is gonna be thinking the same thing like the OCT 28th post where they said everyone was connecting online, but connecting online seems to be like every 10 minutes before is has a connection issue. Plus the recent bugging on Club levels and points going overly positive or overly negative too has been something that just popped up recently. I love this game so much and it has honestly become one of my favorite racing games, sitting up there with GT4, and there is nothing I want more than for this game to be fixed and perfect -___-.

For me last week it was almost perfect. Never logged me out with everything except challenges working perfectly and only saw one ridiculous face off. Still some stupid times in the leaderboards but no way near as many as there were the week before. Since Friday things have been a bit different though and is more like it was the week prior.

Hugstable

Banned
Then it won't be fixed.

I feel that this game will be fixed, seeing as they already officially released it, I 100% don't believe they are just gonna go "ehh fuck it, bail" and just leave the game as it is. That would probably cause a bigger shitstorm than anything else.

Also I was just having thought of how awesome Weather is gonna change up the feel of the races. I can't wait til we finally get to see it implemented. All the Hyper cars are just gonna be flying and drifting all over the place muahahah

Sweep14

As already said : They are most certainly rewriting the entire netcode of the game. This kind of work takes time.

If Rushy is to be believed, the one year delay was not about online component of the game but about presentation, content and gameplay

Evolution and Sony made one big mistake with DC : They should have scheduled an open beta...This lack of open testing made them discover, way too late, that the online code they developed was not able to handle the MP part of DC as envisioned.

It's a major design error that could have been revealed earlier with an open beta. Of course the game's launch would have been further delayed and they would have need to do the same rewriting they're doing. People would be pissed and laughed at them for the delay clusterfucks but the game would have release complete, along with the PS+ edition.

yeah the controller is GREAT!

can I borrows your Wheel?
Um... no, GT7 will still demand it. it's just kind of ironic because I bought this wheel specifically for this game :lol

I can't even tell if he did that on purpose and then you did worse to the poor guy that was unfortunate enough to get between you and your revenge.

The AI does the same thing all the time though, it would probably be best if Evo tuned down or turned off collisions online or just renamed the game DestructionDerbyClub.

dano1

A Sheep
I feel that this game will be fixed, seeing as they already officially released it, I 100% don't believe they are just gonna go "ehh fuck it, bail" and just leave the game as it is. That would probably cause a bigger shitstorm than anything else.

I agree with you. I was just answering the trolls question:). I've had many games that had plenty of problems at launch. Battlefield 4 one of my favorite games took about 6 months for Conquest to work correctly. And I still play it all the time. I think the recent problems is trying to get the challenges up and running. Everything about how the cars handle just feels right. And I can't stop playing! Once this starts fireing on all cylinders this will easily be my favorite racer!

Melchiah

The AI does the same thing all the time though, it would probably be best if Evo tuned down or turned off collisions online or just renamed the game DestructionDerbyClub.

I don't have problems with them ramming into me from time to time, as it makes the races more exciting, but I certainly do have a problem with getting a collision penalty and a speed decrease when the AI rams into me from behind or side. I'd be perfectly fine if they just kept the AI how it is, and took away the collision penalty.

lewisgone

So I got this game with my PS4 in a bundle...enjoying it so far, but I haven't tried online yet. Are there any GAF clubs I can join? I don't know anyone with a PS4 and feel like I'm missing out by not joining a club.

I don't have problems with them ramming into me from time to time, as it makes the races more exciting, but I certainly do have a problem with getting a collision penalty and a speed decrease when the AI rams into me from behind or side. I'd be perfectly fine if they just kept the AI how it is, and took away the collision penalty.

Well if they upped the destructibility and the physics the destruction would be a nice part of the game. But now it's just RearEnding-Club.
It feels to me as if Evo realized late in development that their physics engine favored aggressive driving and thought that the penalty system would be the way to coerce drivers into avoiding each other. Instead it's just left the game feeling a bit like an accounting simulation.

It's totally fixable but Evo has so much on their plate right now.

viveks86

So I got this game with my PS4 in a bundle...enjoying it so far, but I haven't tried online yet. Are there any GAF clubs I can join? I don't know anyone with a PS4 and feel like I'm missing out by not joining a club.

Steps to find a club:

1) Add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your PSN friends list
2) Look up all of DRIVECLUB-GAF's friends and add as many as you want.
3) As your friends list grows, you wills start seeing their clubs within the game under club connections.
4) Look for vacancies and request to join. May be send the owner a PSN message as well.

Top Bottom