• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Lite screen dimness repair?

So I bought a refurbed DS Lite from Gamestop for my collection the other day. Thing looks great with one exception--the top screen is considerably dimmer than the bottom one.

Normally I would just take it back and exchange it, but it's one of the LE gold Zelda DS Lites (I collect limited editions of hardware), so it was not only the only one the store had, but the only one within a reasonable distance of me.

So I was wondering if this was something I could easily repair myself? I couldn't find too much on Google related to this specific problem, just a lot of videos on how to replace whole screens yourself. There are some telltale nicks in the screw covers, so I'm guessing these are already new screens anyway.

Has anyone had this problem and is it something I could fix myself? I don't own a soldering iron.

Letep

I'm pretty sure this is a common issue with DS Lites. I owned three of them and they all had a dim bottom screen.

I'm pretty sure this is a common issue with DS Lites. I owned three of them and they all had a dim bottom screen.

This is the top screen, though...I had an old black DS Lite that I gave to my nephew and the thing still looks fine on both screens. I'm wondering if it's something that happened when GS replaced the screen.

Top Bottom